Chills.

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
jbpromo
Amityville Member

raincoat?

Post by jbpromo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:05 pm

Looks to me like a raincoat hanging off the inside of the closet door or one of those plastic muti-pair of shoes holders. Given Dawn being portrayed as a clothes and girlish person, I would expect to see her be organized in that sort of manner

ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Post by ToxiMoron » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:20 pm

I see it all except what's supposed to be in the wallpaper. And what's even more creepy is, the eye in the black frame seems white, as if dead/glazed over. :shock:
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/MRTODDSTER/HotChixSig.jpg[/img]

amanda_B_87
Amityville Member

Re: Chills.

Post by amanda_B_87 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:29 pm

zzvampy wrote:Okay people.

I thought twice about posting this, for several reasons, however I must say this is truly one of the - if not THE - eeriest photos I have EVER seen and I would like your feedback please.

Just a few minutes ago, I shared this photo with a friend ...this person immediately saw what I was seeing without me even saying a word.

I'm not going to go into alot of detail here. I'll simply say that the photo below is a cropped version of Dawn DeFeo's room. It has NOT been altered in any way with the exception of the added text.

I see it...but I am pretty sure it's just everyone's imagination. I REALLY don't believe that the place was haunted BEFORE or AFTER the murders. Just an excuse.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Bump...

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 pm

I guess I'm at a loss on this one.....I was almost waiting for something to pop out because I don't see anything (yet).
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

MuyHippie
Amityville Addict

Post by MuyHippie » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:03 pm

BillyCigars wrote:I guess I'm at a loss on this one.....I was almost waiting for something to pop out because I don't see anything (yet).
I feel you on that, man - I've been staring at the picture for the past day or so and have yet to see what everyone else is seeing...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Obladioblada/ZombieSupperSig.jpg[/img]

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Amityville Ghostbuster
Undertaker's Mistress

Post by Amityville Ghostbuster » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:16 am

I've tried but cannot see anything ghostly mentioned.
Driving a Hearse Rocks!!!

Mickey81
Amityville Member

Post by Mickey81 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:48 pm

I magnified this pic as much as could without it getting blurry and there's nothing there. Whatever that black square thing is...it looks like some wire mesh...the only thing I see on the other side of it is the pattern of the dress or blouse that's hanging there. Sorry.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:25 pm

Mickey81 wrote:I magnified this pic as much as could without it getting blurry and there's nothing there. Whatever that black square thing is...it looks like some wire mesh...the only thing I see on the other side of it is the pattern of the dress or blouse that's hanging there. Sorry.
Hi Mickey! Welcome to the AT board, glad to have you! And please, don't apologize because you don't see a certain thing in a picture. We all see different things, and all viewpoints are welcome here :D
"I'm gonna tell you straight up. I didn't care who they blamed as long as it wasn't me. I mean, that's the bottom line. I did not care. I didn't care then and I don't care now." - Ronald DeFeo Jr. interview for "First Person Killers"

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:33 am

I think this belongs in the EVIL DEAD thread
msmart112 wrote:Image

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:57 am

Is there anyway the middle pic of Dawn can be posted without the watermark, for lack of a better word? I remember this pic from the initial Newsday coverage as it was accompanied by one of Allison's school pic.

Also, not for nothing, but Dawn was very pretty and I can only imagine she would have grown into her own and that of a beautiful woman. That's just another aspect of this crime...what could and SHOULD have been....

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:23 am

devilbustedinct wrote:I think this belongs in the EVIL DEAD thread
:lol:

Mickey81
Amityville Member

Post by Mickey81 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Mickey! Welcome to the AT board, glad to have you! And please, don't apologize because you don't see a certain thing in a picture. We all see different things, and all viewpoints are welcome here

Thank you! I joined because yesterday I saw a show called The Unexplained about the Amytiville Horror where they interviewed the Lutz's and wondered if anyone else was fasinated by it. I guess a lot of people still are lol. I'm looking forward to exploring the whole board.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi Mickey, which channel did The Unexplained air on?

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Biography, Sherb.... :)
Im not little, Im funsize!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Yeah, that episode of "The Unexplained" is in reality an episode of "History's Mysteries," made for the History Channel.

What you saw yesterday, mickey, was part one of a 2-part program they did on the murders, haunting and the whole "was it a hoax" argument.

It is, perhaps, the best documentary done to date of the Amityville Horror. Its usually repeated on the History Channel 2 or 3 times per year - watch the "TV Alert" thread to find out when it airs again...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Ah, thanks!

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Ah, thanks!
:) ur welcome!
Im not little, Im funsize!

Littlechinagirl
Amityville Addict

Post by Littlechinagirl » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:34 pm

I see what ZZ was trying to point out. It is rather creepy and OF COURSE it has to be IN THE CLOSET...great just one more reason to make sure my closet door is closed all the way before I go to bed. Oh, and the frame thingy in the pic appears to be a wire hanger.
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/littlechinagirl/ChinaWelcome.gif[/img]

astonio
Resident

Post by astonio » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:54 am

You know, it took me a couple of times, but I finally did see what Krissy pointed out. Could this be a case: portents of things to come, posted near us at or about the time we will pass? I mean, I don't necessarily subscribe to the accepted definition of 'ghosts' because they have entered an elevated plane and I think they're 'way' is beyond our comprehension, thus, often invoking fear. But I wonder if there are signs around us that indicate we will be leaving shortly, i.e., the "way" in which the object is seen from the closet....DOES look eerily like Dawn's portrait and also 'glazed over...dead appearing...AND found in her room, the place where she passed.

Oooh! It's freaking sunny and bright outside my office window and that gave me the heebies jeebies!!!