Ed and Lorraine Warren: Amityville Horror

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Ed and Lorraine Warren: Amityville Horror

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Never seen this before: Ed and Lorraine Warren discuss their experience in the house.
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bGgwUhYME&feature=related

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaXTR1DMB4s&feature=relmfu
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Re: Ed and Lorraine Warren: Amityville Horror

Postby Howard64 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I had never seen these either...though I am sure there will be
some who will not agree with what the Warrens are saying.

I think to some degree, they are correct. I guess I am on the
fence so to speak. I am undecided on much of the material these
two have covered.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Brooke Forrester » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I hear a lot of negative things about the Warrens but I have not followed them so I'm no expert on any of it. Ryan Buell of Paranormal State who I think seems pretty sincere as a paranormal investigator, really respects the Warrens and Lorraine has appeared on his show. She seems really nice.

I'm not going to say I think they didn't experience anything regarding the Amityville house, but I don't think it has anything to do with the house today. Imo whatever was the trouble back then is gone now and has been since the Cromarty family lived there, considering they and everyone else there since then have enjoyed the house.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 pm

In the full video they show a bunch of "occult paraphernalia" which they claim Ronnie left in the Red Room!

:|
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 am

I ordered this on DVD from the Warrens collection ... along with the CD of George Lutz's 1977 interview.

The DVD interview was okay, though I'm not 100% convinced of the paraphernalia allegedly found in Butch's room.

Plus the GI Joe toy head on the antler of the moose head ... Ed Warren said it looked like Ronnie DeFeo. :roll:
- Brendan72

"Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society."
- Confucius. Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:39 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:In the full video they show a bunch of "occult paraphernalia" which they claim Ronnie left in the Red Room!

Couldn't find any other parts on this video on Youtube.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Brooke Forrester » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:45 am

I didn't actually watch the video. Well, I don't know if I believe Ronnie practiced any occult activity in the red room. However, what I do believe is that the negativity in the house began with Ronnie. I just really don't believe the stories that people practiced devil worship in the red room or any other room in the house. Maybe if a ton of families had lived in it before the DeFeos, but they didn't. So that kind of seems far-fetched to me.

So if they want to suggest that Ronnie was the cause of any trouble, fine, but whether he really was into the occult, who knows.

There's been so many things suggested and brought up to be "the problem", which is why I think this story got so confusing.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:I didn't actually watch the video. Well, I don't know if I believe Ronnie practiced any occult activity in the red room. However, what I do believe is that the negativity in the house began with Ronnie. I just really don't believe the stories that people practiced devil worship in the red room or any other room in the house. Maybe if a ton of families had lived in it before the DeFeos, but they didn't. So that kind of seems far-fetched to me.

So if they want to suggest that Ronnie was the cause of any trouble, fine, but whether he really was into the occult, who knows.

There's been so many things suggested and brought up to be "the problem", which is why I think this story got so confusing.

Many people were experimenting with the occult of Ronnie Jr's and George Lutz's generation.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Brooke Forrester » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Ah, okay. Well then maybe Ronnie really did perform occult practices in there. I feel that if anyone did, it was him.

I know the books say that George didn't know anything about the occult, but that's been claimed as being untrue by his boys. I wonder why George wouldn't want to admit to having an interest/knowledge of it in the book? I just wonder what the purpose of hiding that was.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:Ah, okay. Well then maybe Ronnie really did perform occult practices in there. I feel that if anyone did, it was him.

I know the books say that George didn't know anything about the occult, but that's been claimed as being untrue by his boys. I wonder why George wouldn't want to admit to having an interest/knowledge of it in the book? I just wonder what the purpose of hiding that was.

Go admit about having an interest in the occult with your friends or the public and see what happens. You will be seen as a Satanist (at least in America). Lots of people who practice the occult are in the closet.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Matt9290 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:Ah, okay. Well then maybe Ronnie really did perform occult practices in there. I feel that if anyone did, it was him.

I'm sure George had as much interest in the occult as any average Joe of that time - no more no less... That's why Horror movies were so popular in the 1970's - people (the average Joe) loved the whole idea of it, but few believed, and those who did believe, feared it.
It was a time when Dennis Wheatley, James Herbert, Stephen King etc, all reached their heights of popularity.

What you have to ask yourself is: "Was Kathy equally versed in the occult?" AND"Would Kathy endanger her children by allowing George to practice occult rituals in a house where a whole family were murdered?"
I don't believe this for one moment!
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Matt9290 wrote:

I'm sure George had as much interest in the occult as any average Joe of that time - no more no less... That's why Horror movies were so popular in the 1970's - people (the average Joe) loved the whole idea of it, but few believed, and those who did believe, feared it.
It was a time when Dennis Wheatley, James Herbert, Stephen King etc, all reached their heights of popularity.

What you have to ask yourself is: "Was Kathy equally versed in the occult?" AND"Would Kathy endanger her children by allowing George to practice occult rituals in a house where a whole family were murdered?"

What if George and Kathy didn't know what they were doing or weren't prepared for practicing safe occult practices and got in over their heads?
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Matt9290 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
Matt9290 wrote:

What if George and Kathy didn't know what they were doing or weren't prepared for practicing and got in over their heads?

I do take your point Victoria, and safe occult practices would indeed include TM... But I struggle with the idea that Kathy and George tried calling spirits, and just find it hard to accept... Or anything even along those lines.

Maybe it's just me, but Kathy always came across as a very loving and protective mother, and I can't help but think that Kathy would have had 'alarm bells' ringing if George had even suggested such a thing.
Of course I may be wrong, I just really hope I'm not.
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Postby Jacob Sterling » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:In the full video they show a bunch of "occult paraphernalia" which they claim Ronnie left in the Red Room!

Wasn't that Ronald Senior's liquor storage in real life or something?
Sometimes I drink more than I need to, until the TV's dead and gone. I may be lonely-- but I'm never alone, and the night may pass me by, but I never cry.
~ Alice Cooper
Jacob Sterling
Don't lie to me, you bastard fornicator.

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Matt9290 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but Kathy always came across as a very loving and protective mother, and I can't help but think that Kathy would have had 'alarm bells' ringing if George had even suggested such a thing.

And what would base that on? A few film clips from the 1970's?
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Jacob Sterling » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Matt9290 wrote:I do take your point Victoria, and safe occult practices would indeed include TM...

Transcendental Meditation is a Hindu thing, though, isn't it? How is that occult? I mean, I practice Zazen meditation myself, that's not occult.
Sometimes I drink more than I need to, until the TV's dead and gone. I may be lonely-- but I'm never alone, and the night may pass me by, but I never cry.
~ Alice Cooper
Jacob Sterling
Don't lie to me, you bastard fornicator.

Postby Matt9290 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 am

Jacob Sterling wrote:
Matt9290 wrote:I do take your point Victoria, and safe occult practices would indeed include TM...

Transcendental Meditation is a Hindu thing, though, isn't it? How is that occult? I mean, I practice Zazen meditation myself, that's not occult.

occult is such a loose term that gets bandied around on here by certain people, but literally means 'unseen'. I used in relation to TM to put Victoria's claims in to some statement pf prospective.

While on the subject... No Victoria, I do not base my views on just seeing a few clips from the 70s, but on many other factors, including talking with Chris!!!
Are you trying to say Kathy wasn't protective of her kids? What do you base your claims on? :lurk:
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Postby Matt9290 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:04 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
Matt9290 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but Kathy always came across as a very loving and protective mother, and I can't help but think that Kathy would have had 'alarm bells' ringing if George had even suggested such a thing.

And what would base that on? A few film clips from the 1970's?

We've had this dance before...
http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9541&p=140615#p140615
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 am

Matt9290 wrote:
Jacob Sterling wrote:

occult is such a loose term that gets bandied around on here by certain people, but literally means 'unseen'. I used in relation to TM to put Victoria's claims in to some statement pf prospective.

While on the subject... No Victoria, I do not base my views on just seeing a few clips from the 70s, but on many other factors, including talking with Chris!!!
Are you trying to say Kathy wasn't protective of her kids? What do you base your claims on? :lurk:

Perhaps Kathy and George didn't know the level of danger they were playing with if they got involved in the occult.

Speaking of protection of the kids, remember George and Kathy used the real names of their kids in the books and magazine articles. They didn't use fake names like they did in the movies. Both Danny and Chris talk about being tormented in California after people found out that they were the Lutz children. That is one of the reasons why Chris went back to using his birth last name.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 am

Matt9290 wrote:
Jacob Sterling wrote:

Depends on who you talk to whether TM is considered the occult. Many fundamentalist Christians and Roman Catholics would consider the occult. Astrology is considered the occult by some people.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:48 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Speaking of protection of the kids, remember George and Kathy used the real names of their kids in the books and magazine articles.

The book was a mistake, but they didn't realise how huge the story was going to be.

Which magazine articles are you referring to?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion