The New Movie House

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

The New Movie House

Post by evanguy2004 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Look at this pic of the movie house. I never saw one with the water in the picture. Pretty cool picture. I once read that this house was abandon prior to the filming of the remake. Can anyone confirm this fact? I would imagine someone lives in there now correct.

Monty2008
Amityville Member

Post by Monty2008 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:42 am

Still think this was an odd choice of location

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 pm

That house looks so HUGE!!!

But it definitely looks NOTHING like the original "Amityville Horror" film house, and certainly nothing like the real 108/112 Ocean Avenue.

But for the purpose of filming, I guess it served its purpose.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 am

That's because despite what the producers said when promoting the film, they didn't give a crap about being true to the story or the look of the real house/location.

But despite them taking the original story and completely rewriting it (while claiming they are being more faithful to the book (which book, they never said)), the change in the house's appearance and location may have been an effort at avoiding possible problems with the current owner of the real house...

Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...

Post by Grave » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 am

nothing ominous about the place...thats a beautiful piece of property...
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:30 pm

But can anyone confirm that this house was abandon for years prior to the filming? I would imagine like Dan said keeping the address at 412 Ocean Avenue plus to avoid the look and feel of the real house kept them away from lawsuits.

I agree this is a huge house! I keep thinking of that one scene in the remake where one of the Lutz's kids was walking along the roofline. Great blue screen effect! That would be pretty scarry to actually due considering on how high this house is.

Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...

Post by Grave » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:15 pm

there was no blue screen involved...the little girl actually performed the stunt with the aid of wires...
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:30 pm

there was no blue screen involved...the little girl actually performed the stunt with the aid of wires...
Yup. They show that in the extras on the dvd. Seriously freaky.
Im not little, Im funsize!

costerluver
Amityville Addict

Post by costerluver » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Does anyone know the address of this place? I wouldn't mind seeing it on Google Earth.
P.S. Does it actually have eye windows?

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 pm

No the new movie house or the old movie house did not have the 1/4 moon windows. They added those on for the movie.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm

The address is...

27618 Silver Lake Road

...even though it sits on Silver Lake (which is also the name of a village to the west)...it's technically in Salem, WI.

Eric Walter
Independent Artist

Post by Eric Walter » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:29 am

Dan the Damned wrote:That's because despite what the producers said when promoting the film, they didn't give a crap about being true to the story or the look of the real house/location.
Well, anytime the name Michael Bay is attached to a project, don't expect quality.
"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Baruch Spinoza

kudzu
Amityville Addict

Post by kudzu » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I love that house...its just not the Amityville House.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: The New Movie House

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

These aerial shots capture the house which was used in the 2005 remake of the Amityville Horror. The house is located in Silver Lake, Wisconsin.
http://photography.m2creativedesign.com ... 71&k=CqPSG