Amityville 4 & 1992 Movie Houses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Re: Amityville 4 Movie Houses

Postby Fr Dennis Kibbler » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 am

The Amityville Curse is an Amityville movie in name only. It is a terrible film and not worth 90 minutes of your life watching.

I don't know that Amityville 3-D is set after Amityville 4. Once the evil in the house manifested itself in the lamp, the house was "cleared", at least according to the one priest. I think after part 3, there really is no order to the movies, they contradict one another:

- At the end of part 2 (which is chronologically before part 1), the house is up for sale.
- At the end of part 1, the house is abandoned.
- At the end of part 3, the house explodes and there is nothing left standing but the front door overhang.
- In part 4, the house returns, is cleared and empty.
- In part 6, the house was said to have been demolished for a new residential development.
- In part 7, Amityville is relocated upstate.
- In part 8, Amityville is relocated again - this time to a California desert. The house supposedly burned down.
"You told me the house was saved now."
Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Postby antny000 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:01 am

I never knew "Dollhouse" took place in Amityville, I always assumed it was in California or something.

Actually the first time I saw "Dollhouse", I began to think that Bill was the young boy from Amityville 4 grown up, and that the house burning down was the house from 4, and that that's what happened to his family after the lamp was tossed from the window.

However... I then realized his name in the movie is Bill, and the kid in 4 is Brian, so, that took that idea out the window.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Fr Dennis Kibbler » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:50 pm

That is an interesting perspective. I think I've only seen Dollhouse once or twice, so I'll have to watch it again and keep that in mind.

Unfortunately, in order for me to watch Dollhouse, I'll need to hook up my VCR. I only have that movie on VHS.
"You told me the house was saved now."
Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Postby antny000 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm trying to get rid of my VHS tapes and my VCR lol it sucks because I just finished buying every movie I wanted that was available on DVD and now I have to convert to blu-ray!

I wonder how long it'll be before we see Amityville 4-8 on blu-ray, it took them long enough to put them on DVD.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Shane_34 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi everyone

Shane from Melbourne, Australia here.

From doing a little research I believe I have found the property used as the Amityville house.

The address is 402 East M Street Wilmington CA.

It is a corner 2 story colonial property. The main reason I believe this is the house is the 2 story Dutch Colonial home next door which I believe is the same one that can be seen in the background of the opening yard sale scene in the movie. (Used google street view to see the from and sides of both of these properties)

Feel free to prove me wrong, I'd love to know which house it was if it this wasnt the home used.

Thanks

Shane :D
Shane_34
Amityville Member

Postby Shane_34 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi

Just did a little exploring with google maps and from the info provided here. I believe the house used as the Amityville house for Amityville 4 is located on the corner of East M street and North Banning Blv in Wilmington CA.

The house is a 2 story colonial. If you look at the house next door, it appears to be the same Dutch colonial you can see in the background of the movies yard sale scene.

Shane_34
Amityville Member

Postby VampireKen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

antny000 wrote:The Amityville Curse is supposed to be based on a book by Hans Holzer. I've never read the book, so I'm not sure what the book has to do with the movie.

The book is the same story except it actually takes place in 112.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Postby VampireKen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:29 pm

It appears our new user has officially located the mysterious house :D thanks a bunch! and welcome to the forum!

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen

Postby KevinW » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Shane_34 wrote:Hi

Just did a little exploring with google maps and from the info provided here. I believe the house used as the Amityville house for Amityville 4 is located on the corner of East M street and North Banning Blv in Wilmington CA.

The house is a 2 story colonial. If you look at the house next door, it appears to be the same Dutch colonial you can see in the background of the movies yard sale scene.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=East+M+street+and+North+Banning+Blv+in+Wilmington+CA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.29802,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=N+Banning+Blvd+%26+E+M+St,+Los+Angeles,+California+90744&ll=33.789099,-118.258595&spn=0.008524,0.01929&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=33.789094,-118.25843&panoid=Jrw9q7pX356od207Bnpv5w&cbp=12,23.00002699999999,,0,-12.214643999999998

I think you're right. Looks like they gave it a Dutch colonial roof and ends for the movie and enclosed the end porch. Nice find!

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.
KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Postby antny000 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Wow, I wasn't sure anyone would ever find that house!

Only thing is, can someone post pictures from google maps? I clicked on the link but it brings me to the page and the picture doesn't come up. =/
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby VampireKen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:33 pm

My paint program is broken and photoshop trial expired or else I would

VampireKen

Postby antny000 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Ah, thanks anyway, I'll try again later or tomorrow unless someone else can post images up.

When I click on the link it brings me to the page, the image shows up blurry for a few seconds, then turns black, and that's it... I tried yahoo maps but it only gives me an above view.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Shane_34 wrote:I believe the house used as the Amityville house for Amityville 4 is located on the corner of East M street and North Banning Blv in Wilmington CA.

Uh oh. I guess this means Arch will have to come back to California to check it out.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby antny000 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Shane, thanks so much for finding that info, I gotta ask... how did you find out the address?

Because while TRYING to find a map I can view the house, I came across this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=6yPmzA ... &q&f=false

Apparently the house has some history to it and has been in 7 movies!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby VampireKen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:43 pm

VampireKen

Postby antny000 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks Ken!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Shane_34 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:22 am

Hi

I knew it was in Wilmington from a previous post. I then took a stab at watching the start of Amityville 4 to get more clues. From the film I got that it was situated on a fairly long main road with what looked like greenery opposite. So off to Wilmington on google maps and it was literally in the first few minutes that I found the house next door with the Dutch gamble roofline and guessed that the house next door was the house used in the film.

Shane
Shane_34
Amityville Member

Postby antny000 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 am

Wow, well good job on finding it! I know I've wondered where that house was located and always knew it wasn't the Toms River house.

I can't believe how different it looks, even the Toms River house still has some similarities, they completely changed the side of the house! Even the chimney looks like they changed it for the movie. If anyone can find anymore photos of the house please share!

You can tell from the front of the house that it's the same, in the movie, the way they film, you can't see the french doors on the second floor. And judging from the way the house looks in the film, I'd guess they shot on location with all of the house scenes.

Also, I always assumed it was only a t wo story house, you can kind of tell in the film that there isn't a staircase going to the "attic".
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby VampireKen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:18 pm

antny000 wrote:Wow, well good job on finding it! I know I've wondered where that house was located and always knew it wasn't the Toms River house.

I always knew that but there was a few times I had to watch and thought "well the front is facing the street". but then I could tell it wasn't when I saw the deck in front of the house.

antny000 wrote:I can't believe how different it looks, even the Toms River house still has some similarities, they completely changed the side of the house! Even the chimney looks like they changed it for the movie.

You should see the back of the house, completely different layout.

antny000 wrote:You can tell from the front of the house that it's the same, in the movie, the way they film, you can't see the french doors on the second floor. And judging from the way the house looks in the film, I'd guess they shot on location with all of the house scenes.

I knew it was the house because of the tree thats seen in the opening. And yes, the location guy confirmed in an interview with one of our users that they filmed interiors too.

antny000 wrote:Also, I always assumed it was only a t wo story house, you can kind of tell in the film that there isn't a staircase going to the "attic".

I never noticed that until now lol. I always wondered why they never went to the third floor.

VampireKen

Postby VampireKen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm really suprised nobody has ever pointedout something missing in A4. Before I say what it is, I wanna see if anyone else realizes it. Anyways here's more from Google Maps

I wonder if this house was choses for it's interiors rather than exteriors.

VampireKen

Postby VampireKen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

As low budget as this film may have been (although this is one of my favorite low budget films), they really managed to make a good opening. Had we not discovered the house, we would not have noticed alot of things. So since we now know, lets look them over

Before we begin, was the film known on tv as "Amityville Horror: The Evil Escapes"?

Anyways, stormy night

The actual interior was used for the inside. It's a much more creepier setting than previous films

On the way up the stairs, we see a window (which is still visible from street view of google maps)

Different Kitchen

Although maybe not intentional, the room (most likely Missy's, or known in film as Amy) is actually kind of accurate.

You wouldn't notice it, but there's no stairs to the third floor

and here you can see the deck in front of the house

VampireKen

PreviousNext

Return to Amityville Photographs