What do you think?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
horrorchick
Amityville Member

What do you think?

Post by horrorchick » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:16 pm

I really hate to sound so gruesome, but can anyone tell me where I can find the pics of the actual crime scene? I did see a couple but wasn't sure if there were more. No I'm not a sicko! I'm just fascinated by this whole case and want to know all the details. Although I will probably have nightmares for a week after seeing the pictures-or cry. In the pictures I saw, they were all on their stomachs. I know people have different theories on that. I pray they were shot very quickly and didn't realize what was going on. What about everyone else?

Living Dead Girl
Zombie Sushi in the Pond of Life
Location: Bates Motel-4019 highway 113 Fairvale County California,

Post by Living Dead Girl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:40 am

i have seen a few of these and i swear they break my heart, especially the ones of allison, i still cant get the images out of my head, trust me you dont want to see them. they are shocking and horible and tragic. do yourself a favor, dont look. i thought i had seen alot of stuff, i thought i could handle these, i was way wrong! nothign had prepared em for the site of allison defeo, her eyes were open and she looked so scared, im sorry, i get so emotional over this, i need to stop. but please if you look, please, please, be sure your willing and prepared to have those images with you the rest of your life.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/invisigoth_/Banners/madebysyd.jpg[/img]

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 am

insane veggies wrote:i have seen a few of these and i swear they break my heart, especially the ones of Allison, i still cant get the images out of my head, trust me you dont want to see them. they are shocking and horrible and tragic. do yourself a favor, dont look. i thought i had seen a lot of stuff, i thought i could handle these, i was way wrong! nothing had prepared em for the site of Allison defeo, her eyes were open and she looked so scared, im sorry, i get so emotional over this, i need to stop. but please if you look, please, please, be sure your willing and prepared to have those images with you the rest of your life.
I second that. I would NOT recommend anyone to look at those photographs and feel ashamed that I did.

I cannot understand why such photographs are permitted to fall into the hands of anyone other than the CSI or medical examiners.

The images will remain with me always.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

horrorchick
Amityville Member

Post by horrorchick » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:27 pm

Wow- I guess they're pretty bad. I'm sure it would upset me. Now that you told me not to look, that's all I want to do! However, I cannot find them. I guess that's probably a good thing. May they rest in peace.

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:54 am

horrorchick wrote:Wow- I guess they're pretty bad. I'm sure it would upset me. Now that you told me not to look, that's all I want to do! However, I cannot find them. I guess that's probably a good thing. May they rest in peace.
HC: The photos show the full horror of what 'bloody murder' really is - certainly not the 'bang-bang, you're dead' images to which we've become accustomed in the movies on TV and in 'shoot-em-up' games. These photos show, entry and exit wounds and the destruction a bullet can cause to the human body. I have seen 'death' close-hand but never so much blood from one human being and it brought home to me how fragile we mortals really are.

Don't try to find them.

Fox
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Foxy9212/miscellaneous%20Photos/coffee.gif[/img]

Jungleboogie
Possessed Since Birth

Post by Jungleboogie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:03 pm

FoxyJ wrote:The photos show the full horror of what 'bloody murder' really is - certainly not the 'bang-bang, you're dead' images to which we've become accustomed in the movies on TV and in 'shoot-em-up' games.
The images are no more graphic than a typical CSI show really.
FoxyJ wrote: These photos show, entry and exit wounds and the destruction a bullet can cause to the human body. I have seen 'death' close-hand but never so much blood from one human being and it brought home to me how fragile we mortals really are.
Ignoring death won't make it go away.
FoxyJ wrote:Don't try to find them. Fox
Don't listen to others HC, use your own discretion, and draw your
own conclusions.
[color=green]Fly away,
Leave today,
Return in splendour.[/color]

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:11 pm

To become inured to blood, gore and death is not a good thing is it? CSI is a TELEVISION PROGRAMME, the blood-soaked bodies of the DeFeo family were REAL HUMAN BEINGS.

No one is suggesting death should be IGNORED! Is it necessary to deliberately seek out photographs such as these in order not to ignore it?

Of course HC has every right to seek out the photographs but listening to other people's ADVICE is something all of us should do; it might just save distress - forewarned is forearmed is it not?

Fox

horrorchick
Amityville Member

Post by horrorchick » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:14 pm

Thank you everybody for your replies and warnings. I probably will be disturbed by the pics...if I ever see them. I think you now have to become a member to TNC to view them which is $30. Although I did want to see them, I will not pay $30 to do so! Am I looking at the right website?

Holly
Amityville Addict

Post by Holly » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:37 pm

I am going to be joining TNC real soon. Yes I am curious about the photos and would like to view them. I know I have been told they are graphic and it will haunt me but I have decided to take a look. It will be on one else's fault if they bother me but my own. The more everyone says 'No don't look" makes me want to look even more.

I have been interested in the TNC for awhile now, I am NOT joining just to look at photos.

horrorchick
Amityville Member

Post by horrorchick » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:40 pm

I am the same way! Yes I will probably cry or have nightmares, but I feel like I have to see them.

Jungleboogie
Possessed Since Birth

Post by Jungleboogie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:59 pm

FoxyJ wrote:To become inured to blood, gore and death is not a good thing is it? CSI is a TELEVISION PROGRAMME, the blood-soaked bodies of the DeFeo family were REAL HUMAN BEINGS.
As are the blood-soaked corpses we see on the news every night.
Death is an eventuality, whatever form it might take.
FoxyJ wrote:No one is suggesting death should be IGNORED! Is it necessary to deliberately seek out photographs such as these in order not to ignore it?
To suggest to another member not to view the photographs for said reasons is implying such.
FoxyJ wrote:Of course HC has every right to seek out the photographs but listening to other people's ADVICE is something all of us should do; it might just save distress - forewarned is forearmed is it not?
True enough :D
[color=green]Fly away,
Leave today,
Return in splendour.[/color]

Holly
Amityville Addict

Post by Holly » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:39 pm

horrorchick wrote:I am the same way! Yes I will probably cry or have nightmares, but I feel like I have to see them.

Oh i won't cry or have nightmares. The more people talk about them and how awful they the more curious i get. I am not ashamed because I want to see them one day. Everyone who has seen them probably felt the same but they still looked.

I do thank you Fox for warning me about them. :)

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:12 am

preciousholly wrote:
horrorchick wrote:I am the same way! Yes I will probably cry or have nightmares, but I feel like I have to see them.

Oh i won't cry or have nightmares. The more people talk about them and how awful they the more curious i get. I am not ashamed because I want to see them one day. Everyone who has seen them probably felt the same but they still looked.

I do thank you Fox for warning me about them. :)
Yeah, looking at the crime pics. is indeed will make you feel horrible while looking at them, but you still want to see them. Actually that Documentary with Ronald Defeo on a&e shows the crime pics.
The best place is Ric Osuana's site.

http://www.amityvillemurders.com I think that's the right place. :? :?:
If not, sorry. :oops: :!:
"HOT DAMN! I'm a COUNTRY HAM!"

FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Post by FoxyJ » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:22 am

CH: The photographs on RO's site are NOT the crime scene photographs to which I, and others, are referring. Those are the 'altered' CS photos showing the bodies covered by 'others.'

Fox

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 am

Im drawing a blank. What is TNC? I def know what it is lol,but for some reason I cant remember right now. I'm having a senior moment.

Holly
Amityville Addict

Post by Holly » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:49 am

OldSoul70 wrote:Im drawing a blank. What is TNC? I def know what it is lol,but for some reason I cant remember right now. I'm having a senior moment.
The New Criminologist. :)

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:26 am

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh duhhhhh lol thankx.
Yea I saw those photos I think like last year. Not good.

tomjohnnyjoaquin
Amityville's #1 Judd Nelson Fan

Post by tomjohnnyjoaquin » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:11 pm

hmm yeah..i really don't favor those photos :? :oops:
[img]http://www.danradcliffe.co.uk/candid_dan_2005_52.jpg[/img]

" It ain't a party until something gets broken " Rob Lowe in St. Elmo's Fire

shattered thoughts
Amityville Member

Re: What do you think?

Post by shattered thoughts » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:24 pm

horrorchick wrote:I really hate to sound so gruesome, but can anyone tell me where I can find the pics of the actual crime scene? I did see a couple but wasn't sure if there were more. No I'm not a sicko! I'm just fascinated by this whole case and want to know all the details. Although I will probably have nightmares for a week after seeing the pictures-or cry. In the pictures I saw, they were all on their stomachs. I know people have different theories on that. I pray they were shot very quickly and didn't realize what was going on. What about everyone else?
I had seen some on ogrish.com.

I'm sure they must be the actual crime scene photos but who really knows other than the crime scene detectives....maybe under the freedom of information act they may have everything pertaining to these murders....

horrorchick
Amityville Member

Post by horrorchick » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Actually those aren't the pics I was talking about. These are supposed to be much more gruesome. Thanks though!

Daria
Amityville Member

Post by Daria » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:53 pm

So...is it fairly safe to assume that I am not going to come across the graphic photos on the average site with info. on the Defeo crime or the house? Just wondering, as there is a lot more info. out there I would like to read, but have been rather hesitant as I do NOT want to see them. (I read a thread, probably about TNC, where someone opened a PDF to read it and surprise!, it included the very graphic images. I've been wary about internet info. on the Defeos ever since.) I'd like to learn more about the details, (the CSI end of it), but want to avoid the graphic photos. (I have seen the non-graphic crime scene gallery and simply did not look at the full size version of any image where one of the Defeos was included. I am more concerned about coming upon them unprepared.)

Thanks :) There's just something about the "mom" in me that does not want to see that...