True Haunting - Edwin F. Becker

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Re: True Haunting - Edwin F. Becker

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 pm

I still can't get used to Kindle... I find it just like reading on a Laptop... I like to turn the pages and smell the paper I guess... hoo ahh... Old Skool yo!

:)
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:08 pm

okay, im halfway through the book. I must say out of all of the
books that claim a true haunting, this one by far is the most believable.

No fancy flash and drama like yo would see in a Jay Anson book (for example)
yet as I read I could see mental images of what was going on.

While I still feel the need to research this subject a bit, I am anxiously
awaiting the ending. I think that if the Amityville Horror had been written
like this book, I think it would have changed how people saw it..

Hey Toonce, I don't know how I ever lived without my Kindle:) Since getting
one I cannot stop reading. In fact the idea of having 45 books with me whenever
I have it kind of excites me:) I have my tech manuals for computer and internet
security on it as well; makes for a handy reference source.

I will be finished with the haunting book by Saturday Night...should be.

Later all:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 am

I have finished reading. Very interesting story! While the story did
mention and explain the differences between ghosts and non-human
spirits (demons) the author did not have all sorts of dramatic
embellishments. I like this story. Short book but a good read:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 pm

It was the subject of tonight's PARANORMAL WITNESS on SyFy. Watching it now... good so far. Should be online to view tomorrow I'd think!
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

MerchBoi

Post by MerchBoi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Also doing some research it appears the house has been on and off the market more often then normal..... Hmmm.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
Take a chance,
-IN MY LIFE

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:52 am

Now that is interesting.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

MerchBoi

Post by MerchBoi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
Take a chance,
-IN MY LIFE

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:54 pm

I note one of the bedrooms has a crucifix on the wall above the bed ....
- Brendan72

ScootsMagoo
Amityville Member

Post by ScootsMagoo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:34 pm

Quote:

> "Edwin Becker may or may not be behind the attacks of the negative reviews of his book, maybe he just has a few rabid fans out there who want to defend him, but even if that is the case, it's still a major turn off to the casual reader."

Oh he's definitely behind some of it. He and his wife both. He's the Amazon user book man and she's Voracious Reader. I've read the nasty and/or weird paranoid accusatory comments they make and it's revealed who's who and I've chosen not to support their book because of it. If someone lent it to me, maybe, but I'm not paying for it. They are always calling bad reviews "blatant attacks against the author" when I've only seen reviews that laid out actual seemingly reasonable examples of what the reader didn't Ilike. So far from being attacks, just reviews.

He communicates a lot with his fans, I see, so he could easily have the influence to ask the rude ones to stop negatively affecting his sales? But really actually he's the worst one doing it of them all. It's amazing to see how thin skinned these self-published authors can be, and his book is rated so well! Why fixate on and any slightly remotely negative opinion and be a bully?

It's frustrating because I love to read every true paranormal account I can, and this one is so talked about, but my impression of the very people in the story has ruined my interest to read the book. Kind of like that one with the guy who slaughtered a cat? I can't remember it but it was talked about with outrage in the Amazon reviews so I nope'd that one, too. I want to read accounts by good people.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:21 am

I am not aware of the negative comments you claim the authors have instigated. I can only imagine the kind of internet trolling that goes on with any controversial topic. Amityville is a case in point. Some people just revel in attention even if it stems from negativity. Attention is still attention after all, just like bad news is still news.
- Brendan72

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Brendan72 wrote:I am not aware of the negative comments you claim the authors have instigated. I can only imagine the kind of internet trolling that goes on with any controversial topic. Amityville is a case in point. Some people just revel in attention even if it stems from negativity. Attention is still attention after all, just like bad news is still news.
of course one (others) would have to expect such "trolling" when a story as the Amityville haunting is put upon an unsuspecting public. such in a way that it was put forward to the public. wouldn't you agree? not to offend my friend on here but, if the story in itself was not really "true" to begin with, then one might suggest that certain parties involved might be a bit "trollish" themselves from the very beginning, ey? thus proceeding the inescapable balloons of insanity to start popping at every corner of the Amityville propaganda machine! like 40 years pushing, so to speak.

but then again, trolling in all it's forms (not limited to the web) can be highly entertaining such with books and documentaries and the flicks. well, some of them anyway. and it does promote said interest, I mean here we are! now there are what we might go so far as to say "the nasty trolls" whom can be quite alarming in their methods and approach to this extremely fascinating story. the ones who drive themselves to such proportions with their own haunting agenda like driving past the house or worse, standing outside the house and invading privacy and shooting pointless videos to show nothing more than an ordinary house? ones that have to kill the cat by sneaking into the house to satisfy (an obviously sick fetish) in order to convince themselves that they indeed did feel something while in the home, even though they know they really felt or saw nothing, somehow seems to soothe their fantasies while they cant get over the fact that they are themselves as silly as the people they shake their fists at whom they claim to be the real trolls! :shock:

in closing, which brings us back to the topic of this thread. true haunting. maybe the only haunting at 112 ocean ave is the aftermath of the trolling that has tormented the subsequent buyers since a certain family "fled".......

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:07 am

Bloody hell! That's an interesting take on this subject. An excellent point with the troll thing.

Bango Skank
Amityville Member

Post by Bango Skank » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:01 am

Brendan72 wrote:I am not aware of the negative comments you claim the authors have instigated. I can only imagine the kind of internet trolling that goes on with any controversial topic. Amityville is a case in point. Some people just revel in attention even if it stems from negativity. Attention is still attention after all, just like bad news is still news.
If you look at the comments on the reviews of True Haunting on Amazon, you'll see two people who comment on almost every review that's three stars or less. One goes by the handle Barbarian, and the other one is Book Man. I don't know if Book Man is the author or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. The majority of the reviews criticize the writing, and these two jump in almost every time and accuse the reviewers of attacking the author, or outright call the reviews abusive. It's pretty pathetic and fits the behavior of other self published authors I've seen in the past. Some of them have very thin skin and can't take it when someone points out that their writing isn't very good, or that they could have used an editor. I've seen this happen with quite a few self published books over the years, but I've never seen it worse than with A True Haunting.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:58 am

You call them bad reviews, how do you know this isn't the demonic force using cyber terrorism? They can probably use fake IP addresses. Demons can use the internet as well you know, we saw proof of that in a movie I can't remember the name of recently.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Caffeinated24x7
**New Account**

Post by Caffeinated24x7 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm

The 2453 N Campbell Home is for sale again. Seems likes it’s on the MLS every year. It’s been remodeled recently. I wonder how that went considering how it was described in Edwin’s book.