New pics of Movie House

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Re: New pics of Movie House

Post by Kinzoku » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 am

Reg Read wrote:
That is my favorite shot in all the films.

funny how in 30+ years some neighborhoods don't even resemble what they once were. I, too like this shot the best. architectural valhalla. the trees and landscape and placement of the house un-parallel to the river is to me outstanding. too bad they moved the house.......... :hand:

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Here's some new night pics and the house lit up

"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Yes it is a good shot, however it is obscured by tree branches ... is that the sound of chainsaws in the background? Do I hear a cross promotional movie trailer? Texas Chainsaw meets Amityville?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Well we are in the middle of another blizzard. Toms River is buried under 30 inches of snow. I got some good pics of the house when it was really snowing out but the good pic for some reason didn't save onto the card. I took a pic earlier of the house, but it was very difficult to get there considering how poorly plowed our roads are.

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I just realized there's a guy on top of the front porch. oops

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Well here's some new pics that show some of the mini renovations the owners are doing.

ImageImage
Yes, I now have watermarks on my photos. I'm actually getting into photography as a career so you will see watermarks on most of my own photos from now on.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:00 am

Here's the only photo I have been able to locate of the house soon after it was moved in 1984. This photo shows the property in 1986. It looks like it was constructed very quickly. There is no driveway to the movie house, the location where it used to be and the current house is looks like someone piced up the house and randomly dropped the house on the lot. The driveway does not match up with the house (in fact it looks like it's driving into a bunch of trees). The house appears to have been painted blue as soon as it was moved.

To compare

stephyslt
Amityville Member

Post by stephyslt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 am

i like these pics. there is something dreary about them tho

shuan6427
Amityville Member

Post by shuan6427 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 am

Looks like a really nice area, not for someone short of a buck however!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:33 am

stephyslt wrote:i like these pics. there is something dreary about them tho
Which ones exactley? A few of the ones on the top were taken with the effect of creepiness like it was a eye sticking out from behind the tree. The snow ones were taken in horrible weather.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:56 am

I finally got to reading all 13 pages of this post lol a few things I never noticed:

The dining room window is missing in Amityville 3D. Can't believe I never noticed that.

That shot of the attic windows before the house explodes, you can tell it's not the movie house. The windows look smaller.

They never show the river side of the house in Amityville II.

Always awesome to learn new things lol especially about the movie house.

What I don't get is why they made the extention on the garage white when the rest of the garage and the house is blue. Kind of stupid if you ask me. If I had a million dollars and owned that house I'd change it back to white and black shutters, and have the roof converted to a barn shape with the windows.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 am

antny000 wrote:What I don't get is why they made the extention on the garage white when the rest of the garage and the house is blue. Kind of stupid if you ask me. If I had a million dollars and owned that house I'd change it back to white and black shutters, and have the roof converted to a barn shape with the windows.
Well this is where it gets interesting. The owners of the house after filming was completed were big Amityville Horror fans. The house was always white and thats why they decided to paint it blue. So one day the family decides to take a trip to Amityville, Well when they get back they do a little interview with the local newspaper, saying how it creeped them out that "the house in Amityville was painted blue as well". Thing is, it wasn't painted blue. The shutters were but nothing else. Now the current family who is rarely even there, added the expansion on. My first impression was it was white, but closer it looks bluish white, I'll take a little walk later and get the official color.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 am

It still looks retarded lol if it is blu-ish you can barely tell, it doesn't match the rest of the garage or the house. I've only been to the movie house 4 maybe 5 times and as you said, it was always abandoned looking, except one time, I think it might have been 4th of July, there was a party there. It's funny because I saw the 4th of July pics you took and I was wondering if that's the one time I went. I can't remember what year it was though lol it might have even been before the current owners, depending on how long they've been there.

I know it's been at least 5 years, maybe 6, since the last time I went.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:01 pm

They finally painted it blue lol it kinda matches the house now.
antny000 wrote:it was always abandoned looking, except one time, I think it might have been 4th of July,
Yep, and I've only photographed the house lit fully up once.

antny000 wrote:I can't remember what year it was though lol it might have even been before the current owners, depending on how long they've been there.I know it's been at least 5 years, maybe 6, since the last time I went.
That was either in 1997 or 2001. The previous family used to go all out for Halloween, they really got into the Amityville theme. These people do NOTHING with the house. I know it's a normal house on a normal upperclass street but still, it's turning into an eyesore.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:31 pm

One of the users on here managed to obtain one of the only photos ever released of the model that blew up at the end of the third film.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Wow. Awesome find! You should really consider making a web page for all of the Amityville photos and news articles you have!

How big is that model? It's hard to tell, in the photo it looks like a normal sized house.

crabs_jubilee
Amityville Member

Post by crabs_jubilee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:56 am

I'm quite confused as to where the movie house originally sat before it was picked up and moved. can someone draw a circle around it or something?

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:19 am

Looking at that photo again... it actually looks like it might be half the size of a normal house. The car in the back ground looks oversized and it's hard to tell but I think I see a few people in the photo and they look too tall to be able to fit in the house lol

I guess they built a half size model and blew that up. That's how it looks imo.

I hope my model will look that realistic when I'm done with it!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:09 pm

crabs_jubilee wrote:I'm quite confused as to where the movie house originally sat before it was picked up and moved. can someone draw a circle around it or something?
We have a diagram somewhere in one of the threads, but ti make it easier, we have started using this new website called historicaerials.com where you can see old aerial pics. I'll try to add a comparison.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Before I speak, do NOT jump in your cars and race to Toms River, im still trying to figure out whats going on. I think there is possibly a movie or TV special being filmed at the movie house in Toms River. why? Because it's not often that the entire house is lit up, more specifically its not usual that the two "eye" windows are brightly lit up. Also, there appears to be a security trailer in the driveway, and security cameras surrounding the property. Going there in a few to check it out.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:53 pm

This is the best photo I have ever taken for this forum. It's pretty evident why. It was pretty creepy in person. No, it is not photoshopped, it was really like this.