Toms River Filming Locations

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Re: Toms River Filming Locations

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:28 am

The book that George steals isn't a real book, correct?
"You told me the house was saved now."

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:28 am

Reg Read wrote:The book that George steals isn't a real book, correct?
no it is not
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Here's the observer building (where Kathy looked up newspapers at the end of the film) as it appears today.

I took additional pics with my professional camera but I haven't uploaded them yet.

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:07 pm

The movie theater that hosted the world premiere of "The Amityville Horror" is currently being torn down. The demolition began approximately two-three weeks ago. It's part of a re-development plan of the shopping center it's in.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Ken, I love your posts. I'm a huge fan of the films and you seem to have a lot of input on them. I really enjoyed seeing all of the movie house pictures of them building the facade, I never thought anyone would have any of those.

Given how much you know about the filming locations and all of the newspaper articles you've posted, you could seriously do a documentary on the movie house. And I would DEFINATELY watch it.

Too bad I can't afford to buy the movie house, or I would have the entire house redone to look like it did in the movies, inside and out!
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Thank you! Actually I did begin filming a documentary last year but due to numerous problems it never got completed. I'm considering redoing it again though.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm

I definately think you have enough to do one... you obviously know a lot of the locations where scenes were filmed, and I've seen you post a lot of articles about the filming in Toms River. Plus the behind the scenes photos...

You know, I always wondered, do the people who live there know the film history of the house? I mean it's nothing bad, so, I don't see why a realtor wouldn't mention it if they were selling it. I've always wanted to see the inside and what it looks like, I've always been curious to know how different it is from the movies. I haven't visited the movie house in years, but I remember wishing I could go on the property to take better close ups and back the back side, which you can't see from the street. I tried getting the back from across the river, but my camera couldn't focus trying to zoom that far up.

I do video editing as a hobby and would have no problem helping put it together if you needed the help. I've always been fascinated with the movie house, even more than the real one. I'm pretty big into the movies, I even built a replica model of the movie house which is almost finally complete. Were you the one who posted the behind the scenes photos of the house during the Amityville 3D filming? I remember seeing a few of the house on yahoo somewhere and I think on here too.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm

yep, my neighbor gave me those photos. and yes, they know about the history (if they didn't before, Michael Bay told them in 2004) The interior (i'm not a creeper they just dont have blinds and light the house up at night during their once a month visits) looks like it did in Amityville II. They've made the garage bigger recently as well.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:20 pm

That's awesome. I assume you live not too far from the movie house? I've visitied it 3 maybe 4 times... the first time I got there late and it was dark, so taking photos never really worked out. I went again during the day and took some video and photos. I did a montage of the movie house, the real house, and the remake house... I only visited the real house once, a long time ago, and the remake house is too far so I used behind the scenes footage shots of the house.

I put it up in 2006 when I first used this account, not even sure if that post exists come to think of it lol But it's up on youtube if anyone wants me to put it back up on here.

Did Michael Bay contact them about the remake? I wish they had used a better house for that movie. I was so dissapointed.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Actually I have your video bookmarked because I liked it alot! Initially they went to TR to get the movie house but they were turned down. Apparently they've been back over the years because now Dimension wants it for their next Amityville remake. I've taken a few photos at night. My first attempts some crazy neighbor down the street said I was "stalking" her. She's moved since then (and so has everyone else on the street). Idk who actually knows now what house is on their street. I took a bike ride down their the other day and it appears the owners are being a pain with cable wires, now that their new garage is up.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Hah, cool, thanks!

I never knew that they went back to that house for the remake, I wish they had, that would have made the remake more likable for me.

I remember one time when visiting, I went crabbing near the house and there was a younger kid there, he asked if I wanted what he caught, and after thanking him, I asked if he knew anything about "the house down the street" and he immediately said "Oh the Amityville Horror house". That wow'ed me that a kid that young knew about it, this was before the remake so it wasn't all over tv yet. He said he knew the kid there and that it was their summer house or something. Another time I went crabbing near there, and there was some house party of some sort. Wish I was invited lol

I plan on doing a video soon, I'm going to recreate shots of the house from the movie with my model and morph them together... just waiting to complete the model. Did you see the Amityville trailer I posted with the funny twist ending?

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 pm

antny000 wrote:Hah, cool, thanks!

I never knew that they went back to that house for the remake, I wish they had, that would have made the remake more likable for me.

I remember one time when visiting, I went crabbing near the house and there was a younger kid there, he asked if I wanted what he caught, and after thanking him, I asked if he knew anything about "the house down the street" and he immediately said "Oh the Amityville Horror house". That wow'ed me that a kid that young knew about it, this was before the remake so it wasn't all over tv yet. He said he knew the kid there and that it was their summer house or something. Another time I went crabbing near there, and there was some house party of some sort. Wish I was invited lol

I plan on doing a video soon, I'm going to recreate shots of the house from the movie with my model and morph them together... just waiting to complete the model. Did you see the Amityville trailer I posted with the funny twist ending?
haha tell me when your coming and i'll give you a tour of the town. I'm only 16 going on 17 and I've known about it since I was 5. I know what kid your talking about too haha, he was on my bus in elementary school. Think he still lives there too but I haven't seen him in 8 years. Parties? That's all it's used for now. Everytime the owners (who own lots of sports cars apparently) they are having a party.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm

When I was growing up and my elementary bus went past everyone would go "There's the haunted house!"

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:05 pm

I seriously wish I could buy that house and change it lol and I would live there, not just visit!

I would also let the film company use it for the movie =P

I'm not sure when I'll ever be visiting again. The last time I went was probably 4 or 5 years ago, I live in Woodbridge which is kind of halfway inbetween the real house and movie house. How did you ge a hold of all of those news paper articles? They had some kind of archive at a library somewhere?

Some of the photos you've posted, I've created collages to frame and hang up when I put the movie model on the wall.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 pm

I didnt post all of those, just some lol, and yep, microfilm at the library, and a file they had on filming. and my neighbor.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Yeah some of those I found on google, someone had posted that family portrait from Amityville II recently... and the eye windows picture was something someone was selling on ebay years ago for 80,000 dollars lol

That's cool that you were able to get a hold of all of that stuff. Do you have a photo account anywhere with all of your Amityville stuff? I haven't seen those Amityville 3D house photos in a while.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 am

Hey VampireKen... I know you're loaded with info on the Toms River locations from Amityville 1-3, but here's a thread I started a few weeks ago. I had come across from info on the "California" house from Amityville 4 on an IMDB message board for the movie:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... f=8&t=8056

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:51 pm

So Antny, I will be updating the movie house page soon, there's some work being done at the house now (garage expansion, and something else now too).

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Movie house page? Where's this? lol

Can't wait to see... haven't seen that house in at least 3-4 years now... I'm still waiting to hit the megamillions so I can buy it.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:28 pm

antny000 wrote:Movie house page? Where's this? lol
http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/vie ... f=8&t=6594
antny000 wrote:Can't wait to see... haven't seen that house in at least 3-4 years now... I'm still waiting to hit the megamillions so I can buy it.
Same here. Last time it sold for reportedly $800,000.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:07 pm

The house across the street is for sale lol