Chills.

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 pm

When its mirrored like that, then yeah, it kinda resembles a face. A distorted face that kinda looks as if it were made for a computer game.

But even knowing what I'm supposed to be seeing, I still don't see it as anything human or possibly human or anything else but a piece of clothing hanging in the closet.

Maybe you guys have a better imagination than me. I dunno...

Amityfan 64
Kenan Albert Is Not Thompson

Post by Amityfan 64 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 am

did it really take you guys that long to see the face? Anyways I think when they were shot they got out of their bodys (kinda like the movie Ghost) and she (Allison?) hid in the closet from the investigators... :shock:
[img]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/ubeans2001/300px-King_of_the_Hill_alley.jpg[/img]

Nightshade
Amityville Member

Post by Nightshade » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 pm

What's ood about this picture of Dawn's room / Cirme Scene Photo is that clearly the room is lit, the photographers might be takeing flash photos...

So why is round miirror completely blank, black and no reflection of anything..

That's bit odd.. Being a photographer I've never have had that happen.

Nightshade

zzvampy wrote:
preciousholly wrote:Why does the face look like it's in a square frame? did you do that ZZ so we could see it better or am I missin something. ?
Heyaz Holly,

I didn't add anything to this photo at all, and I'm not sure what the black frame actually is.

Here's the actual un-cropped photo taken during the Crime Scene investigation:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:53 pm

It could be reflecting the back of that chair.

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Re: Chills.

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 am

I saw in the closet what looked to be the butt of a rifle leaning against the door jamb of closet (like the barrel was resting on the floor). I saw no ghostly face or anything. I guess it could be a picture frame, though. I must look again.

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Re:

Post by # 13 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:It could be reflecting the back of that chair.
Good point. Notice the silver strip on the back of the chair shows up in the mirror?

However, the mirror is slightly higher than the chair which makes me think that the mirror would reflect something beyond the chair. The problem is that we don't know what is beyond the chair and what angle the mirror is at.
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Re:

Post by # 13 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Nightshade wrote:What's ood about this picture of Dawn's room / Cirme Scene Photo is that clearly the room is lit, the photographers might be takeing flash photos...

Nightshade
Hey There, a question

Since you are a photographer, how would the reflection of the mirror shine a circular light on the wall like that from the angle that the picture was taken. Wouldn't it just be a shadow? I'm just curious as to your thoughts.

Cool user name BTW!!! "Nightshade".
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

shane2801
Amityville Addict

Post by shane2801 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 am

ZZ,

You are really reaching here. It's nothing at all.

darksea13
Amityville Member

Re: Re:

Post by darksea13 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:29 pm

# 13 wrote:
Nightshade wrote:What's ood about this picture of Dawn's room / Cirme Scene Photo is that clearly the room is lit, the photographers might be takeing flash photos...

Nightshade
Hey There, a question

Since you are a photographer, how would the reflection of the mirror shine a circular light on the wall like that from the angle that the picture was taken. Wouldn't it just be a shadow? I'm just curious as to your thoughts.

Cool user name BTW!!! "Nightshade".
Really? The mirror is reflecting the chair. It's double sided and the other side is reflecting any light hitting it, from the wallpaper itself probably, back onto the foil wallpaper.

surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Post by surferguy72 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I dont know what to make of it .Looks like a reflection of some sort.

High Hopes
High Hopes on Ocean Avenue

Post by High Hopes » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 pm

People just see what they want to see in these pics. Any pic taken of or in the house people just think they see something. If the door was open just alittle further you would see what this so called mystery image is. One thing i do know its not Dawn or any of the DeFeo's. Its just something hanging in the closet. No faces, No demons. :roll:
"The wheel locked" I'd blame Detorit, a lot faster than I would the Devil!

Sh33na
Amityville Member

Post by Sh33na » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 am

This is taken from the crime scene correct? Is it not possible that whatever it is hanging in the closet is a mirror, or something that could capture a reflection?? And its the reflection of Dawns face??? Or perhaps a reflection of a picture hanging in the room??? Photography wasn't as clear and crisp back then as it is now... so it could be a bit distorted, making it look more ghostly... also as a paranormal investigator.. I know from first hand experience that when people smoke on investigations, while taking pictures... you get all kinds of weird looking crap.. if you want to see a face in the smoke.. you'll make one... is it possible the the detectives could have been smoking, and it ironically took on this shape?? I dunno.. just some food for thought.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Pretty creepy pic. To me, it looks a bit like part of this face.....
"You told me the house was saved now."

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks for tonight's nightmare Marty!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Mark Kwan
Ape shall never kill ape

Post by Mark Kwan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 pm

As usual, you're a day late and a dollar short (and definitely NOT funny). :roll:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/r3load-webshow

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:20 am

Dear all,

This is my opinion, please read and comment.

Yes, there is maybe like something that looks like "eyes & face" but tell me, when have we started to see that kind of faces ("The Exorcist" kind of) ?

Since "The Exorcist" movie only ? Then that kind of face has been used in many movies (including this awful 2005 "The Amityville Horror" remake).

Did you see faces like that in the great movie "The Haunting" by Robert Wise ? ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057129/ ) or in the great "The Innocents" by Jack Clayton ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055018/ ) ?

They are about haunted places & demons but they were not using & showing ugly damaged faces like in "The Exorcist".

My point is : You see, in this picture above, this kind of face & eyes because you saw this look before in some movies. Somebody who never saw these movies would tell you that it is maybe the reflection of some hanged clothes but since you saw that kind of ugly & damaged faces in more recent movies, it reminds you of them.

Don't be fooled by your imagination. If demons really wanted to scare you, they would take a shape knowing it's the kind of shape that scares & surprises you and they wouln't certainly use something you already saw or don't believe in but rather something you maybe couldn't even imagine or conceive so it would scare you much more. Or use a shape of somebody you personally knew who is gone.

Give me your opinion please.

Have a nice day :idea:
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:32 am

Mark Kwan wrote:As usual, you're a day late and a dollar short (and definitely NOT funny). :roll:
If your talking to me, I posted that pic 59 minutes after Billycigars made his comment, hardly a day late. As far as funny goes, not all of us can look in the mirror for a laugh. :P

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:Give me your opinion please.
I thought Reg was joking. Isn't he?

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Yes, I was mostly joking with the Exorcist picture.

I am sure what we are seeing in this picture is really nothing, probably just part of a really ugly shirt or something.
"You told me the house was saved now."

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Looks to me like a clear vinyl/plastic handbag of sorts, hanging on the back of the closet door. What we're seeing is a blouse or something thru whatever is hanging on the back of the door, making it look odd and somewhat like a face. Or it's something else....?