THE CONJURING movies

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: The Warrens - THE MOVIE!

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:50 am

So the story took place in the 70's, but has only just been turned into a book?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby devilbustedinct » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:So the story took place in the 70's, but has only just been turned into a book?

Well there isn’t much left for the Warren legacy to exploit. My guess is the book and movie is a twin deal as everything else is tainted:

Amityville had been done to death…

The Devil in Connecticut movie, as you will know, was killed…

Satan’s Harvest has the tragedy after the book’s release which makes the Warrens look like asses …

Werewolf is just too dammed stupid…

The Smurls had their infamous TV movie…

The Snedekers ditched the Warrens and took their story all the way to the bank (laughing I might add)…

All the rest are of their books are compilations.

One would think a story that old might be a bit hard to remember…unless it was for the right price..

And HOW THE F can EVERYTHING the Warrens ever did be the most horrible, or the most shocking? Even in 1983 they claimed TDICT was their worst case ever...c'mon, they should really get their sh*t together.
devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Has the Perron story been talked about much in the past? Demonologist maybe?

devilbustedinct wrote:Satan’s Harvest has the tragedy after the book’s release which makes the Warrens look like asses …

:think: Not sure I know what happened there...
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Victoria Principles » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:So the story took place in the 70's, but has only just been turned into a book?

Well there isn’t much left for the Warren legacy to exploit. My guess is the book and movie is a twin deal as everything else is tainted:

Amityville had been done to death…

The Devil in Connecticut movie, as you will know, was killed…

Satan’s Harvest has the tragedy after the book’s release which makes the Warrens look like asses …

Werewolf is just too dammed stupid…

The Smurls had their infamous TV movie…

The Snedekers ditched the Warrens and took their story all the way to the bank (laughing I might add)…

All the rest are of their books are compilations.

One would think a story that old might be a bit hard to remember…unless it was for the right price..

And HOW THE F can EVERYTHING the Warrens ever did be the most horrible, or the most shocking? Even in 1983 they claimed TDICT was their worst case ever...c'mon, they should really get their sh*t together.

Speaking of the Snedekers, the son who was the central figure inthe Haunting in Connecticut story just past away.
http://www.asimas.com/ASIMAS/hertetrick/obituaryDescription.jsp?domain_id=285&deceased_id=251768
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby devilbustedinct » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Has the Perron story been talked about much in the past? Demonologist maybe?

devilbustedinct wrote:Satan’s Harvest has the tragedy after the book’s release which makes the Warrens look like asses …

:think: Not sure I know what happened there...

No, there was no mention of the family in the Demonologist whatsoever...kind of strange when you figure "it was one of their most horrible cases."

Thanks for that info Victoria. I had no idea. I wonder if it was indeed cancer.

As far as Satan's Harvest, I pulled this from an old post of mine....

Thanks Shawn, but that's been part of out links section for about four years. The aftermath is even worse. After the book ends when Ed and Lorraine once again save the day, Maurice was free! The demon was gone! Bu they had the man so convinced he was possessed, on the anniversary of his parents murder/suicide, he broke into his wife's home (she had a restraining order against him), cut the power, and waited for her. When she came home he grabbed her, dragged her into the street with a shotgun and shot her, then he dragged her back inside and killed himself. Luckily she survived minus an arm.

Maurice's own sister made a public outcry against the Warrens in the newspapers, saying that they fueled his delusional belief to the point where he was faking it, carving crosses into his skin, cutting himself, etc. She claimed he was simply a pedophile who was able to use the excuse the Warrens gave him to commit his crimes (sound familiar?). He tried to confess to raping is own stepdaughter but the Warrens convinced him it wasn't him, it was his evil doppelganger instead! The story is such utter bullsh*t I'm surprised there wasn't a lawsuit, but poor Maurice had already signed his name on the dotted line for a measly percentage of royalties which amounted to nothing.

There has been available for a long time footage of his exorcism (first available on in the early 90s on FANGORIAS SCREAM GREATS VOLUME 2: SATANISM AND WITCHCRAFT) but it more recently has made it's rounds on YouTube. I have a collection of newspaper articles on the case if you are interested, I will see if I can scan and post them.

The authors should be ashamed. It is poorly written, full of ridiculous exaggerations, and tried to get a known pedophile off the hook by blaming it on his demonic double. Absolute crap. You can just read some of the posts by his own family under the book at Amazon.

The Warrens never tell you about the aftermath and they were at least smart enough not to try to cash in again on this one.

What a sad story. And some people truly believe they do no harm.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=_z ... ault&hl=en Scroll over to read second part.
devilbustedinct

Postby MrRING » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 pm

There were a few stories in the Demonologists that were plenty scary to read, but I'd be interested in general to see what kind of film/take that Wan makes, having enjoyed his recent films quite a bit.
MrRING
Amityville Member

Postby devilbustedinct » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 am

Title officially changed from "The Conjuring" to "The Warren Files"
devilbustedinct

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:05 am

From Lorraine Warren's Facebook -

Vera Farmiga ( dressed to portray Lorraine Warren) and Lorraine on the set of the movie.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:48 am

I wonder which one of the 3 dudes in back is Evanguy.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm

'The Conjuring' Will Appear in Theaters Soon

Haunted farmhouse tale "The Conjuring" now has a date with moviegoers. Previously known as "The Warren Files" — and starring Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, Ron Livingston, Lili Taylor, Mackenzie Foy, Joey King, Hayley McFarland, Joe Bishara, and Shanley Caswell — the supernatural creeper opens on January 25, 2013. Taylor and Livingston play the Perrons, based on a real-life couple that was haunted by evils spirits in their Rhode Island home. Director James Wan ("Insidious," "Saw") cast Farmiga and Wilson as real-life paranormal investigators Ed (now deceased) and Lorraine Warren ("Paranormal State"). They're the longtime ghost hunting team who worked cases that became cinema sensations, like the real-life "Amityville Horror" murders in the 1970s. The film is based on the book "House of Darkness, House of Light: The True Story" by Andrea Perron. Is the real-life link spooky enough for you to give this one a shot?

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/07/26/byzantium-stills/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:28 am

Fascinating ...

According to the imdb.com trivia, the estimated budget is $13 million.
- Brendan72

"Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society."
- Confucius. Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:13 am

That's pretty cheap.

Look for Shattered Hopes Part III - the anti-haunting chapter - to appear one week before this movie!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:30 am

I'm counting down the days till that one ... :roll:
- Brendan72

"Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society."
- Confucius. Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am

collider.com wrote:New York Comic-Con: THE CONJURING Panel Recap; A Cool Take on a Real Haunted House Story in the Vein of THE AMITYVILLE HORROR and THE HAUNTING

I went into the panel for The Conjuring knowing nothing about the film other than James Wan (Insidious) directed it and it starred Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Lili Taylor, and Ron Livingston. I came away thinking that Warner Bros. might have a surprise horror hit on their hands for 2013, and I say this as someone who is not a fan of Wan’s breakthrough film, Saw (I have yet to see Insidious). We got to see a solid trailer and a clip that really got the crowd going, and it looks like Wan may have created a nice period flick that puts a nice spin on the paranormal investigators-vs-haunted-house horror sub-genre.

The panel begins with moderator Chris Hardwicke inviting Wan, Wilson, Taylor, and Livingston on stage. Wan says The Conjuring is a film about original real-life ghost hunters Ed and Lorraine Warren (played by Wilson and Farmiga). The story concerns a young family and their five kids who move into a farmhouse where they’re beset with evil spirits, in particular, the malevolent spirit of a witch.

Then the panel shows us the trailer, which will probably be online soon enough. We’re the first audience to see it, and the crowd responded really well. I like the period-setting (1970s), I like the cast, and there’s definitely some potential to break the mold of a familiar ghost-hunters/haunted-family vs. evil entity story.

Wilson talks about visiting the Warrens’ home and seeing the “Haunted Room”, where they keep items from their ghost-busting travels, stuff used in rituals, and “the Annabelle doll”, where horrible things happen to people who touch it. Wilson said the visit helped informed his and Farmiga’s performances.

Notes from the Q&A:

Wan says that while The Conjuring is in the same wheelhouse as Insidious, this one is more grounded in reality, which makes it scarier. He says he’s trying to honor the point of view of the family this happened to.
He says he might have one more ghost story out there, but there are other genres he would like to explore such as action, sci-fi, or a comic book movie.

Wan wanted to make his film feel like if they had gone back in time to the 1970s and shoot a movie in the time period. He always wanted to pay tribute to movies like The Haunting and The Amityville Horror. He sees The Conjuring as a classic ghost story.

The Conjuring opens July 19, 2013.

More at:
http://collider.com/the-conjuring-panel ... on/202888/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: THE CONJURING - The Warrens movie

Postby Jacob Sterling » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Wow, cool! They're finally making the Warrens movie! I know Lorraine has been hinting at it for years, but they're finally doing it... I'm excited.
Sometimes I drink more than I need to, until the TV's dead and gone. I may be lonely-- but I'm never alone, and the night may pass me by, but I never cry.
~ Alice Cooper
Jacob Sterling
Don't lie to me, you bastard fornicator.

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 am

We were treated to a scarifying trailer in which the Warrens are called upon to investigate the strange goings-on in the Perron house, caused by a bunch of creepy little dead girl spirits impishly hopping around closets and stairways like they own the joint. From the clothes to the lighting and décor, “The Conjuring” oozes ’70s period atmosphere, and almost felt like a film from that era like “The Amityville Horror” or “Burnt Offerings,” which Wan said was entirely intentional.

“I wanted to make a movie that looked like we went back to the seventies and shot one of these stories,” said Wan.

Made for around $13-million, the healthiest budget of Wan’s highly profitable career, “The Conjuring” (at one time titled “The Warren Files”) shot in North Carolina to stand in for the Rhode Island home, and at one point during the Q&A a woman said she grew up next to that house and it looked nothing like its depicted in the footage, which Wan admitted had been “heightened” to give audiences the heebie jeebies.

http://www.film.com/movies/nycc-the-con ... anel-recap
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 am

Brendan72 wrote:Fascinating ...

According to the imdb.com trivia, the estimated budget is $13 million.

If the budget is that small, maybe Evanguy will have to play himself in the movie.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:23 pm

'Conjuring' test screenings scare up B.O. potential

For the first time in recent memory, a straight-up horror film -- Warner Bros. and New Line's "The Conjuring" -- will bow during the heart of summer, a result of scary-good test screening results.

The film's recent date change from Jan. 25 to July 19 was announced just days before Warner premiered an extended scene and trailer for the film Saturday at New York Comic Con. The footage elicited thunderous applause and screams.

Still, studio execs likely weren't too surprised by the response. Since the summer, "Conjuring" has been generating virtually unheard-of positive responses from two test screenings.

The move to July -- a huge vote of confidence for "The Conjuring" -- was made in direct response to those screenings: The film scored in the low-90% range when averaging the number of auds who rated the film either "excellent" or "very good." Concerning men under 25, the pic scored even higher, just below 100%.

For context, it's very rare for a film to receive those sort of scores; it's even rarer for horror films.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111806 ... v0RE.email
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Spinoff Online wrote:The New Line release is based on the true story of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga), who are called in 1971 to a haunted Rhode Island farmhouse owned by the Perron family (the parents are played by Ron Livingston and Lili Taylor). As Wan explained, the house is actually inhabited by several spirits, but the worst of the bunch is the ghost of a witch that imprints itself on the family.

While the trailer played, the audience clearly found itself engrossed in the atmosphere of the period piece. For as many shrieks and gasps as there were during the video, there were twice as many cheers as it ended and the lights came back on.

Hardwick then brought some lightness to the fairly freaked-out crowd by bringing out Wilson, Livingston and Taylor to rousing applause. Immediately after an introduction, another clip played, this one a longer scene in which Taylor is tormented by a ghost. Again, the scene got a huge reaction from the crowd.

When asked by an audience member who claimed to have lived next to the real haunted house whether they had conducted research there, Wan said they didn’t. However, the filmmakers did visit the Warrens’ house, which has a room where they keep items connected to nefarious spirits.

“Vera and I drove up to see Lorraine, and Vera didn’t want to go into the haunted room,” Wilson said, admitting that as a skeptic he found it difficult to put himself in the world of these people who believe so intensely in such things.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... rror-film/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Miz Kizzle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 pm

It appears that somebody was too lazy to come up with an original plot for this train wreck of a movie. I didn't expect anything on the level of Citizen Kane coming from a film that Lorraine Warren is involved in, but The Conjuring is just pathetic. The "well-known New England legend" about a witch named Bethesda who sacrifices her baby to something called Dovahkiin is in reality based on the video game Elder Scrolls by a company called -- wait for it -- Bethesda.
I'm just sayin'.
Miz Kizzle
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:57 pm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Amityville Discussion