I Still See Entities in the Photograph

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
sswusfc
Amityville Member

I Still See Entities in the Photograph

Post by sswusfc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am

I was mocked before when I posted this but I am nevertheless going to say this again: I see entities in the windows in the Newsday photograph taken of the house the day after the murders.

The link to the photograph of the house is dead, and George's website appear to be deactivated. But if you pop 112 Ocean Ave. into Google images, the very first photo you come up with is that very sam photo.

I don't remember what the medicl term for it is, but people mentioned seeing things when they are not there because you want to.

I am an Uber driver, and having made some money ferrying drunks to and from bars in Amityville one night coming home from my sister's house further out on the Island (I live in the Bronx), I have absolutely no personal interest in Amityville. I don't care if the story is true or false. I don't care if the Lutzes were or were not haunted. I find some things about the DeFeo murders puzzling, but it doesn't keep me up nights worrying about it.

I see things in the house.

In the window closest to the driveway above the enclosed porch, I see the face of a man. Middleaged, perhaps in his fifties. The top pane has his face, the botom is his vest and tie. Below that, just below the fence that is on top of the enclosed porch, the light forms a silhouette of a young boy.

In the middle set of windows on the enclosed porch, two panes down from the famous squirrel, I see what appears to be a black woman's face. She is standing sidewise. Her figure continues to the middle pane.

Just above the "h" in the sign High Hpes, I see the face of a girl or woman. It has been split by the window frame.

Four window panes to the right of the squirrel I see what appears to be frog or goblin. Grinning. To the left of that, I see what appears to be a dime store ghost decoration, complete with glowing white eyes.

Admittedly deverything I see could have a dozen mundane explanations. But again, I am not seeing things or trying to see things. I know what I see, and this is what I see.

Nat

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Re: I Still See Entities in the Photograph

Post by DC Fan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 pm

sswusfc wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am
I don't remember what the medicl term for it is, but people mentioned seeing things when they are not there because you want to.
The term is Pareidolia and it is not an accusation that you seeing things because you want to. I see these things too and accept that it is due to the mind involuntarily making a sensible perception out of what can be just random sensations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Think of seeing something as having two parts, sensation and perception. The image on the back of retina, the sensation, is two dimensional, has a hole in it and is partially blocked by blood vessels in the eyeball. The brain translates the information into a perception that is 3D and without these imperfections. It is a top-down as well as bottom-up process.

And sometimes we see things "wrong", such as a larger moon close to the horizon or the railroad tracks that meet in the distance.