Movie House Floor Plans?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
dearliza1365
Amityville Member

Re: Movie House Floor Plans?

Post by dearliza1365 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:51 pm

AmityPRO wrote:I swear if the movie house was ever open to the public I'd want to fly up and go through it! Love that house!!! :)

in the 3rd film of the series, with the father and the little girl, at the end of the film, the production team and filmmakers literally blew up the house as you see it in the movie. it was SUPPOSED to be the end of the saga finally revealing the evil well under the house. the movie house was built and shot on Tom's river just down the street from the real house.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 am

dearliza1365 wrote:
AmityPRO wrote:I swear if the movie house was ever open to the public I'd want to fly up and go through it! Love that house!!! :)

in the 3rd film of the series, with the father and the little girl, at the end of the film, the production team and filmmakers literally blew up the house as you see it in the movie. it was SUPPOSED to be the end of the saga finally revealing the evil well under the house. the movie house was built and shot on Tom's river just down the street from the real house.
Hahahahaha Whaaaaaaaat???? The house that blew at the end of 3 was clearly a model except for the scene where the flames and that blew out all the windows, you can clearly see the propane blowing tubes, that was the actual house, it was not harmed... they never built an exact replica down the street in Toms River to blow up... sheesh... come on...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am

Actually, they did build a half size version of the house to blow up. VampireKen has a photo of the model while they were making it. It's pretty awesome.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 am

Well a model yes, but I have still yet to see pics of a half house Full sized model that they built in Tom's River... semms like a waste of time and money to me... but who knows...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Here's the thread that VampireKen posted the photo in, it's near the bottom of the page. I'm not sure if that was filmed in Toms River or not, though.

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... el#p119063
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Craven Raven
Amityville Member

Post by Craven Raven » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 pm

The Toms River house is by far my favorite as well. I grew up the next county over (Burlington county) which is 45 minutes away. Back in the filming days, I was too young to wander over there on my own. Every time we went to Seaside Heights ( across the bridge from Toms River), I would have my mom drive past the house so I could see it. One time I was lucky enough to catch the facade up around it for the 3D filming. I've been by both houses before but the movie house is my favorite. Now that I'm living outside Atlanta, I feel I'm missing out on so much especially since Sandy hit and destroyed the shore including Toms River. VampireKen, if you're reading this, how much damage was claimed around the river line? When I was up there at the beginning of November, I didnt get up that way. I only made to Tuckerton in Southern Ocean County to check on some friends but that was it. Had too much else going on.