John-Marc-Allison picture

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

John-Marc-Allison picture

Postby shank » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi guys, it's me again. I was looking through some of the interier crime scene pictures again, and I noticed in one picture of the master bedroom (the one facing the door way) there is a picture frame on top of big ronnie's dresser, it is next to his religious pictures and candles. In the frame, there are three pictures which look like the younger Defeo siblings. Has anyone "blown up" these pictures for a better look? I don't know if it is a copyrighted picture or not, but, if possible, it is worth a try. see ya, shank.
Whatever.

shank
Carpe Diem

Postby weather83 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:48 pm

I noticed this picture a long time ago and decided it was Marc, John, and Dawn. In addition if anyone noticed behind the piano, there is a large portrait whom I believe is Allison. Dawn has a bit longer hair than Ally. Also there is a picture of just Dawn on the dresser on the opposite side of the room. Hope this helps.

Chris
"We come together this morning with troubled hearts but let us understand this - through death, they have been given true life in our Lord."

"To live your life in fear of losing it is to lose the point of life."

"He who has faith has... an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness, and assuring trust that all will come out well - even though to the world it may appear to come out most badly."
weather83
Amityville Addict

Postby Eric Walter » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:47 pm

Hey Shank,

I believe this is the photo you are describing...

however the blow up is far too pixilated...It looks like the four younger children to me, Marc, John, Allison, and Dawn.
"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Baruch Spinoza
Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Postby shank » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:24 pm

Hey Chris and Filmaker, thanks for responding!....I never noticed the portrait behind the piano, I am going to look that one up again this weekend after I catch up on the "Honey, do" list. Filmaker, Yes, that was the pic. I was talking about, too bad it can't be enlarged, it would be nice to see some of the pictures of the Defeos back then, other than the portraits or grainy school pictures. Too bad there are no pictures of when the house was built, or during the years before the Defeo's moved in. The actress, (can't remember her first name!) _____ Riley, Belford....?...Is that right? Has she ever put out any info or pictures of when she lived in the house in the earlly 60's? That would really be interesting for a picture starved audience....Ok, I am going off on different tangents again, sorry.(As my wife says when I do this..."De De DEE!!")
Be safe and have fun, shank
Whatever.

shank
Carpe Diem

Postby weather83 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:50 pm

Hey Shank! I looked at that picture behind the piano and now i'm split between it being of Ally or Dawn. I enlarged the picture and it becomes grainy and hard to tell. It appears this girl has shoulder-length hair, possibly brownish. In addition, there are greeting cards all over the piano meaning that a past birthday or a couple occurred (Louise or John). Finally, I noticed what looked like a face on the far left corner of the greeting cards right below the portrait. I wonder what that is about? I'm not thinking paranormal here, just was wondering what this could be of??
"We come together this morning with troubled hearts but let us understand this - through death, they have been given true life in our Lord."

"He who has faith has... an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness, and assuring trust that all will come out well - even though to the world it may appear to come out most badly."
weather83
Amityville Addict

Re: John-Marc-Allison picture

Postby msmart112 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:40 pm

shank wrote:Hi guys, it's me again. I was looking through some of the interier crime scene pictures again, and I noticed in one picture of the master bedroom (the one facing the door way) there is a picture frame on top of big ronnie's dresser, it is next to his religious pictures and candles. In the frame, there are three pictures which look like the younger Defeo siblings. Has anyone "blown up" these pictures for a better look? I don't know if it is a copyrighted picture or not, but, if possible, it is worth a try. see ya, shank.

Hi Shank,

I think the three pictures in the picture frame are of Allison, Marc, and John.

There was also a picture of Dawn in the master bedroom.

Take care,

Maxwell
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby weather83 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:15 pm

Wow! You really cleared those pictures up! I've never knew they could be enlarged to such detail. You are definitely right about them, and the beauty is that they are in color!! In a way, it looks like the girl on the far left is Dawn because of the hair. I believe that Dawn had longer hair than Allison. Although, in this pic the girl has a tie, which would indicate Allison because she and her brothers went to a catholic school, while Dawn went to a high school. Good job in clarifying the pic!!

weather83
Amityville Addict

Postby OldSoul70 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:32 am

weather83 wrote:Wow! You really cleared those pictures up! I've never knew they could be enlarged to such detail. You are definitely right about them, and the beauty is that they are in color!! In a way, it looks like the girl on the far left is Dawn because of the hair. I believe that Dawn had longer hair than Allison. Although, in this pic the girl has a tie, which would indicate Allison because she and her brothers went to a catholic school, while Dawn went to a high school. Good job in clarifying the pic!!

Dawn also attended catholic school. At the time of the murders though she was in college.
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Postby shank » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:49 pm

Hey everybody thanks for the pictures and responses. and wasn't dawn in some secretarial school? shank
Whatever.

shank
Carpe Diem

Postby OldSoul70 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:38 pm

Not really, she went to Gibbs, which is a tech college, but I think she went there taking secretary courses. The college focuses more on your career instead of taking crap classes that you will never need.
OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Postby Rokiisun » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:30 pm

I know this thread was created a few years ago, but wow, those are some pretty impressive enlargements. Just out of curiosity, I recall a crime scene photograph containing a yellow pumpkin(?) with a face, which I believe was on the kitchen counter. For some reason this pumpkin(?) seems fairly nostalgic to me, like I had something simular to it as a kid... I was just wondering what this item was?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby csullivan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:19 am

Rokiisun wrote: I recall a crime scene photograph containing a yellow pumpkin(?) with a face, which I believe was on the kitchen counter. For some reason this pumpkin(?) seems fairly nostalgic to me, like I had something simular to it as a kid... I was just wondering what this item was?

the pumpkin you are referring to is in this link...you will have to scroll through the pics but it is there
http://www.amityvillemurders.com/csgall ... inbed.html

it is image 21...looking back at the pics...i did not realize the pics were numbered...sorry about that
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby kathyM » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks for the larger pics!. What I wonder is how come there arent any pics of Ronnie like there are of the other kids?

Here is the pic of the yellow pumpkin with the face.

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/csgall ... chen2.html
kathyM
Princess

Postby Rokiisun » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:19 am

Yep, that's the one :D Cheers folks.

Hmm... maybe Ronnie just didn't like having his photo taken? I suppose a lot of people feel nervous about having photographs displayed around the house where other people visiting the house can see them. I recall the photograph of the Defeo children and Ronnie sitting in the TV Room where Ronnie looks rather uncomfortable and sits some distance away from his other siblings, so it's possible he just didn't like his photo being taken, or it may be that only specific photographs were on display at the time such as... recent school photos or college photos.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Geenahgee1974 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:23 pm

The three little photos together in the big frame on the dresser is of Allison, Marc and John. The 8X10 photo is of Dawn. Dawn also went to Cathoilc H.S. She had already Graduated. Dawn, was attending The Kathrine Gibbs, School at the time of the murderes. I always wondered who the huge photo was of over the piano. It is really hard to make out. It is of a young lady but, doesn't seem to resemble Dawn or Allison. Maybe it is. It really is impossible to see clearly.
Geenahgee1974
Amityville Member

Postby VintageBoy91 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:18 am

Geenahgee1974 wrote:The three little photos together in the big frame on the dresser is of Allison, Marc and John. The 8X10 photo is of Dawn. Dawn also went to Cathoilc H.S. She had already Graduated. Dawn, was attending The Kathrine Gibbs, School at the time of the murderes. I always wondered who the huge photo was of over the piano. It is really hard to make out. It is of a young lady but, doesn't seem to resemble Dawn or Allison. Maybe it is. It really is impossible to see clearly.

I was wondering the same. That photo over the piano always fascinated me. That women dosen't look like Dawn, Allison or neither Louise. Maybe it was a relative of them or just a random picture they bought somewhere because they just liked it. Unfortunately we will never know.
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby BooshaGirl » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:05 am

Maybe it's because that asshat never graduated high-school. Perhaps the large photo of Dawn was her senior photo? The photos of the other children look like your run-of-the-mill school photos of that era (blue background).
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby Baphomet666 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Ronnie never graduated high school?
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz
Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Return to Amityville Photographs