Analyzing the Paul Bartz Theory

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 am

Howard64 wrote:but if someone was caught by accident and it was not the fellow setting up the camera, why look directly at the camera when the shot was taken?
I think he was looking towards the camera because he possibly heard a noise coming from that direction, and may not have known its source.

Things like automatic camera timers in the 1970s were still quite "mechanical" in nature. Today everything is computerized and quiet, but back then a timer would actually physically depress the shutter release button -- and for that to happen there would be a little whirring sound of a motor in the seconds before the picture was snapped.

In a newspaper article Paul talks about being alone on the 2nd floor for a time while the others went away somewhere -- so the house would be very quiet. Suddenly he hears this slight whirring sound coming from the staircase across the way, he looks over in that direction and SNAP -- his photo is taken. He probably laughed and breathed a sigh of relief right after he recognized what the sound was. That's my guess of why he was looking at the camera...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Analyzing the Paul Bartz Theory

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:45 am

Someone else asks the Paul Bartz question:

http://agentqueryconnect.com/index.php? ... le-horror/

Morris
Amityville Member

Post by Morris » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 pm

George said in one of his last talks that when the woman(I can't remember her name) was flipping through the photographs trying to find a good one that her baby jumped in her stomach when she landed on this picture.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:06 am

Sounds like a coincidence to me, but who knows... :think:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Housekeeper
Amityville Member

Post by Housekeeper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:21 am

Rokiisun wrote:Sounds like a coincidence to me, but who knows... :think:
Coincidence, or emotional effects. It is not uncommon to see babies reacting after a strong emotion coming from the mother (the reason here being that she was shocked by the face on the photograph), especially at a certain time of the foetus evolution.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Apparently the mother did not notice the face until AFTER the baby had kicked a few times each time she had flipped to that pic.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Babies and young children are said to harbour stronger
psychic abilities to older children and adults. My parents
tell me that as a child I could sense spirits of family and pets.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.