For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Nope!

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Reg Read wrote:Doesn't the European version have a longer incest scene? Where Sonny actually caresses and kisses Trish's breasts?
Nope - just in the "Reg Read" version!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:09 pm

I've found some more stills from cut scenes. It appears the ending was intended to be longer and it was more difficult for Adamsky to get to the third floor. Also a extended scene with Sonny and the other priest walking through the house. And a scene which is shown in the trailer of the ghosts of the family.

"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:53 pm

VampireKen wrote:I've found some more stills from cut scenes. It appears the ending was intended to be longer and it was more difficult for Adamsky to get to the third floor. Also a extended scene with Sonny and the other priest walking through the house. And a scene which is shown in the trailer of the ghosts of the family.

Is that where the camera is panning past the one bedroom, and through the open door, you see Mark and Jan from behind standing side-by-side looking at the one window?

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Yep. Not sure where that part is supposed to be in the movie though. The second floor is never shown during the ending of the film. whenever it's supposed to be shown its skipped right over. Ex: When Adamsky goes to the third floor it skips the second floor. When the other priest brings sonny out of the house it skips it. Then again in the final scene of the film.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

These were probably promotional shots or were being planned as being promotional shots before editing. During production I think they might take stills for storyboards etc.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:50 pm

I believe they filmed the scenes to be part of the movie they were making it for, it just probably didn't go along good with the movie. One of the things I've learned in my writing experience is that if you go off from the main storyline, don't do it for long or to much, then the plot is lost. Such as Amityville 3-D. The argument scene at Nancy's house was much longer and involved more exterior scenes. It got to much into the divorce storyline and not horror. With Amityville II the extended ending was meant to be an obstacle for Adamsky to get to the third floor and the "zombies" were not there to harm him but then...why were they there?? They were there to do that and therefore removed and replaced by the river. The scene with the other priest and Sonny I believe may have been the same thing that was shot outside. With the priest saying "It's alright Sonny, it's alright. We'll make them understand." They probably shot two endings and went with the one with Sonny getting arrested. The same with the original Amityville film with the hooded figure. We only have the script from that ending so we can't find stills but I recall finding a still with the family all looking up the stairs. The scene was cut probably due to Jodie being the ghost of choice. and it may have looked silly.

KNEW910
Amityville Member

Post by KNEW910 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Doesn't Jack Magner in amityville II kind of look like Marc DeFeo in that photo from Shattered Hopes? The one of Dawn her friend leaning on Marc's sholder and louise.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm

a little bit:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

MerrittTheFerret
Amityville Member

Re:

Post by MerrittTheFerret » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:26 am

Arch of Toms River wrote: We only have the script from that ending...
Where did you find the screenplay to the movie?
I've been looking for it, for years, but I can't find it.

VampireKen

Re: Rare Amityville II stills

Post by VampireKen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Dan posted it. It's only the alternate ending though.

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

MerrittTheFerret
Amityville Member

Post by MerrittTheFerret » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

VampireKen wrote:Dan posted it. It's only the alternate ending though.
Is there a link to it? Where can I read it?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm

It's an early draft of the script that I bought online from some place that sells movie scripts. As Ken points out, I didn't post the whole thing, just this one part:

404 EXT. THE BOATHOUSE - GEORGE - NIGHT

He steps out of the boathouse, still holding the axe. The rain has already soaked him and his hair is matted down. A flash of lightning and a ROLL OF THUNDER cause him to look up. As he is about to turn back to close the boathouse doors, his eyes catch...

405 GEORGE'S POV - THE HOUSE (REAR)

ZOOM on Amy's window. Amy stands looking down at George. Behind her, looming over her, is a gray shrouded figure whose eyes glow red and malevolent.

406 TIGHT ON GEORGE

as he reacts in horror. He races toward the House.

407 INT. BOYS' ROOM - KATHY - NIGHT

She moves to the window to draw the blinds when she sees...

408 KATHY'S POV - GEORGE

He is racing from the boathouse, looking like a crazed lunatic, carrying the axe.

409 TIGHT ON KATHY

She is terrified.

410 EXT. THE HOUSE (REAR) - GEORGE - NIGHT

Our ANGLE is FROM the sunporch THROUGH the windows, as he races toward the House. We HOLD with him until he disappears at the side of the House.

411 INT. THE HOUSE (RED ROOM) - TIGHT ON FLOOR - NIGHT

as the hole continues to widen ominously

412 INT. FOYER - WIDE ANGLE - NIGHT

as we HEAR the kitchen DOOR thrown OPEN and then George appears, racing through the dining room. His knuckles are white from clenching the axe. His face is red from exertion. His eyes are wild from the adrenalin pumping through his system. His clothes are drenched from the rain. He races up the stairs.

413 INT. AMY'S ROOM - GEORGE - NIGHT

as the door opens, revealing him in the doorway. He reacts as he sees...

414 GEORGE'S POV

The bedclothes are thrown back and Amy is not in bed.

415 TIGHT ON GEORGE

as he turns and exits the room.

416 INT. SECOND FLOOR LANDING - GEORGE - NIGHT

as he comes from Amy's room.

..........................................GEORGE
.................................(calling)
.....................Amy?

He steps across to the doorway of the master bedroom. The door is wide open and we can SEE with him that there is no one in the room. He moves to the top of the stairs and looks down. We can SEE with him the quiet foyer.

.................................(continuing;
....................................calling)
.....................Amy?

417 INT. RED ROOM - TIGHT ON FLOOR - NIGHT

A blue-gray vapor curls upward from the depths of the black hole. The MOANING SOUND of the House accompanies it.

418 INT. SECOND FLOOR LANDING - GEORGE - NIGHT

He steps to the bottom of the third floor stairs and looks up. He starts to climb the stairs slowly.

419 TIGHT ON CHANDELIER

The TINKLING of the CRYSTAL becomes angrier and the MOAN of the House INCREASES in perspective and begins to meld with the SOUND of the GLASS.

420 TIGHT ON GEORGE - TRACKING ANGLE

He is uneasy and tense as he holds tightly to the axe and climbs cautiously. Suddenly there is a LOUD CRACK from the house wall beside him. His head snaps toward the wall.

421 TIGHT ON WALL

A green slimy material oozes and drips like a running sore.

422 TIGHT ON GEORGE

as he reacts in disgust. He continues up the stairs. The CLATTER of the CHANDELIER and the KEENING of the House wafts around him. CRACK!!

423 TIGHT ON WALL

Another wound oozing its green slime.

424 TIGHT ON GEORGE

He moves relentlessly

425 INT. THIRD FLOOR LANDING - GEORGE - NIGHT

He moves to the door of the boys' room. He turns the corner.

.................................(calling)
.....................Greg! Matt!!

He begins knocking on the door and then pounding as he gets no response. His uneasiness by now has grown into panic. Taking the axe, he wields a mighy blow aimed at the latch area. The latch springs and he kicks the door open. PUSH IN BEHIND HIM as he strides into the room, axe raised against the potential threat. There is no one in the room. The bedclothes are thrown back.

426 TIGHT ON GEORGE

He is totally bewildered and very frightened. He is about to turn and leave the room when he sees...

427 ANGLE ON CLOSET DOOR

It is rattling.

428 ANGLE ON GEORGE

He starts toward the closet, axe raised. Suddenly from behind the open door of the boy's room, a figure hurtles out of the darkness, screaming, and unleashes itself on George's back. Its fingers grab at his face, clawing in fury. George half turns and sees the face of a harpy... aged, rutted wrinkles over lifeless skin. His fear makes him even stronger than normal and he throws this thing across the room. It lands upon the floor and he raises his axe as...

..........................................KATHY
.....................Don't hurt my babies!

429 TIGHT ON GEORGE

as he stops his swing in mid-air in total disbelief. The voice has come from this hag lying upong the floor, sobbing in tears. George lowers the axe.

430 TIGHT ON KATHY

We now get a good look at the aging process on her face. Tears course down her cheeks.

.....................Please don't hurt my babies!

431 TIGHT ON GEORGE

as he fights the revulsion within him.

.....................Kathy? Jesus Christ!

Tears well up in his eyes. He bends to her. She shrinks back.

.................................(continuing)
.....................I wouldn't hurt you. I wouldn't
.....................hurt the kids.

He takes her in his arms and she weeps with a sense of relief.

.....................I saw your face in the newspaper...
.....................Oh, God, George. I was so scared...
.....................I thought you'd hurt the kids...

He hushes her as he rocks her in his arms.

.....................Where are the kids?

.....................In the closet.

.....................We're getting out of here.

He starts to get up and has to break away from her terrified clinging. DOLLY WITH him TO the closet. He opens the door and we SEE with him the three kids huddled together, weeping in fright.

.....................Come on. We're going to Grandma's.

432 INT. BASEMENT - WIDE ANGLE - NIGHT

The cold, wispy vapor curls from the open door of the closet and moves along the floor towards the stairs.

433 INT. BOYS' ROOM - GEORGE - NIGHT

He wraps a blanket around Amy and lifts her to carry her in his left arm. He picks up his axe in his right hand. TRACK WITH him as he takes two steps to Kathy and the boys. Her back is to him and she is completing the action of putting coats over their pajamas. She turns to him and we can SEE with him that the hag-look is beginning to recede. The lines are not as deep and the face looks more like Kathy.

.....................Don't anyone stop for anything.
.....................Run down the stairs and out the
.....................door to the van. Let's go.

They move to the open door.

434 INT. THIRD FLOOR LANDING - ANGLE ON BOYS' ROOM - NIGHT

They come out bunched together and as they reach the top of the stairs, they react in disgust as they see the green slime on the wall. It is not just spotting now; the entire wall is covered with it. The KEENING of the House and the CLATTER of the CHANDELIER is DEAFENING.

.....................Run.

The others hesitate.

.................................(continuing;
....................................angrily)
.....................Run!

Kathy races down the stairs with Greg and Matt following. George brings up the rear with Amy.

435 INT. SECOND FLOOR LANDING - ANGLE ON STAIRS

as the group races down. The green slime from the wall has spilled onto the steps, making them slippery. Matt slips and falls. Kathy stops to help him up.

.....................Hurry!

They make the turn and head down the stairs toward the foyer. George is the last and as he makes the turn, the sewing room door behind him is thrown open with a BANG. George turns at the SOUND.

436 ANGLE ON SEWING ROOM DOORWAY

Floating into the doorway is the shrouded figure with the burning, malevolent eyes.

437 ANGLE FROM SEWING ROOM DOOR - GEORGE AND AMY

He reacts in horror.

..........................................AMY
.....................Don't scare me, Jody!

George hurls the axe TOWARD the figure (CAMERA) and races down the stairs. The CAMERA PUSHES DOWN the stairs after George and the others. Greg has reached the door and struggles, trying to open it. They all crowd to the door and George pushes his way forward, tugging at the door.

The CAMERA BEGINS TO CATCH UP and is ALMOST UPON them when suddenly George throws the door open and they rush out.

438 EXT. THE HOUSE (FRONT DOOR) - NIGHT

as the family races out. The SOUND of the House abruptly STOPS. They race across the front lawn toward the van. The sky flashes with lightning and the air reverberates with THUNDER as the rain pours down.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm

I found a newspaper from when they were building the facade of the movie house and the head worker saying he had a copy of the script. His copy says "The killer walks out of the boathouse with a shotgun, goes up the hill and enters the house." It was originally planned to make the ending more intense, the audience would say when George was walking up to the house "That's what happened in the beginning!"

crabs_jubilee
Amityville Member

Post by crabs_jubilee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks for posting the script portion. Too bad it didn't stay in the finished film as I feel that the ending is lacking a good thrill. Maybe if the film went from a religious angle as opposed to a documentary style film, it might have had more of an impact?

Bryan1428
Amityville Member

Post by Bryan1428 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:43 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Image

I'm new here...how can I see these pics? Thanks!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:56 am

Ah great, thanks Photobucket :(

Abbas9364
Amityville Member

Post by Abbas9364 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:30 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Ah great, thanks Photobucket :(
If you can't see the images then I recommend downloading the ''Photobucket Hotlink Fix'' extention for Chrome. Had the same problem here lol.