Christopher Quaratino in Psychic World

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Christopher Quaratino in Psychic World

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 am

An interview with Chris, but the article talks about the Amityville Horror in general. From the November 2011 issue of Psychic World in the UK

pdf version
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4288510 ... -391k?da=y
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4288511 ... -513k?da=y

Short URL version
Part 1 http://kvisit.com/S_t-:) flower :)
Part 2 http://kvisit.com/S_9-:) flower :)
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Re: Couple of Christopher Quaratino (Lutz) photos from Frida

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:03 am

Sorry I neglected to add the URL link for the pdf’s - the below should work fine

Part 1 http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4288510 ... -391k?da=y
Part 2 http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4288511 ... -513k?da=y

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 am

Matt9290 wrote:Sorry I neglected to add the URL link for the pdf’s - the below should work fine

Part 1 http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4288510 ... -391k?da=y
Part 2 http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4288511 ... -513k?da=y
You have to verify your account on keepandshare or we cannot view it... photobucket all the way!

:)
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:24 am

I've verified account now. I only opened the account to share the article with you guys on here, but not very tech-minded

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks for that!

As you probably know, not everyone is sold on the idea George was into the occult, as told by his step-sons... this all came to light when he's no longer around to defend himself.

Looks like we'll hear it from Danny first in My Amityville Horror.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Thanks for that!

As you probably know, not everyone is sold on the idea George was into the occult, as told by his step-sons... this all came to light when he's no longer around to defend himself.

I agree, and I must admit that I was/am a big believer in George, and I am100% sure that he was telling the truth about his experiences at the Amityville house... But what makes me think that there is more to the story is the fact that it followed him/them, then they left the house.
I wrote a follow-up article for the July 2012 issue of Psychic World, which enlarges upon Chris's claim.
Apparently George knew Raymond Buckland, and visited his Museum of Witchcraft ... The Museum closed in 1973, so this all had to have taken place prior to him buying the house.

Now I am no fan of Stephen Kaplin, but in his book The Amityville Conspiracy there is a 'throw away' couple of passages, which was during a conversation he had with George about Witchcraft, and George mentions Buckland.

Kaplin asks: "Oh you've heard of Ray Buckland?"
George replies: "Sure I knew Ray; we had some interesting conversations about witchcraft when he ran the museum"

It is common knowledge that Kathy blamed a lot of their problems of Transcendental Meditation. And while I'm not trying to claim George was practicing witchcraft, I do think that armed with his small knowledge of the subject, and living in a house where only a year earlier such tragedies took place, I am sure that the 'atmosphere' could become overwhelming for the unwary.

The only thing I do know for sure is that both George and Kathy were not telling lies, and whatever manifested in the house followed them, and the subsequent owners never experienced anything!

I know Chris and Danny have there own agendas... All I'm trying to do is give a possible cause or trigger for the events. If Chris is telling the truth, then it does not detract from the events being TRUE or less terrifying, and if he is making them up, then he will be caught out eventually.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 am

Matt9290 wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:Thanks for that!

I agree, and I must admit that I was/am a big believer in George, and I am100% sure that he was telling the truth about his experiences at the Amityville house... But what makes me think that there is more to the story is the fact that it followed him/them, then they left the house.
I wrote a follow-up article for the July 2012 issue of Psychic World, which enlarges upon Chris's claim.
Apparently George knew Raymond Buckland, and visited his Museum of Witchcraft ... The Museum closed in 1973, so this all had to have taken place prior to him buying the house.

Now I am no fan of Stephen Kaplin, but in his book The Amityville Conspiracy there is a 'throw away' couple of passages, which was during a conversation he had with George about Witchcraft, and George mentions Buckland.

Kaplin asks: "Oh you've heard of Ray Buckland?"
George replies: "Sure I knew Ray; we had some interesting conversations about witchcraft when he ran the museum"

It is common knowledge that Kathy blamed a lot of their problems of Transcendental Meditation. And while I'm not trying to claim George was practicing witchcraft, I do think that armed with his small knowledge of the subject, and living in a house where only a year earlier such tragedies took place, I am sure that the 'atmosphere' could become overwhelming for the unwary.

The only thing I do know for sure is that both George and Kathy were not telling lies, and whatever manifested in the house followed them, and the subsequent owners never experienced anything!

I know Chris and Danny have there own agendas... All I'm trying to do is give a possible cause or trigger for the events. If Chris is telling the truth, then it does not detract from the events being TRUE or less terrifying, and if he is making them up, then he will be caught out eventually.
Danny also says that George was involved in the occult.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 am

I've never had the opportunity to interview Danny (yet) but would like to. However I did interview Chris and found him to be a very level-head down to earth sort of guy. And it is obvious that he has experienced something beyond the range of what is generally accepted as 'normal'

I think when something like this happens you try and rationalize it by looking for a cause, and as there was no obvious cause, such as faulty water heating or LSD in the water supply, then your left with the paranormal or 'spectral' cause, so again you try and look for the cause of that.
Whereas Hans Holzer thought it was something to do with the house being on an Indian burial ground (which doesn't hold water in my opinion), and many others think that the Defeo murders may have been the trigger, Chris thinks that it was Georges interest in the occult which was to blame.

I honestly do not think that George was running around casting spells or chanting incantation trying to raise the dead, but I do think that it is possible that his 'open mindedness' on the subject was a BIG contributing factor.
Coincidentally, if you think about it logically, anyone buying the house (following the Lutz 28 days) would have to be very closed-mined on the subject of the paranormal, otherwise they simply wouldn't have bought it.

I feel I have to point out that while I write on the subject of the paranormal, I myself am not psychic, and although I have investigated well over a hundred haunted buildings in the UK, only once have I ever come across something I could not explain... But once is enough to keep me interested in the subject.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:59 am

Matt9290 wrote:I've never had the opportunity to interview Danny (yet) but would like to. However I did interview Chris and found him to be a very level-head down to earth sort of guy. And it is obvious that he has experienced something beyond the range of what is generally accepted as 'normal'

I think when something like this happens you try and rationalize it by looking for a cause, and as there was no obvious cause, such as faulty water heating or LSD in the water supply, then your left with the paranormal or 'spectral' cause, so again you try and look for the cause of that.
Whereas Hans Holzer thought it was something to do with the house being on an Indian burial ground (which doesn't hold water in my opinion), and many others think that the Defeo murders may have been the trigger, Chris thinks that it was Georges interest in the occult which was to blame.

I honestly do not think that George was running around casting spells or chanting incantation trying to raise the dead, but I do think that it is possible that his 'open mindedness' on the subject was a BIG contributing factor.
Coincidentally, if you think about it logically, anyone buying the house (following the Lutz 28 days) would have to be very closed-mined on the subject of the paranormal, otherwise they simply wouldn't have bought it.

I feel I have to point out that while I write on the subject of the paranormal, I myself am not psychic, and although I have investigated well over a hundred haunted buildings in the UK, only once have I ever come across something I could not explain... But once is enough to keep me interested in the subject.

Chris talked about George conjuering up demons. I think in the next week we will find more about what Danny says.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:29 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Chris talked about George conjuering up demons. I think in the next week we will find more about what Danny says.
Yes Chris mentioned this too me, but wasn't specific on how George was said to have conjured up these demons. I figured that Chris was young at the time, and may be remembering thing in an 'exaggerated' way.
George may have spoken with Ray Buckland and visited his museum, but not even Aleister Crowley could have conjured up demons like this!!!
When looking for a 'cause' for problems or situations like this I think it is only human nature to unconsciously distort the facts to fit our needs.
I find it really difficult to imagine that George was actively trying to summon up demons in the house, and if so, then we would have to accept the fact that Kathy knew about it, and had no regards for her children's safety - which I just cannot even begin to believe.

I will be really interested to hear what Danny has to say on the matter, and what else transpires over the coming weeks.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Matt9290 wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:Chris talked about George conjuering up demons. I think in the next week we will find more about what Danny says.
Yes Chris mentioned this too me, but wasn't specific on how George was said to have conjured up these demons. I figured that Chris was young at the time, and may be remembering thing in an 'exaggerated' way.
George may have spoken with Ray Buckland and visited his museum, but not even Aleister Crowley could have conjured up demons like this!!!
When looking for a 'cause' for problems or situations like this I think it is only human nature to unconsciously distort the facts to fit our needs.
I find it really difficult to imagine that George was actively trying to summon up demons in the house, and if so, then we would have to accept the fact that Kathy knew about it, and had no regards for her children's safety - which I just cannot even begin to believe.

I will be really interested to hear what Danny has to say on the matter, and what else transpires over the coming weeks.
You would be amazed at what AC and his deciple, one James Page were said to conjure up.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 am

Victoria Principles wrote:You would be amazed at what AC and his deciple, one James Page were said to conjure up.
Actually a number of my colleagues in the UK (most of which have passed on now) knew Aleister Crowley, so I am well versed in his 'claimed activities' which have been exaggerated and blown out of all proportions.
Crowley was a heroin addict from a very early age, and by all accounts, the only demons he ever called up were fabrications of his own mind. Billed as the most evil man in England, this title came about mostly because he wrote for the Nazi's during the War.
Coincidentally I own a few of Crowley's personal belongings which were gifted to me when my old friend Eric Maple died.

As I said previously, if you believe that George was trying to conjure up demons in the Amityville house, and by some long stretch of the imagination, managed to become teach himself to be as good as Crowley (who never summoned a demon in his life) then Kathy must have known about this and had no regard for her children's welfare. Do you really think that is true?

I know George visited the witchcraft museum, but that just illustrated his open mind on the subject, nothing more. I still maintain that it was his open-mindedness which some malevolent spirit might have tapped in to, nothing more...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Christopher Quaratino in Psychic World

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I've split this topic, as it deserves it's own thread, and moved it into the main section.

Matt - what's your opinion on Crowley's The Book of Thoth?

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Thank you very much for the file/article.... :clap:

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:I've split this topic, as it deserves it's own thread, and moved it into the main section.

Matt - what's your opinion on Crowley's The Book of Thoth?
Firstly, many thanks for giving the subject its own thread, and I will try and get a couple of articles from this month’s issue (July 2012) scanned up in to a pdf form for you, as it contains two articles about the Amityville.
One is a follow-up article I did on my talk with Chris, which I did not want to release until Chris had given his live fire side chat last Halloween. And the other is an article titles Amityville: Truth or Hoax by an English medium called Philip Solomon. Philip was a good friend of Hans Holzer, so his article is from a completely different point of view to mine, and follows the idea that 112 Ocean Avenue was built on an Indian Burial ground. Solomon also believes that haunting was genuine.

The Book of Thoth is a truly fascinating book in my humble opinion, and I was quite fortunate enough to have secured one of the original 200 signed copies.
I must admit I read it from a ‘historical’ point of view rather than a practitioner of ‘magical arts’ and I think it gives a unique insight in to the minds and beliefs of our Egyptian ancestors. It also leaves me (personally) with a real sense of wonderment.
If readers of this board are interested, here is a pdf link which can be downloaded: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/Files/Books/Ge ... 0Thoth.pdf

In closing I would just like to say that my article is a reflection on Chris’s views, and while I have no reason to doubt that George had an interest in the occult, I honestly do not believe that he was attempting to “conjure up demons” but he may have unintentionally become the focus for a malevolent energy or spirit.
Am I really alone in believing that Kathy Lutz would not have placed her children in danger?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 am

The Book of Thoth became a favourite of the last wife of Ronnie DeFeo, to the point she began seeing and herself and Ronnie described in the book as ancient Egyptians!

And yes - where was Kathy Lutz when her husband was apparently conjuring up demons? Next to him on the floor when they practiced TM together I guess...

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:53 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:The Book of Thoth became a favourite of the last wife of Ronnie DeFeo, to the point she began seeing and herself and Ronnie described in the book as ancient Egyptians!

And yes - where was Kathy Lutz when her husband was apparently conjuring up demons? Next to him on the floor when they practiced TM together I guess...
I know very little about Ronnie DeFeo’s wife/wives. How many times has he been married now? I’m sure the answer to that question will be on these boards somewhere, so I’ll have a nosy around…
Have you read The Book of Thoth Jason? If not then I hope the pdf was of some interest.

I’ve always been more interested in the haunting rather than the murders, although I’m sure the latter was the cause (or a big contributing factor) of the haunting.

Matt

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm

I wonder if George and Kathy used a ouija board. A device like that CAN bring forth terrible spirits imo. Perhaps the evil was already there and was the driving point as to why Ronny did such a terrible thing. maybe it was there already and George and Kathy gave it the power by using a board. :think:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:39 pm

George said that they didn't.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:George said that they didn't.
I thought so, but wasn't sure. Can TM really tap into the mysteries of the occult? I'm familiar, quite, with OBE's and such. I was told that TM is sort of like it but never really researched it.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:29 am

Shawn wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:George said that they didn't.
I thought so, but wasn't sure. Can TM really tap into the mysteries of the occult? I'm familiar, quite, with OBE's and such. I was told that TM is sort of like it but never really researched it.
Kathy already put the blame on TM... I spoke a very gifted UK medium on the subject and she told the following, which I think is worth sharing:

"some people can get so deep into a TM state that they can unknowingly open up a door and if they were unaware of it and didn't know how to control the communication so that they were getting it from those more evolved who had passed away, such as relatives, friends and higher, then it would have been so easy for any mischievous passing energy to sneak in ... this is why, when people start to display any kind of gift I tell them to learn how to contact "the good" because it is easier to just open the door and let the less evolved through ... some people are so happy to get ANY contact ... but you wouldn't leave your front door wide open so just anyone could walk in, would you ... ?!
When I read about such as this (meaning the Amityville haunting), I really do feel that it's been a case of a little knowledge being dangerous ... I mean, look at electricity ... it can be used to power incubators to keep little premature babies alive until they are more developed to be able to breathe properly yet it can also be used to power the electric chair to take someone's life ... it's all about HOW we use it ... so too with this, I think ..."

I'm sure TM played a big part in triggering off the events for George, Kathy and their children - but in regards to Ronny... I think he was just plain and simply responsible for his own behavior --- it could be argued that heroine could induce a trance-like-state, and open him up in much the same way as the Lutz family, but many of his comments and especially his lack of remorse do not support this.