Spooky faces in pics on the shattered dreams website

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Spooky faces in pics on the shattered dreams website

Post by littlemissfitz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:12 pm

Just browsing through the pics on this fanstastic website when I came across this page

http://www.shattereddreamzz.com/id16.html

Look at the second photo down on the left hand side - the one which is a side on view of the front door. Doe anyone else see 2 faces in the night sky - the one on the left looks like a large dog - the one on the right looks like Ronald Defeo senior - Creepy.......

I'm sure I see the faces........Either that or i'm going slightly nuts.........

Stropster
Amityville Addict

Post by Stropster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:21 pm

You've got better eye sight than me mate!!! I can make something out on the tep right window but can't make out Ronnie sr. It's strange you know, nearly every photo of the house has some sort of image, reflection or something of it but it's normaly put down to the trees reflection or something but in this case - it's dark and there was no trees in the backyard - this window looked out onto the swimming pool and was Missy Lutz's room.
" Are you OK? You look terrible, hope ur not coming down with somfin!"

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:27 pm

I don't mean in the window - in the trees/sky - the second photo down - the left top side of the photo in the tree branches/sky- I just looked again - i can see them quite clearly

Stropster
Amityville Addict

Post by Stropster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:29 pm

Oh ...Der! sorry - Yeah I see now, eerie!!! I'm still hooked on the thing on the first shot (view of the back of the house) top left window ...can u make out what it is???

Stropster
Amityville Addict

Post by Stropster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:31 pm

Out of interest and my earlier post - Was it the Defoes ?? What's you views Little Miss...I'd be interested in hearing them. Cheers, Strops

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:34 pm

Dunno - air conditioner maybe or window blind - anyways look under the sun umbrella on he back patio - looks like a little boy underneath looking at the camera - its true about the minds eye constantly forming faces in random patterns....the more you look, the more you see....

Stropster
Amityville Addict

Post by Stropster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:41 pm

Whoa yeah! Like a disembodied head, looks like the dude off the gostboy picture!!!

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:41 pm

I see both images. The face is a bit clearer to me than the dog is.

Yes, it does seem that things often pop up in Amityville house pics.

Sure, one can say, "well it is natural for us to try to see faces or recognizable shapes in things," OK, I grant you that.

BUT! Does it seem to anybody else that this seems to happen more frequently around this house than other (unrelated) photos? Or is it just because we look at more photos of the house on this website?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 pm

Look at the uppermost pic of the house on the whole page. It's a side view of the house?

Now, look in the uppermost window. Anyone see what I see?

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:48 pm

Stropster wrote:Out of interest and my earlier post - Was it the Defoes ?? What's you views Little Miss...I'd be interested in hearing them. Cheers, Strops
Mmmmm...I DO believe something was there when George & Kathy was there.....The DeFeo's certainly sounded like a real dysfunctional family - lots of arguments, anger, hatred, suppressed energy that didn't dissipate maybe - I don't know that much about what causes hauntings but I think that 6 people being murdererd in their sleep could perhaps lead to spirit energy 'being stuck' in this world - they perhaps cannot move on

I think tho that something evil was there before - the statues around the garden & religious stuff that Ronnie Snr kept around suggests the family 'felt' something there - maybe it stirred things up emotionally so the family were at loggerheads - maybe it fed off their negative energy

i think the hauntings were a combination of residual energy left from the DeFeo's and an older, stronger force that will probably never go away completely - I think George & Kathy just happened to be 'open' to it - others perhaps wouldnt be which may explain why no one else has experienced anything

littlemissfitz
Mother of TWO horrors

Post by littlemissfitz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:52 pm

persephone wrote:Look at the uppermost pic of the house on the whole page. It's a side view of the house?

I cant see anything clearly but I do see a light - strange position for it to be though - if there was a light on in the room the whole window would be lit up - what do you see persephone??

Stropster
Amityville Addict

Post by Stropster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:52 pm

That's the shot I'm blithering on about Persephone, I am seeing a face in the top window and a figure (can't make out what) in the 2nd floors right hand side window (Missy Lut'z soon to be bedroom).

I have seen quite a few piccies where I have seen things in the windows, like the bearded face in a window in a thread on this forum a few weeks ago - I am not normally good at the trick of the eye puzzles etc so am suprised I make stuff out but you are right might just be our imaginations because of the subject matter we are looking at.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:56 pm

littlemissfitz wrote:
persephone wrote:Look at the uppermost pic of the house on the whole page. It's a side view of the house?

I cant see anything clearly but I do see a light - strange position for it to be though - if there was a light on in the room the whole window would be lit up - what do you see persephone??
Same thing you're seeing, I can't make it out either, but it seems very odd (to not illuminate the rest of the room). It does seem to be a shape of some type. Wish I could zoom without losing integrity ....

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:00 pm

Stropster wrote:That's the shot I'm blithering on about Persephone, I am seeing a face in the top window and a figure (can't make out what) in the 2nd floors right hand side window (Missy Lut'z soon to be bedroom).
I see it too.

My point is I do feel that I see more 'things' in pics of that house and anomalies too ... than other pics of supposedly haunted locations.

BTW, Welcome, Stroppy!!

Stropster
Amityville Addict

Post by Stropster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:08 pm

Cheers !! The more I look the more I see - It looks like a screaming grey face and a hand on the top picures 2nd floor RH window - I know I sound freaky put thtat's what I see.

Demoneyes
Amityville Member

Post by Demoneyes » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:33 pm

I see some white mist in one of the pics of the staircase .

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Hmmm.

Post by zzvampy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:38 pm

Although I never noticed anything unusual while uploading that pic. to the site, I can see now where you might be seeing various faces. Probably nothing more than the aging photos, but fun in a creepy kinda way. Here's another, in the very same pic. to ponder, can you see it ? :shock:

tedbot
not the face!

Post by tedbot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:52 pm

looks like the reflection of the box outside the door.
That's the thing with pics of the house, you can always find something freaky if you look hard enough, but usually it's just pixelization or some reflection, but you're right, it is cool in a creepy kinda way!
Are you looking at me?

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:54 pm

I spotted that same one yesterday ZZ! BTW, thanks for hosting such a sweet site. :D

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:58 pm

Lol ted, I hear ya and it's fun to try to make out some of the odd reflections! Never know!

Leather, you are more than welcome. I'm so glad that you all enjoy the site :)

tedbot
not the face!

Post by tedbot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:02 pm

ZZ! BTW, thanks for hosting such a sweet site.
No kidding! It is as far as I'm concerned pretty much the definitive word on the entire ordeal. Absolutely awesome site. And having the in search of vid and the city confidential (out of sync and all :P ) is pretty awesome! I visit the site daily.
Are you looking at me?