Red Room Pic's ??

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Bowers999
Amityville Member

Red Room Pic's ??

Post by Bowers999 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Is there any Red Room Pictures about?? Anytime i type it into google i'm only getting the movie ones, and i presumme it doesn't look like that ! :P

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:27 pm

Browers999, use the "search" fuction, there are photo's of the "red room" on this site.
Cheers,

Simon

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:10 pm

I tried finding that damn picture using the search function and finally got to the point of pulling my hair out, lol. Anyway, I just finally said, "Aww screw it" and ended up hosting it for you.

Here's about the best I can do for now. I have another one of both Jim and Barbara Cromarty kneeling down inside of the red room for a publicity photo; I'll upload that tomorrow for you.

"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:40 am

this whole red room thing...

Wasnt this one of Ansons embellishments? Could someone refresh my memory?
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Post by ToxiMoron » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:32 am

Not really. Kathy did find this room under the stairs in the basement, it was painted red and did smell like blood. The movie(s) blew it way out of proportion, though.
Ronnie DeFeo, in Holzer's interview, said it was nothing more than a storage closet, and another poster on this board noted that "a lot of things in the house were painted red; they must have gotten a discount on red paint" or something along those lines, lol.
~Edited 1 time for spelling; analgrammatical man, AWWWAAAAY!~
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/MRTODDSTER/HotChixSig.jpg[/img]

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:38 am

ToxiMoron wrote:Not really. Kathy did find this room under the stairs in the basement, it was painted red and did smell like blood. The movie(s) blew it way out of proportion, though.
Ronnie DeFeo, in Holzer's interview, said it was nothing more than a storage closet, and another poster on this board noted that "a lot of things in the house were painted red; they must have gotten a discount on red paint" or something along those lines, lol.
~Edited 1 time for spelling; analgrammatical man, AWWWAAAAY!~
Here's the thread where this is discussed somewhat:

Red Room discussion:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=3957

Another thread with some pics:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=3332

ToxiMoron
Amityville Addict

Post by ToxiMoron » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 am

Thanks for that...I knew I'd read about the "paint discount" somewhere. Glad I wasn't going crazy. :lol:
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/MRTODDSTER/HotChixSig.jpg[/img]

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:02 pm

The movie(s) blew it way out of proportion, though
I also think the Lutzs' blew it out of proportion as well. Maybe all the read paint creeped them out.

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:39 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
The movie(s) blew it way out of proportion, though
I also think the Lutzs' blew it out of proportion as well. Maybe all the read paint creeped them out.
I disagree. George Lutz didn't describe it in grandiose terms at all, he didn't describe it as large even. In fact I've only known him to give it three descriptions:

1. It was not large;

2. It had, at times, a horrific stench coming from it, although they could find no piping or anything else that might explain where a possible foul odor could be emanating from;

3. Harry, the dog, was acutely unsettled by it and refused to go near it. His reaction appeared to be that of fear.

I fail to see where this denotes "blowing it out of proportion." If you know otherwise, please show me, I'd like to see.

Likewise I never heard any of the Lutz family give a "supernatural" connotation to the room. The stench could be explained through a number of natural means. With dogs having a sense of smell that's far superior to humans, it may have been the smell alone that made Harry uneasy.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:58 am

As a novice writer, i could take any mild mannered story and change it around so much that it would make ya stop and think...

Why is it so hard to comprehend or understand what anson did?

I mean i could tell ya a story about a nut case that jumps around in superman underwear and pretends to be a superhero whilst running thru the most populated streets in New Yuck..

think about it
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."