Original movie house being prepared for filming

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
LongLiveQuarterMoon
Current reigning Miss Ocean Ave

Post by LongLiveQuarterMoon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:21 pm

# 13 wrote:Hey All, check this out

This guy on Ebay is selling copies of the Toms River makeover construction plans. Might be a cool conversation piece (or at least one to piss off a spouse when you want to frame it and hang it in the living room). If I had 30 some bucks to blow I would consider it.

link

Did anyone notice the sentence that stated "this is the 33rd copy" Funny...this is the 33rd year since that night in November, this coming Thursday night will be the 34th. I found that odd. Planned or just coincidence?
Here, Violet, you can put this up on the bulletin board. Thanks, Roz, I know just where to 'stick' it.

Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

PRODUCTION PLANS FOR MOVIE HOUSE

Post by Dutchcolonial » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Here they are:

Front Facade:

Rear Facade:

River Side:

Garage Side:

AND ALSO THE BOATHOUSE:

“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Thank you!

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:16 am

Thanks Dutch

Now I don't have to buy them :D
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 am

Pretty awesome find there.

I notice something......look at the end of the house. In the movie, the chimney goes down the outside of the wall. In the plans, the chimney is only visible above the roof. Also notice the shutters.
"You told me the house was saved now."

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Reg Read wrote:Pretty awesome find there.

I notice something......look at the end of the house. In the movie, the chimney goes down the outside of the wall. In the plans, the chimney is only visible above the roof. Also notice the shutters.
Good observations...

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Ya, good catch
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:27 pm

I live by the movie house. So this is how they did it. The sunporch was real. It was a big facade. I should post pictures of the house now. It's nothing big now. Just a blue house. The only media is me!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:47 pm

here is some pictures of the house from a few months ago.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... mId=739898

Fr Dennis Kibbler

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Worth an estimated $670,500. Surprisingly less than the real house in Amityville.

This site says the house was built in 1920.

I wonder what the inside looks like.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/home- ... 1175_zpid/

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:58 pm

It has red walls. It has the doors it had in Amityville II (dinning room doors). I believe the foyer was smaller when I looked through the windows (from the street, they have their shades open and the house has a timer for the lights and you can see some of the inside from the street.) The living room has windows that face out towards the water. I believe there is a gap between the entrance door and the foyer. The attic looks like an attic (theres stuff piled up against the window). I went to get a detailed look but the neighbors caught me and I had to run. They used the real sunporch in a scene from the movie. It's when George comes back from the boathouse. The living room wallpaper is different. That good?

Fr Dennis Kibbler

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Awesome description, thanks!!

So I guess the first three films' interiors were done in the house.
Someone mentioned they were done in a studio in Mexico, but I think they just did the attic and basement scenes in the studio.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Actually that is what I have gone by for a long time, but that's not what they filmed in Mexico. In the first film, when Kathy and George look at the house the red tile by the entrance door disappears and reapears in shots. When Kathy runs into the house on the last night the door is left open for a few seconds before it slams shut. if you look, there's no stairs outside the door! When George comes back for Harry there's no stairs and no porch. II and 3-D are the films I'm debating with. i believe the foyer may have been used in some parts of the film. what is notable is you can clearley see outside the windows. the house is a summer house. i can always go at midnight and sneak a few pictures. That's why It might be used in II and 3-D. There is or was once a gap in between the entrance door and foyer (visible in the first film in a few shots.) they tried to use it for a new amityville film or documentary but the owners denied. here's something cool to mention. Over the summer the town next to Toms River (which the bridge to it is seen when Kathy is rushig back to the house at the end of the film.) held an amityville film festival. If anyone wants to know anything about filming locations or errors in locations (driving the wrong way which happens in every driving scene) just e-mail me at

vampireken@ymail.com

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Sound interesting. You should make a new thread about the errors appearing in the film or whatnot.

Have you ever spoken with the owners of the Tom's River house? Are they the same people who owned it back in the 70s?

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:36 pm

i probably will start a thread. I have pictures of James Brolin filming the library scene. I'm writing this from the library next to the one that was used in the film. The scene where George gets the book. No, i have not spoken to the family personally. I have actually been in a house used in 3-D. Nancy's house is my neighbors house. she got payed 100$ for a 5 second scene.
No, it's a new family. I should note that the house is $700,000.
the other houses on the street (including the one that replaced the original lot) are are over $1 million. Some go over $2 million. The flag pole (visible in the opening and closing scenes and a few others) is probably the only thing left on the original lot that was in the film. It may have been replaced but I'm not sure. As for the family in the house now. It is a new family. I believe it is a cuban family. Based on the plaq in the driveway. and one of the neigbors saw them outside. If anyone wants to go, go in the winter. The street is desserted. don't bother anyone though!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Oh and guess what? Toms River has a few... more than 2 dutch colonial houses.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks Ken!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm gonna be real stupid and I'm gonna go to the house now. I'll photograph through the windows. I'll try. There's no one home. I'll get or try to get a detailed look at the place. Don't expect anything big though. It's dark out so I might not be able to do it.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 pm

I have something to say about the movie house. I won't be taking any pictures of it anymore :( :oops: I got busted. One of the neighbors thought I was looking in her window (Which I was surely not!) and realized I was looking at the house. I got the Who are you?! and the 20 seconds to scram before I call the police. Now I'm worried about going to Amityville. One neighbor is bad but.... oh man! She was a mean neighbor :evil: . Anyone wanna tell me what Amityville is like?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks for not taking any pics peering inside their windows. Photos like that are not allowed here. Taking pics from the public sidewalk is fine, but we ask everyone to not trespass and to respect people's privacy. Thanks. :D

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I guess it's a good thing the lady came and yelled at me (I was on public property) but thanks for telling me that.