investigation caps

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:17 pm

These screen caps were lifted from my website.

I used several different programs to screengrab as well as enhance the darkened areas.

What you are seeing is nothing more than *my* poor abilities of converting the DVD version to an .avi format of the History's Mysteries Doc.

:roll:

Secrets
Do Angels Talk?

Post by Secrets » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:17 am

zzvampy wrote:These screen caps were lifted from my website.

I used several different programs to screengrab as well as enhance the darkened areas.

What you are seeing is nothing more than *my* poor abilities of converting the DVD version to an .avi format of the History's Mysteries Doc.

:roll:
Sorry, but I did the screengrabs myself using PowerDVD. Take a look at the difference in quality. They are not enhanced in any way.....

It is Tim Yancey that pointed out the thing about the cameraman having "three hands".

Tim Yancey:

"One of the other time-lapse photographs taken from this exact same place shows many unusual anomolies as well. At one point, you can see a news crew filming on the landing... a reporter stand there with a microphone, and a camera man is holding a fairly large camera on his shoulder. the unusual thing about this photograph is that the cameraman has THREE hands holding the camera.... I've never been able to explain that particular photograph, which for me is almost as disturbing as the ghost boy photograph."

dalnkel
Amityville Addict

Post by dalnkel » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:56 am

i can see 3 hands holding the camara as soon as tim said about it i look at the pic and saw it straight away

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:46 pm

insane veggies wrote:its not three hands if you look at the documentry that has glimpses of the ghost boy pic you will see a picture hanging onb the wall of the same hallway, its this pic i think is being mistaken for an extra hand, but if you look close you can even see the frame of the picture.

I agree :?

Secrets
Do Angels Talk?

Post by Secrets » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:31 pm

LukesmyBoy wrote:
insane veggies wrote:its not three hands if you look at the documentry that has glimpses of the ghost boy pic you will see a picture hanging onb the wall of the same hallway, its this pic i think is being mistaken for an extra hand, but if you look close you can even see the frame of the picture.

I agree :?

Looks like he is standing in front of the closet doors to me........

The picture should be behind the guy holding the flashlight.

dalnkel
Amityville Addict

Post by dalnkel » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:23 pm

yes he is over to far to the right to be the picture behind him the picture would be befind the other man holding the light

ROYM2
Amityville Member

Photo

Post by ROYM2 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:29 pm

The lady looks creepy, like she's possessed or something geesh. J/K, but you definitely see something in those photos.

CMR
Amityville Member

Post by CMR » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:35 am

hmmm maybe its my 5:30am dilereum hahah see i cant even spell hahahah playing tricks on my eyes but in that picture where the face in the door is circled the first thing i noticed when looking at that picture in its entirity (mind my spelling hahah) was the face or figure if you will just below that face in the railing posts itself..I dont know how to copy an image and circle it but its just under and slightly to the right of the circled face and it appears as a shadow on teh railing...Let me know if you see this too..I think it looks like a much clearer face then the circled one as it is what i first looked at when I saw the picture..

Let me know..maybe im seein things hahaha but I do see the circled face not until the circled picture though.
Trust No One, But Suspect Everyone!!

Earthbound
Angel in Chains

Re: investigation caps

Post by Earthbound » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:17 pm

dalnkel wrote:look at this picture it was taken when the warens went in

look closely at the door way can you see any thing?
this is the same door way where the ghost boy was caped

Okay, I'm new here, but I'm going to put my two cents worth in. Other than the third hand, everyone seems to be missing the obvious. It seems way to opaque to be a regular shadow, even to the point where it blocks out the bannister. Just my thoughts, but the shadow seems unnatural to me.

Earthbound
Stolen.
Cast out with no thought.
One moment there,
the space of a breath,
and then gone;
completely, irreversably.
Gone.
A shooting star
blazing too brief
across the night sky.
So precious, that spark;
A blinding light
in the deep well
of soul.
Farewell.

Wildchild
Amityville Member

Post by Wildchild » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:02 am

Exactly right. Also their is nothing disturbing about this picture at all i dont think, and i deffo cant see anything worth saying something is their when clearly... their just isnt in my opinion.

Jungleboogie
Possessed Since Birth

Post by Jungleboogie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:41 am

anyone know a bgood optometrist? I cant see a
damn thinbg :?
[color=green]Fly away,
Leave today,
Return in splendour.[/color]

thecount
Amityville Addict

Something only I see?

Post by thecount » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:35 am

:shock: I can see an evil-looking face behind the "bars" only a little bit lower than where the staircase-boy was. You can clearly see a head shape with eyes, nose, cheeks. I'm scaring myself here! Please tell me if you can see it too!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/ ... tyface.jpg
-Death is a final for only the living, the spirit will always remain.

TIA
Amityville Addict

Re: Something only I see?

Post by TIA » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:19 am

thecount wrote: Please tell me if you can see it too!
Not at first, but then I played with it in paintshop and by reducing the contrast I could see it, I think.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

Clockwork
Amityville Member

Post by Clockwork » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:03 am

I can see what appears to be the "ghost boy"..
Come and play with us Danny..

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:55 am

I don’t see anything by the stairs. I think that sometimes people just look into the pictures way too much and then their mind creates images. I think its just there, because you want to see it. In my opinion , that can be said for majority of the pics that people claim to see something.

r6inct
Amityville Member

Re: Something only I see?

Post by r6inct » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:34 am

thecount wrote::shock: I can see an evil-looking face behind the "bars" only a little bit lower than where the staircase-boy was. You can clearly see a head shape with eyes, nose, cheeks. I'm scaring myself here! Please tell me if you can see it too!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/ ... tyface.jpg
I usually don't see anything in these photos and have no idea how to do a screencap but I do see a little something, most likely a light anomoly to the lower right of the section you circled.

tourmaline
Amityville Member

Post by tourmaline » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:32 pm

You know, that is really creepy. If I had to bet, I'd air on the side of caution and say that it is just a trick of the light and matrixing and all that, but I have to say, that is really weird. It DOES look like a face in high relief - you can even make out the curvature of the jaw...it *possibly *even looks like the back of the head continues so you can see it to the left on the other side of the railing a little bit (and part of an ear?). Weird. To me it looks like a bit like Mark deFeo, but like I said, it's probably a trick of the light.. Thoughts anyone?

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:08 pm

The above picture did look like ghost-boy at first, but then it turned into a really freaked-out monkey. :/

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 pm

bump This is a interesting thread. But i've noticed Dan never gave his opinion on this. I've also noticed that some of the things are just the camera. opinions?
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Sometimes I feel that I comment too often, which might cause others to not chime-in with their
own opinions. So sometimes I hold back and wait for other remarks. Unfortunately, I often then
forget about the thread, especially if no one else replies...

As to the original post, I don't see what dalnkel does. I think what she may be seeing is caused
by the low quality of the screen cap, which may be due to the low quality of the source video or
whatever. Or maybe certain artifacts created when the doc was compressed to DVD. In any
case, I don't see anything, and I'm not a believer in seeing demon faces in photos. I think that's
all due to pareidolia -- the brain attempting to see familiar objects in random patterns, like seeing
objects in clouds.

As for the "third hand," I think there could be a rational explanation, but I don't know what it
might be. It's clear that the cameraman's left hand is on the lens and his right hand is gripping a
handle. Then there is something which looks like it could be a hand possibly fiddling with some
control knob on the side of the camera.

At first I thought the same as LDG (that it was a reflection from the lion painting), but as Secrets
showed, that painting is between Laura and the guy holding the light, not behind the cameraman.

It's not blurry, so that seems to rule out the cameraman moving his hand really quickly (making it
only appear that his hand is in two places).

I don't know, but I don't feel comfortable leaping to the conclusion that it is a third hand.

tourmaline
Amityville Member

Post by tourmaline » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 am

Hmmm...I don't normally buy into seeing things in low quality pictures, BUT...it seems like I can see a perfectly shaped eye - complete with iris - inside the area I've circled to the left of Laura Didio. Thoughts?