THE CONJURING movies

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: THE CONJURING movies

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:The Warrens also were involved in a couple of days of the Amityville house. According to some, such as Marvin Scott, nothing at all happened in the house that night.

That's pretty much their involvement in Enfield as well!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:35 am

Why the Next "Conjuring" Film Should Take Place in Amityville!

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/08/ ... nal,manual
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am

I guess it will be one of those 'wait and see' details but the article is correct in that the timeline in the movies being consistent between the two actual cases is worthy noting. Unless of course they do a prequel or flashback sequence in The Conjuring 2.

We shall wait and see.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:15 am

James Wan has shared a new The Conjuring 2 set photo, featuring himself and returning stars Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson

Production on James Wan’s much anticipated horror sequel The Conjuring 2 officially began last month with an actual priest coming to bless the set. Today, Wan has a new The Conjuring 2 set photo that he just shared via social media. Check it out in full below for a look at returning stars Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, set to reprise their The Conjuring roles as real life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.

Unlike the recent spinoff film, Annabelle (which explored the back story of the first film’s terrifying doll), The Conjuring 2 will continue the based on truth adventures of the Warrens, whose cases have also inspired the likes of The Haunting in Connecticut and most notably, The Amityville Horror. The sequel is also set to feature Frances O’Connor, playing the part of a desperate mother whose daughter is experiencing a haunting.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/6 ... he-warrens
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:21 am

Others Named Besides Warner Bros. in Suit Over 'Conjuring' Movie.

The owners of a local house that was the basis for the wildly popular movie "The Conjuring" are now suing the movie-makers, among others, saying harassment by fans has made their lives a "living hell".

Case in point: a number of videos posted to youtube show trespassers coming up to the house where Norma Sutcliffe and her husband Gerry live. "They somehow feel that they have a right to be on this property by any means that they choose," says Norma.

Specifically named in the lawsuit, besides Warner Brothers: Jay Lichtenberger and Brian Medeiros, Jr.,the "Prankk Brothers.", who've made a number of wildly popular videos locally where they 'prank' unsuspecting passers-by. In the video referenced by Sutcliffe, with more than 800-thousand views before it was made 'private' on the web, "Prankk Brothers" camera is seen on the property, going past the 'No "Trespassing' sign, and zooming in on the house. At that point, a scary animated character is imposed on top of the video, with sound effects, in an effort to startle the viewer. "I want some recognition that they broke the law, and made a mockery of our home. They need to be brought in."

The harassment that's happened at the Harrisville house has happened before, in Long Island, New York, when the movie "the Amityville Horror" came out back in the 70's. "If anything comes out of this, and the lawsuit, however it turns out, I want to express the fact that this has got to stop. Because when they use real people, all those houses that are involved in those stories are still being harassed today. That's why we will never see, never see, total peace and privacy. Ever," says Sutcliffe.

Meanwhile, in a twist, there are other youtube videos, this time where Norma appears to corroborate paranormal activity at the house. In one, she is with Andrea Perron, author of the "House of Darkness, House of Light" trilogy of books, of what the Perron family says was its bizarre decade of living in the house. On the tape, Norma talks of hearing voices that sounded like they were coming from the other room, when no one was physically there. During my exclusive local interview with her, I asked her about that. "At the time I was just joking at the fact that there was sounds, but you never heard me say 'I believe there was ghosts'"

Norma and her husband are seeking a security system and security plan from Warner Brothers, and unspecified monetary damages, from the trespassers too.

It may take up to three years for a requested jury trial to happen if the case is not dismissed.

http://turnto10.com/news/local/others-n ... ring-movie
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Enfield via Hollywood...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Confirmed: The Conjuring 2 Will Begin in Amityville, New York

“This movie starts in Amityville so the very beginning of the movie is what really happened,” producer Rob Cowan told Dread. “[The Warrens] went into Amityville and they hold a séance, and fairly quickly after the whole thing happened… they went in and hold the séance and wander around the house… there’s a very famous photograph of a little boy that’s in the house that they thought was one of the kids, so we play all of that out with a little bit of a hook moment that plays throughout the movie..."

More spoilerish stuff at
http://ihorror.com/confirmed-the-conjur ... mityville/
&
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/153653 ... ibilities/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kudzu » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:32 am

I approve of these developments. :breakdance:
kudzu
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:08 am

Probably the worst article on the movies...

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3829138
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:34 am

"They're calling it England's Amityville..."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby shuggins » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:36 am

It does at least look pretty interesting. I loved the first Conjuring. Warrens aside, you have to admit The Conjuring was a damn good horror film. Heck, it nearly makes them (The Warrens) look endearing.
shuggins
Amityville Addict

Postby Vlad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 am

Yeah, I like the Warren characters as portrayed by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga. Not to keen on the real Warrens.
Vlad
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue May 24, 2016 3:46 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Jimmie_R » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:17 am

I really liked the second movie. It´s not up there with the first one but a worthy follow up.. and we all should be enjoying the beginning ;)
Jimmie_R
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:53 pm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:20 pm

It opened on 9th June here in Australia and of course yours truly went and saw it.

I was honestly not disappointed by it. As far as horror movies go it pretty much hit the mark on all counts and criteria. The fact it was based on a true story from previous experience can leave a bit of scepticism as most Hollywood renditions of 'based on true story' movies more or less can go off the radar as much as accuracy goes, trying to maintain that balance between staying true to what really happened and putting it in a two hour timeframe while keeping audiences from not being bored sh*tless. This is a common conundrum however we all know it can either go wrong a little or very horribly - in some aspects of the film I think it struck a reasonable balance yet I know what happened in the film did not actually happen for 100% of the time.

SPOILER ALERT FROM HERE ON:

Before going to actually see it I read a few reviews and between the negative and positive both agreed on the lag time between the initial activity in the Enfield home and where it actually went full on. For instance the amount of scenes where there were noises and the main victim, Janet, sleepwalking and talking in her sleep tended to drag out too much however it skipped the part where the Maurice Grosse character initially appeared to where the Warrens actually became involved, so you had the Warrens being greeted at the train station by Maurice Grosse. Granted you need to have some establishing scenes to build up to the main act but whether this observation in the reviews somewhat slanted my opinions when I actually saw the movie is anybody's guess.

I was impressed by the actors who played Ed and Lorraine (Patrick Wilson and Vera Fermiga, respectively) as they conveyed not the roles of fearless ghostbusters but flawed like the rest of us despite their strongly religious resolve to genuinely want to help the Hodgsons in their ordeal. They did not go in to the case believing that what was happening was the result of the demonic, whether this was the intention of the scriptwriters to convey a neutral approach in light of the real life accusations that the Warrens concluded that all their cases were the result of demonic activity is anybody's guess. However there was a scene in the movie within the first hour that had Ed and Lorraine Warren on a televised interview with Stephen Kaplan (who was referred to in the closing credits as 'Sceptic Kaplan') and in the three minutes the exchanges between Kaplan and Warrens took place it almost made you think it was the same exchanges the real life counterparts undertook ("the Warrens go in making everyone believe it is a demon" Kaplan would say; "What exactly are you a doctor of?" Ed Warren would ask) - these scenes made me chuckle as I was very familiar with the exchanges the Warrens and Kaplans did undertake. So in this respect the real life accusations were conveyed in the context of the Kaplan character and the naysayers they would encounter during the real life travels.

Although the sceptic aspect of the film was important to the story (as it was in reality) there was also another real life sceptic on the Enfield case called Anita Gregory, played by Franka Potente (of 'Run Lola Run' fame) who although I understood her approach to the case (to a certain point) she became somewhat of an antihero when it was appearing that Janet Hodgson was making it all up and confronted an emotionally exhausted Peggy Hodgson by accusing her of putting her daughter up to it (and we later learn why she was for reasons that had nothing to do with getting attention as was the belief of some of the media during the real Enfield case).

Honestly my main intention to seeing the film was the Amityville aspect at the start which covered a good fifteen minutes and we also learn, according to the narrative by movie Lorraine how she and Ed were investigating this case at the request of the Catholic Church (not true). As a person familiar with both the DeFeo and Lutz aspects of the case as far as accuracy was concerned (and we are all familiar with past efforts and dismal failure for many reasons) director James Wan followed the Amityville case as thoroughly as possible with impressive results. The opening scenes covered the March 1976 investigation which although actually took place at night in the movie happened during the day. In addition interior scenes of the house showed an almost accurate outlay of how the house was at the time. This aside it was how during the séance downstairs in the dining room the movie Lorraine Warren 'psychically teleported' to the night of the murders and saw things from the standpoint of Ronald DeFeo Jr. on the night of the murders, and relived through her projections what order he killed his family members. This scene was reconstructed accurately based on how it was established DeFeo not just shot his victims but how they were shot (although they seemed to miss out on Dawn).

We learn the Amityville case was the reason for the movie Lorraine taking a step back from investigating the case as the visions she encountered a nasty looking nun (which it turned out was a demonic manifestation) and this demonic figure’s connection (of course) to the Enfield case which is later established in the film towards the end. And of course the identity of the demonic presence which according to the rules of exorcism is where their power over the possessed is lost. I have known this in a few other movies such as ‘The Rite’ with Anthony Hopkins (a noteworthy film to see).

After the release it was speculated whether there would be a third installation to the series however Director Wan remained somewhat close-lipped preferring to wait for the reaction to the second movie before considering a third. Granted there are plenty of cases the Warrens were involved in and there being room for a third, I can somehow understand why James Wan chooses to wait. But given the success of the first and to some degree the second, and given Hollywood’s trend of releasing a score of sequels from a successful original (especially when the audiences get to the point of not giving a sh*t) I have a somewhat concerned notion that there will be a third (and probably a fourth).

I give it 6 out of 10 upside-down crucifixes.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:08 am

i saw this movie this past weekend. Very good movie even though they go way overboard with the typical cheesy modern horror movies special effects. The ending is totally fiction. The theatre was quite full. The actress that played Janet looked quite a bit like what the real Janet appeared in 1977.
Last edited by Victoria Principles on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:12 am

Did anyone see if the real Lorraine Warren made a cameo appearnace in the Conjuring 2 like she did in the first Conjuring movie (she was in the audience when the movie Warrens were appearing on a TV show).
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:27 am

This article here said the family that moved into the house after the mother died in 2003 moved out 2 months later after their son reported seeing a man entering his room.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3956965
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:33 am

The American child actors lost their English accents during the scare scenes.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Brendan72 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:30 pm

I was honestly trying to look away while some of the scarier scenes were building up, for example old Bill screaming at Janet from beside the television: "My home!!"
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Amityville Discussion