Amityville Murder website photo's

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Amityville Murder website photo's

Post by OldSoul70 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:35 pm

I was just looking at some pictures on the amityvill murder website, and a few pictures say that they were taken prior to the murders and that they are from Geraldines private photo collection. Now I know we have talked about her before, but has anyone ever wondered why the hell she would have random pictures of someone else's house, and of every angle?
I mean does anyone really believe that they were taken before everything happened? I just get this feeling that they were taken after and that anyone who believes her is nieve. And im sorry of this same topic is elsewhere, but I didnt find anything.

Amityville chick
Amityville Member

Post by Amityville chick » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:39 pm

[/quote]a few pictures say that they were taken prior to the murders and that they are from Geraldines private photo collection.[quote]

Now correct me here if im wrong. But in a letter Ronald wrote he said that he met Geraldine in 1985 while he was incarcerated. Which would mean she didnt know the Defeo's before the murders.
Meaning those photos couldnt of been taken by her prior to the murders. Unless she stole them from one of the Defeo's photo albums or something like that. But i dont really know, but I dont believe anyword that comes out of Geraldine Gates. :?

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:36 am

There is absolutely no evidence that GG ever met RJD prior to the murders let alone married the man! The whole marriage/baby story was a complete fabrication (now admitted by RJD); many 'friends' attested to the couple's seventies relationship and have since retracted.

When the DeFeo family lived at the house, the buildings themselves and the grounds surrounding it looked immaculate. In the photographs attributed to GG's 'private collection,' the pool area looks decidedly derelict. The poolside paving and the area just outside the safety fencing to the rear of the house, appear to have weeds sprouting between the flags which would not surely have been the case had the DeFeo's been in residence.

It's my assumption that the photographs in question were taken during the period between the murders and the Lutz family moving in when there was a 'house-sitter' in residence which, of course, would mean that they had nothing whatsoever to do with GG.

I should add, in passing, that the photograph showing the front of the house (facing the Ireland's house) shows the only 'spooky' (for want of a better word) image I have ever seen in any of the photographs of the property. In one of the bathroom windows (above the main entrance) there is a reflection that (apart from being too big) looks to me just like someone bending over, say, a handbasin. Of course it is only a reflection but it actually made me 'jump' which is quite out of character and just goes to show how we can all see things that are not what they seem.

Fox :D
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

woah did I just see what I thought I saw?

Post by amandapanda887 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:20 am

[b]wow I have to say that was freaky. It actually looks like a little girl :)[/b]

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Re: woah did I just see what I thought I saw?

Post by FoxyJ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:50 am

amandapanda887 wrote:[b]wow I have to say that was freaky. It actually looks like a little girl :)[/b]
Well, I'm not given to flights of fancy but it did make me do a double-take. If you zoom in though you can see it's just a 'pattern' of shadows and tree branches against the sky. There is a tree or trees directly opposite. If you look at the other bathroom window, you can see the light patch there too - presumably the dark is the Ireland's house.

It would have been a bit rude of the photographer to snap someone in the bathroom! :shock:

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]