some things to consider when scrutinizing paranormal photos

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
shay73
Amityville Member

some things to consider when scrutinizing paranormal photos

Post by shay73 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:15 am

here is a few articles on mistaking "things" in photos as ghosts or entities.

on orbs, vortices, mists, and apparitions
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-soci ... index.html

on matrixing (faces, etc.)
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-soci ... rixing.htm

As a paranormal believer, I do believe that the Amityville house is haunted...as a professional photographer, I know film and I know digital imaging...I know that alot of people see things in these pictures and believe they see ghosts or orbs. The links to these 2 articles will help in learning to analyze these photos and be able to tell the difference between a real orb and waterspots or dust, a vortice and a camera strap, or matrixing and a real apparition.

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:56 pm

A lot of the pics Ive seen where people point out the orbs and say that its a ghost or w.e I try to explaine that most of the time its just dust. On my myspace theres a picture of me with these so called orbs around me, but I def know they are dust and not anything out of the ordinary. I think people sometimes just like to point things out and say its supernatural,because they want to believe that something is really there when is reality its nothing. Some also just have an overactive imagination.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:40 pm

Thanks for those links, Shay.

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:51 pm

Neat! That is a cool link.
"HOT DAMN! I'm a COUNTRY HAM!"

Bobby Darko
Amityville Member

Post by Bobby Darko » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:09 pm

OldSoul70 wrote:A lot of the pics Ive seen where people point out the orbs and say that its a ghost or w.e I try to explaine that most of the time its just dust. On my myspace theres a picture of me with these so called orbs around me, but I def know they are dust and not anything out of the ordinary. I think people sometimes just like to point things out and say its supernatural,because they want to believe that something is really there when is reality its nothing. Some also just have an overactive imagination.
That's the same way i feel. I really want to believe myself but unless it's insanely obvious to be an apparition or manifestation of some sort it's hard to believe.

Thanks for the links.

snifn
Amityville Addict

Post by snifn » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:46 pm

OldSoul70 wrote:A lot of the pics Ive seen where people point out the orbs and say that its a ghost or w.e I try to explaine that most of the time its just dust. On my myspace theres a picture of me with these so called orbs around me, but I def know they are dust and not anything out of the ordinary. I think people sometimes just like to point things out and say its supernatural,because they want to believe that something is really there when is reality its nothing. Some also just have an overactive imagination.
I have just noticed that with alot of the photos that people are posting here that claim to be "eerie" and what not, alot of them are out of focus or noticeably double exposed. Like the LARGE photo of the home claiming it glows....the part circled is part of a tree branch with leaves. And the photo 2 posts up with the fireplace(the one of the white fireplace...not the pic with the burnt in images), it is double exposed photo...cause why would there be a pic of a heating vent or radiator in front of the fireplace? I am sure if I took a pic of my house and the camera was moving or I made it slightly out of focus, I could post it on here and people would see "ghosts" in my windows too......just my two cents
"An army of pigs try to silence my style..off 'em all out that box it's my radio dial"