other evidence than pics?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
snifn
Amityville Addict

other evidence than pics?

Post by snifn » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:27 am

I have always stated that I do believe the "Amityville Horror" to be a hoax, and after reading post after post each and everytime I come here...it seems to cement my feelings. Photos are tricky things....light, reflections, sun, and nine million other things can make a photo different each and everytime you snap one. Each time I come to the board looking for some new facts, all I see are posts about photos and all the "demons" and "ghosts" in windows, bushes, and maybe the toilet if someone were to turn on the light and snap the picture just right. I remember about a year ago the board was full of debate and TEXT of fact and new discoveries and what not.....I sure hope the board can get back to that. I have learned too much coming here, but now all I seem to be getting is an eye full of kodak and overactive imaginations. I am not posting this to have people start bashing or anything like that....but I am hoping to find people that can go to the true spirit of the board....POSTS; NOT ALL PICS. (old pics of the house are great, and maybe the new pic of the outside every now and again....but we should all know that seeing "ghostly" pics in windows are not how anyone is going to prove the "28 days of terror")
"An army of pigs try to silence my style..off 'em all out that box it's my radio dial"

Millergirl#4
668 - The neighbour of the beast

Post by Millergirl#4 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:33 am

I am a haunting believer yet I have difficulty seeing anything in the pictures and when I do I have a harder time believing it is of paranormal nature.

I am curious about the ghostboy pic though and haven't come to a conclusion yet on that one.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:54 am

the only pic i have seen that intrigues me the most..is the ghostboy.

I have submitted my fair share of pics in the past, seeking out hidden things. Looking for demons in lampshades and the like. I guess i have grown past that.

Yes it would be astonishing to find a pic or video of a real GHOST. It would make believers out of all of us.

I think posting pics is interesting to a point. I does bring attention to the subject as well as the board. I truly dont feel there is any real harm in it. As long as posters dont violate personafreedoms or rights:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Re: other evidence than pics?

Post by radiomixer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 pm

snifn wrote:I have always stated that I do believe the "Amityville Horror" to be a hoax, and after reading post after post each and everytime I come here...it seems to cement my feelings. Photos are tricky things....light, reflections, sun, and nine million other things can make a photo different each and everytime you snap one. Each time I come to the board looking for some new facts, all I see are posts about photos and all the "demons" and "ghosts" in windows, bushes, and maybe the toilet if someone were to turn on the light and snap the picture just right. I remember about a year ago the board was full of debate and TEXT of fact and new discoveries and what not.....I sure hope the board can get back to that. I have learned too much coming here, but now all I seem to be getting is an eye full of kodak and overactive imaginations. I am not posting this to have people start bashing or anything like that....but I am hoping to find people that can go to the true spirit of the board....POSTS; NOT ALL PICS. (old pics of the house are great, and maybe the new pic of the outside every now and again....but we should all know that seeing "ghostly" pics in windows are not how anyone is going to prove the "28 days of terror")
Well, Snifn, this is just silly. You ask for text instead of pictures, yet you come to complain in the only section for pictures. Plenty text in the regular section. If it bothers you that people discuss photos (and apparently, it does) you needn't have lodged this complaint, and could have merely ignored this section of the forum. I don't see anyone here claiming that any of these photos are 'proof of 28 days of terror.' Sheeesh.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:17 pm

i think it is safe to say we are free to choose or not to choose which posts we reply to ofr ignore. HOWEVER...if one contradicts themselves, they tend to leave themselves open for questions concerning their thinking and motives:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:21 pm

I have to agree with Becky here. No disrespect, but of course people are talking about photographs in the photograph section, silly...

But I do share your views regarding the photos I've seen to date. I think all the demons and faces people see are caused by that phenomenon (I forget its name) where the mind tries to make order out of chaos (where people see faces and images in clouds and random patterns). I feel the ghostie boy is really just one of the investigators. The only photo that strikes me as odd is the moosehead one. Not proof of anything, mind you, but it does strike me as odd, unlike the other photos I've seen so far...

Someone mentioned a while back about a photo of a demon face in a toaster or coffee pot or something. I haven't seen that one yet. (And no, I'm not talking about that animated Flash movie)

TIA
Amityville Addict

Post by TIA » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:26 pm

Dan the Damned wrote: I think all the demons and faces people see are caused by that phenomenon (I forget its name) where the mind tries to make order out of chaos (where people see faces and images in clouds and random patterns).
I was yanking weedlings out of the ground the other day, and when I stood up the dust on my trousers had created this wonderful image of a rose. Our brains are wired to see this type of thing.
[size=75][i][color=violet]Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.[/color] [/i][/size]
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif[/img]

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Pareidolia , first used in 1994 by Steven Goldstein[1], describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being mistakenly perceived as recognizable. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, seeing the man in the moon, and hearing messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- – amiss, faulty, wrong – and eidolon – image, the diminutive of eidos – appearance, form.

:D
Cheers,

Simon

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:35 pm

Just Simon wrote:...and hearing messages on records played in reverse.
So Paul wasn't really dead???

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:55 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Just Simon wrote:...and hearing messages on records played in reverse.
So Paul wasn't really dead???
Nope.....and it wasn't really the face of the devil that appeared in the smoke following the attacks on the WTC....nor is the face on Mars really a face ... :shock:
Cheers,

Simon

snifn
Amityville Addict

Post by snifn » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:19 am

radiomixer wrote:
snifn wrote:I have always stated that I do believe the "Amityville Horror" to be a hoax, and after reading post after post each and everytime I come here...it seems to cement my feelings. Photos are tricky things....light, reflections, sun, and nine million other things can make a photo different each and everytime you snap one. Each time I come to the board looking for some new facts, all I see are posts about photos and all the "demons" and "ghosts" in windows, bushes, and maybe the toilet if someone were to turn on the light and snap the picture just right. I remember about a year ago the board was full of debate and TEXT of fact and new discoveries and what not.....I sure hope the board can get back to that. I have learned too much coming here, but now all I seem to be getting is an eye full of kodak and overactive imaginations. I am not posting this to have people start bashing or anything like that....but I am hoping to find people that can go to the true spirit of the board....POSTS; NOT ALL PICS. (old pics of the house are great, and maybe the new pic of the outside every now and again....but we should all know that seeing "ghostly" pics in windows are not how anyone is going to prove the "28 days of terror")
Well, Snifn, this is just silly. You ask for text instead of pictures, yet you come to complain in the only section for pictures. Plenty text in the regular section. If it bothers you that people discuss photos (and apparently, it does) you needn't have lodged this complaint, and could have merely ignored this section of the forum. I don't see anyone here claiming that any of these photos are 'proof of 28 days of terror.' Sheeesh.
I do have to apologize.....the last time I came to these boards was at the old web site. And after I realized that I aparently clicked the the photo board....I totally made an ass of myself talking crap. I admit it. In my defense, I was confused, but I still stand by what I say....if the lighting is right, and if the mood is right...you can see spooks in my toilet before I flush!
"An army of pigs try to silence my style..off 'em all out that box it's my radio dial"

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:44 am

I do have to apologize.....the last time I came to these boards was at the old web site. And after I realized that I aparently clicked the the photo board....I totally made an ass of myself talking crap. I admit it. In my defense, I was confused, but I still stand by what I say....if the lighting is right, and if the mood is right...you can see spooks in my toilet before I flush!
No problemo, Snifn, as "Just Simon" said in his post, our minds are wired to pick familiar shapes out of just about anything. As for the mistake ---- duuuuuude this is my 2500th post right here. You cannot *imagine* how many mistakes I've made over THAT course of time. Let's just say I lost count! :P

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:30 am

lord knows i have made some mistakes too:) No one is alone in this subject:D

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:34 am

snifn wrote:...if the mood is right...you can see spooks in my toilet before I flush!
I'd ease off on the fiber... :wink:

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:39 am

otherwise ya might feel a little flushed...

snifn
Amityville Addict

Post by snifn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:55 am

radiomixer wrote:
No problemo, Snifn, as "Just Simon" said in his post, our minds are wired to pick familiar shapes out of just about anything. As for the mistake ---- duuuuuude this is my 2500th post right here. You cannot *imagine* how many mistakes I've made over THAT course of time. Let's just say I lost count! :P
I can speak for no one...but we have be raised on (at least my generation) on the Amityville Horror and The Exorcist....and if you are a bit older..."Rosemary's Baby". We ALL want to believe! I sooooo wanna believe in the Amityville "Horror"....but I have my doubts.....I will have to admit that Stephan Kaplan is one of them...and all the people from news 5 after the haunting. They wanted to see something....and there was nothing to see! And when the next owners bought the house there was nothing to see...and when the current owners bought the house...there was still nothing! Does that not make you wonder....pics or not?? I know there are many explainations for this...but at least thorw me this bone...no one has experienced anything????? Does this not make you scratch your head

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:36 am

there are aspects of the story that make me wonder a bit.

Some of the claims of what happened at the house make me wonder. Other claims i would tend to belive.

On the same note, there are aspects of the murders i believe to. Other things i question.

But like everyone else, i hunger for information and research:) I do find it a nice way to spend my time:) Provided i can keep my objectives in focus and not be swayed by nonsense:)

ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Post by ToxiMoron » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:45 am

Well said, Howard, I could take lessons from you...I've only been here a few weeks and have gotten out of hand myself a few times.
My own take on the haunting is that George and his family did go through some serious stuff at the house. I believe that they were haunted by the DeFeo victims. Mind, this is just speculation, and I'm no expert, but I'm sure that their spirits were very, very angry and probably wanted to strike out at anything.
And maybe they're at rest now, that's why Brian Wilson hasn't experienced anything (that we know of), and I don't know enough about the Cromartys, but I thought I read somewhere on this board that they had gone through something (???)
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/MRTODDSTER/HotChixSig.jpg[/img]

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:11 am

I believe in the haunting as well. I don't believe, however, in the Ghost Boy picture. It doesn't look real to me.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:45 am

i dont know what to think of the infamous "ghost boy"...there has been lots of talk and speculation about that picture.

If the chance ever arose where i could view the original, i think that would be awesome.

But keep in mind one thing folks, this was taken in a day when "photoshopping" did not exist. And from what little i know about black and white photography and developing, it would take a master to touch up those photos. One i think would have to have hands steady enough to be a surgeon. Cause frankly i cant see (from the copy i have) any evidence it was tampered with.

Wildchild
Amityville Member

Post by Wildchild » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:41 am

About the Ghost boy picture, it is... and should be to everyone who see's it, looks like a little boy, sceptic or not this is what the picture shows us no matter what. I cant really fault that picture in anyway when i seen it for the first time on TV on a programme about Amityville, and as soon as it showed us the picture both me and my brother kinda of said ergh at the same time and were freaked out about it.

I dont know about all of you but to me, this seems to be the ONLY pic ever took of the house and in the house that we cannot explain. I am not saying that it is paranormal, but i really cant think of anything else it can be.