Chills.

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
NeoLithium
Amityville Member

Post by NeoLithium » Tue May 30, 2006 8:55 pm

While it looks somewhat interesting while cropped, when the whole photograph is shown, it simply looks like the akward hanging of some clothing in the closet.

As much as most people see an eye or anything else, the first few posts that state "I don't see anything" quickly shows how easily things can be misconstrued. Don't get me wrong; I wholeheartedly believe something occured at Amityville that was not fully investigated; but as to whether the whole Lutz story is true or not....that still remains to be seen.

One easy example I've accomplished the whole phenomenon of suggestive sight. is posting a picture of a haunted house, cropped, much like the closet photo, zoomed in with simply the information "THIS IS NOT CROPPED, CAN YOU BELIVE YOU SEE THIS!?" Nearly within 1 hour, 200 replies come in seeing Demons, Spirits, God, Mary, what have you, meanwhile in reality, it's zoomed in on a piece of siding which, no matter how you analyze it, is still a piece of damned siding.

A final thought, is, I find it VERY, and extemely unlikely, under any circumstances, demonology or otherwise, any reason to substantiate George Lutz' claim that the photograph makes it's own images hard to see, and different for every person on purpose. It's a simple resonation of the human psyche, which cannot be igonored or undone; and as much demonology as I have studied, real or otherwise, there has NEVER been a case of a demonic entity flowing through cyberspace to alter someone's damned copy of Adobe Photoshop; I'm pretty sure Satan has some better things to do than screw with someone's computer.

Regards,
Dr. J.A. Beerwart,
Winnipeg

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Tue May 30, 2006 9:38 pm

I find it VERY, and extemely unlikely, under any circumstances, demonology or otherwise, any reason to substantiate George Lutz' claim that the photograph makes it's own images hard to see, and different for every person on purpose
Reference for Mr. Lutz stating this please?

TIA :D

b_mer_2
Amityville Member

Post by b_mer_2 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:04 am

sorry but I don't see anything creepy. the face you are talking about looks like a photo in a frame. nothing creepy here. sorry

Duderun
Amityville Member

Post by Duderun » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:52 pm

This is called matrixing, nifty little article about it here.....
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-soci ... rixing.htm
We often times see what we want to see. This is not to discount the events that occured in the house by any means. My deepest respects to the Lutz family for having endured it. You will be missed George. I believe you!!!!
Don't beleive everything that you breathe.

Living Dead Girl
Zombie Sushi in the Pond of Life
Location: Bates Motel-4019 highway 113 Fairvale County California,

Post by Living Dead Girl » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:35 pm

ok, um what abot the defeos? i mean didnt they go throught alot to? *voice drips with scarchasam*(sp?) im sorry your statement just totally hit me funny, im laughing now,ok, i need to shut up now before i make an ass of myself. :roll:
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/invisigoth_/Banners/madebysyd.jpg[/img]

Duderun
Amityville Member

Post by Duderun » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:17 pm

Well not to short-change the tragedy that befell the Defeo's, but aside from the possessed loony rotting in prison, the Defeo's have gone to meet their maker. Or have they? :shock: (insert creepy music here). It's difficult for me to sympathise with them, as i've never been shot in the head while sleeping. The Lutz family, however, if we are to beleive the stories, are scarred for life for what they endured. I grew up in an "active" house my uncle commited suicide in. Living with the constant barrage of all kinds of paranormal activity, it's easier for me to sympathise with the Lutz's.

Living Dead Girl
Zombie Sushi in the Pond of Life
Location: Bates Motel-4019 highway 113 Fairvale County California,

Post by Living Dead Girl » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:22 pm

ok, i in no way intended to be mean, but your last post kinda made me giggle, "as ive never been shot in the head while sleeping." god i need my prozac. lol.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/invisigoth_/Banners/madebysyd.jpg[/img]

Duderun
Amityville Member

Post by Duderun » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:24 pm

:D

redgoatee
Amityville Member

Post by redgoatee » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:04 pm

I have a question about that gold circle behind the mirror. What is that? is it part of the wall paper? or is it a reflection from the flash off of the camera? and if it IS the reflection off the camera, then, something is really messed up, because the mirror is facing into the room, not toward the wall. any ideas?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:36 pm

redgoatee wrote:I have a question about that gold circle behind the mirror. What is that? is it part of the wall paper? or is it a reflection from the flash off of the camera? and if it IS the reflection off the camera, then, something is really messed up, because the mirror is facing into the room, not toward the wall. any ideas?
90% of the time, a mirror like that has two sides: the mirror on one side is a regular mirror, the mirror on the other side is a magnifying mirror. I have two such mirrors, each of which dates back to the 50's -- 60's. I'm certain the lightened circle on the wallpaper is simply the other side of the mirror reflecting towards the wall.

However!

Like a few others have noted in this thread: While I do see what Krissy is pointing out, the face at the TOP of the closet freaks me out a little more than the other face. I can see hair/hairline, two eyes, a nose, all distinctly; it also appears to be slightly shaded blue.

NeoLithium wrote:as much demonology as I have studied, real or otherwise, there has NEVER been a case of a demonic entity flowing through cyberspace to alter someone's damned copy of Adobe Photoshop; I'm pretty sure Satan has some better things to do than screw with someone's computer.

Regards,
Dr. J.A. Beerwart,
Winnipeg
That's a broad statement, and I don't find you qualified to utter such an absolute, sorry. This strongly suggests you're not open-minded enough to grasp the fact that both demonic entities *and* spirits are able to affect electronic mediums in various ways, be it audio recordings (both analog and digital), videotape, and just about anything else that involves an electrical current.

I don't care how well-educated you are nor your origin of edification: You have no way of defending your claim that something of this type has "NEVER" occurred. Even if you were an expert of demonology -- which you obviously are not -- you *still* can't state in absolutes that something doesn't exist just because you have not personally witnessed evidence of such. Excuse me, but that's just preposterous.

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi red and welcome to the forums!

I think I can answer your question, or at least present my own idea on what you are seeing.

It appears to me that the wallpaper is made of a gold foil-like material and has reflective qualities.

If you look closely, you can see the reflection of the stand in which the mirror is sitting upon as well the post to the mirror itself.

The circle appears brighter , probably because the backside of the mirror is also a mirror. ( and although I cannot say for certain of this particular mirror, most mirrors of this type are magnified on one side ) Combined with the reflected qualities of the wallpaper, this could be an explanation.

Also, it would depend on where the light source was originating. ie: overhead light, table lamp, etc...

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:46 pm

And I see Becky and I are thinking alike this evening! :lol:

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:53 pm

zzvampy wrote:And I see Becky and I are thinking alike this evening! :lol:
LOL Krissy I was just about to post: "Gee I wish I'd thought of that."

lol

redgoatee
Amityville Member

Post by redgoatee » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:14 am

works for me, thanks :)

LAB RAT
Amityville Member

Post by LAB RAT » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:02 pm

I studied the part in question and it appears to me that it could be part of
a patern on a piece of fabric? or not? :)
NES DESIT VIRTUS

Jungleboogie
Possessed Since Birth

Post by Jungleboogie » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:45 pm

Dang, I don't see a thing.....are my eyes broken?
[color=green]Fly away,
Leave today,
Return in splendour.[/color]

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:57 am

Your eyes aren't broken boogie......you have the wings from the bumble bee suit covering them. . . . . :lol:
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

shattered thoughts
Amityville Member

Post by shattered thoughts » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:11 pm

Wow, It truely looks like the side profile of a face and you can clearly see an eye in the black netlike thingy... :?

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:47 am

I've only just seen that.

:shock:
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:40 am

I just see what appears a cupboard housing the usual day to day clutter one keeps in such places.

How sad to see Dawn's bags and shoes just waiting there, never to be used again.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

Bobby Darko
Amityville Member

Re: woah!

Post by Bobby Darko » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:23 pm

insane veggies wrote:ok, this pic gave me a really creppy vibe, and im not saying i saw anything n the pic at all but what is apparent to my eyes, but somethign about the pic gave me the chills! i mean before i even saw it all the way or scrolled down i was dredding what was going to be on it. oh, and to post a pic on here go to photobucket and make an account then copy the code that will come up after you load you pic and paste it on here.~ (am i the only one that felt that way?

Me too but then again i never been in this section of the forum so i've been looking at all these creepy pictures for about a half hour or more.

Funny, it's the pictures where i don't notice anything to be mose eerie to me because someone is telling me to see something in which i don't so i try harder and harder to find it and the longer i look at some of the pics the more creeped out i get.