Amityville Movie House Complete Dollhouse

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
antny000
Amityville Addict

Amityville Movie House Complete Dollhouse

Post by antny000 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Ok so this isn't MINE, but, I wish it were... or I wish I could buy one. This has to be the best and most detailed version of the movie house that I have ever seen someone build. I can't say who it belongs to because someone found these photos on facebook (which I don't have) and they posted them on a message board I go on.

Anyway here's the photos!

Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

kathyM
Princess

Re: Amityville Movie House Complete Dollhouse

Post by kathyM » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:08 am

That is so cool! I love the inside pics.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 am

I know... I wish I had more pics of that house, of the outside and inside! I wish I could have done the inside of my house like that, but dollhouse materials, especially wall paper, lights, interior items, etc.... are very expensive and I don't have that kind of budget unless I want the house to get finished in 2023.

The house I have now is just the exterior, and is like 95% done, I've been working on it for a couple of years now and if it weren't for finding window sets cheap on ebay I'd probably still be way behind on it. But it just needs a few small things done to it and it'll finally be complete!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Wow, that is amazing.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:34 pm

That's really cool! That person has talent.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:13 pm

That is the most amazing replica I have ever seen. I'd be willing to pay $500 for that if I could find out who made it.
"You told me the house was saved now."

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 am

The funny thing is, Dollhouse stuff is so expensive that dollhouse might cost a lot more than $500.

Mine took a pretty penny to build and I only did the exterior... I probably spent around 400 maybe 500 to make mine. This person did the inside and all... I could only IMAGINE how much time that took. Light fixtures are really expensive, so is wallpaper... windows doors... I'd actually like to ask them how much they spent and how long it took them to make it.

I'd build something like that if I had the money.

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:41 pm

I want to ask that person how they did the wainscoting on the stairs. Did they make it, or were they able to buy it somewhere?
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Gotta be really creative and use a hell of a lot of attention to detail. Something like the wainscoting and the trim was hand made and the materials for something like that can be found at stores like ACmoore, Michaels or Hobby Lobby depending where youre located. Basswood or balsa wood would be thing to do this as Ive done with the siding, shutters and quarter-round windows on my house so far. I plan to be using a lot of that wood when I get back to building and damnit I cant wait to get started! :D
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

I also found a VERY cool looking crystal chandelier to use in my house which looks exactly like the one in the first movie. About $200 this thing will cost but will be worth every penny. To top that off I have printed out the wallpaper which matches exactly to the walls in the dining room, livingroom and of course the foyer/stairway in the first movie. I'm just gonna do the kitchen a little different and the upstairs rooms with just paint.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 pm

You printed the wallpaper? Did you use any kind of special paper for that?

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm

No just regular paper at the moment. I'm experimenting to see how everything comes out. So far so good on the regular paper but have yet to see how well it will go, if it goes well at all as far as pasting it to the foam board. I havent even started rebuilding yet so I have time. Like to have as much as I can so I can go BAM BAM BAM and throw it all together. :)

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 am

Amity108 wrote:I also found a VERY cool looking crystal chandelier to use in my house which looks exactly like the one in the first movie. About $200 this thing will cost but will be worth every penny. To top that off I have printed out the wallpaper which matches exactly to the walls in the dining room, livingroom and of course the foyer/stairway in the first movie. I'm just gonna do the kitchen a little different and the upstairs rooms with just paint.
Are you designing your dollhouse like the orginal movie house or the real life house?

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:04 am

Yeah I'm not sure I can imagine paying $200 for one single furnishing. There is a victorian stove/harth that I really want, but it's in an English dollhouse website. So, it was be about $160 to get it with shipping and everything. So, I'm thinking I'll have to settle for a less perfect stove. What I want to find out is if I can get brick texture that is actually textured and not flat.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:14 am

Victoria, I will be doing like the original movie house as I have been doing. Ive done one before and shown on a different thread. Only got the outside almost finished until I had to take it down. Quotes, yea I know thats a very steep price but I want it to look good and as close as I can get. :)

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 am

I read about this site on a blog about DIY dollhouse stuff looking for tips on how to make my own wainscoting. Their prices do seem a bit better than some other places.

http://www.northeasternscalelumber.com/ ... e5cfc00747

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Thats pretty interesting! Has a lot of other items as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

Anarane
Amityville Member

Post by Anarane » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 am

Jesus effing Christ. That is the most incredible dolls house I have EVER seen. I genuinely thought someone had taken pics of a real house and was trying to fool us! :D

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 am

Lol yes that one is very detailed. Certainly beats the hell out of the one on Ebay by a long shot!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 am

Yes... even making/having my own house, I'm jealous of theirs lol I really wish I had the time and money to do something detailed on the inside.

To be honest I probably wouldn't be anywhere near done with the house if I had, so I'm glad I stuck with just the exterior, because I don't have much left to do to finish it. I even have the supplies I need... I just have to stop being lazy and get my ass to finish what's left.

I would love to see more photos, and even photos of the house being built. I remember seeing those photos on facebook somewhere, I wish I had saved the link, maybe one of us could contact them and see if they have more photos to share!