Original movie house being prepared for filming

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I would never do that anyway. I can never get the bravery to do that. I will post pictures of Nancy's house from Amityville 3-D. The inside to. That house is by mine and I know who lives in that house and have been in there lots of times. It's not the same as it was in the movie. I caught something earlier in the thread. Itt said the house was redone for each movie. I believe it might have been left that way. I'm not sure but a local paper promoting the film festival said that people came around halloween time to see the house because it looked the same.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:54 am

Do you know when these pics were taken?
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:21 pm

The house before the edits taken in Febuary 1978:

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Were these pics taken AFTER filming was completed? The lattice on the street side is installed in these pics but only one part of the facade is completed. In the newspaper pics I have the lattice is being installed and appears to be completed already.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re:

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Reg Read wrote:I got to make a few comments here.

I remember a guy made an appearance on a Yahoo group dedicated to the Amityville Horror, and he claimed to have lived in Tom's River near the movie house when the films were being made. He reports that in the fall of 1978, when the original was filmed, up went the scafolding to build an extension to the house. Immediately after all the filming was done, the false ends and roof were removed. In late 1981 when Amityville II was filmed, up went the scafolding again to build the ends back, they were removed again only to be put back about 9 months later to start filming on Amityville 3-D. According to other sources, the movie house was picked up, turned 90 degrees and over about 100 feet to allow for the construction of a second house on the same lot. Apparently this took place sometime around 1985-86.
Was probably me that had told you this many many years ago like back in the late 90s? I've told many people this on other old forums back then and by now I'm sure you have seen what I meant. Other ariel photos of the house posted on this site also shows it. I was highly disappointed when I found the house moved from its original spot back in '84.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re:

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:50 pm

VampireKen wrote:Were these pics taken AFTER filming was completed? The lattice on the street side is installed in these pics but only one part of the facade is completed. In the newspaper pics I have the lattice is being installed and appears to be completed already.
All the black and white photos and with the scaffolding is all prior to filming. The very first photo and the second one posted on this thread is the removal process.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re: Original movie house being prepared for filming

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

I have like 4 photos that were taken prior to the 3-D filming with the scaffolding in place but the house is complete.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 pm

You should post them!

You should post anything Amityville movie related... I love seeing that stuff! lol
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm

I've seen those pics already posted somewhere on here.