Amityville Look Alike Houses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Re: Amityville Look Alike Houses

Postby darksea13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:04 pm

A few weeks ago I was driving through Medford, MA and noticed that there were quite a few Dutch Colonials on High Street and surrounding areas.
darksea13
Amityville Member

Postby rtrose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:23 pm

It is tiny; the baby spawn of the original. It was actually an adorable little house, I really wanted to buy it, but I was in college at the time. It sold at a dirt-cheap price.
rtrose
Amityville Member

Postby rtrose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Darksea13, I also used to live in Savannah, GA. I'm very familiar with both the Hampton-Lillibridge House and the house on the corner of Victory and Abercorn. I passed them often. I lived in an 1870s rowhouse off of Calhoun Square and experienced some (lite) supernatural activity.
rtrose
Amityville Member

Postby darksea13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 pm

rtrose wrote:Darksea13, I also used to live in Savannah, GA. I'm very familiar with both the Hampton-Lillibridge House and the house on the corner of Victory and Abercorn. I passed them often. I lived in an 1870s rowhouse off of Calhoun Square and experienced some (lite) supernatural activity.

I think someday I will buy a house in the historic district, but the possibility of ghosts is off-putting.

Here's a street view of the houses in Medford I mentioned before https://maps.google.com/maps?q=high+street+medford+ma&ll=42.421239,-71.130123&spn=0.022271,0.045962&hnear=High+St,+Medford,+Massachusetts+02155&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=42.421255,-71.129969&panoid=LvWOt9vIvtWRAi9A6efhbw&cbp=12,39.52,,0,-5.56
darksea13
Amityville Member

Postby darksea13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:44 pm

darksea13
Amityville Member

Postby kathyM » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:59 am

That last house kind of reminds me of the Nightmare on Elm Street house.
kathyM
Princess

Postby darksea13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Yes I think it would be easier to find a close Elm Street lookalike house to buy than an Amityville one.
darksea13
Amityville Member

Postby Roswell Witness » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:00 am

I have seen that house many times. I am from South Amboy, NJ. Only a few miles from Woodbridge.
Roswell Witness
Amityville Member

Postby amityville 815 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm

When I was looking through an old photo album I found these. I remember when I took these I was at a gas station and I casually looked over and saw two look alikes right next to each other...

[color=#0000FF:2q8v26bi][b:2q8v26bi]Life is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff[/b:2q8v26bi][/color:2q8v26bi]
amityville 815
Amityville Member

Postby Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:44 am

I found this beauty online for sale:

https://mlslincolnwestonrealty.com/5_pelham_road_lexington_mass.php

Also I saw the house below listed on Realtor.com and at first I thought it was the house used at the beginning of Amityville 4 The Evil Escapes. However it has a different street address in Wilmington, CA. It's almost identical though!

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:48 am

Wow, just add some quarter round windows to the first house and you would have a pretty good replica of the real house.

The second one definitely looks identical to the "Evil Escapes" house, I almost thought it was it but I remembered when we went the house was on a corner and definitely didn't have a large pool in front, but still, looks almost exactly the same!
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:59 am

antny000 wrote:Wow, just add some quarter round windows to the first house and you would have a pretty good replica of the real house.

There's a few differences, like the extension to the back, the porch and some of the windows... but it's pretty damn close!

The second one definitely looks identical to the "Evil Escapes" house, I almost thought it was it but I remembered when we went the house was on a corner and definitely didn't have a large pool in front, but still, looks almost exactly the same!

Yeah it was the pool that made me think again, so I compared the addresses and they are different. Cool though.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 am

How about this brick beauty lookalike:

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:04 pm

It's amazing to me that people on this board can find some pretty decent look like houses but the film makers of the remake gave us that house that doesn't look anything like it should have lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:06 pm

antny000 wrote:It's amazing to me that people on this board can find some pretty decent look like houses but the film makers of the remake gave us that house that doesn't look anything like it should have lol

Well I suppose it depends on the willingness of home owners to allow their houses to be used in filming. Still, they don't seen to have made much effort to get even close to the real deal.

It's like they said "**** it this will do."
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Seriously. lol I remember when the remake was in production, I kept checking to see what the house would look like and was highly disappointed when they finally released a photo of it. Then I figured - "Well, at least the cast and crew said this movie will be more closer to the book than the original movie" - which was only more disappointing when I saw the movie because it had almost nothing to do with the book lol

Although the home we bought doesn't really resemble the Amityville house, I've been considering (Somewhere in the future) replacing/adding quarter moon windows to one side of our house.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:36 pm

antny000 wrote:Seriously. lol I remember when the remake was in production, I kept checking to see what the house would look like and was highly disappointed when they finally released a photo of it. Then I figured - "Well, at least the cast and crew said this movie will be more closer to the book than the original movie" - which was only more disappointing when I saw the movie because it had almost nothing to do with the book lol

The house itself is actually very nice, in the style it's supposed to be (Queen Anne Victorian). Adding just that little touch of fakery made it look ridiculous. The changes made to the original movie house in Toms River suited it as it was at the very least a colonial revival style.

Although the home we bought doesn't really resemble the Amityville house, I've been considering (Somewhere in the future) replacing/adding quarter moon windows to one side of our house.

Go for it! Quarter moons don't necessarily have to be on Dutch colonial/colonial houses.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm

There's a house not far from my job, it looks like the Toms River house without the facade (triangular shaped roof) but with the windows. It's far off from the road and I don't drive by it too often, but would love to get pictures of it. I have a folder with some other look-alikes I see daily in my town. There's onE house in particular that I've wanted to tell them they should light up the windows for Halloween lol but I'm not crazy enough to do that.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:55 pm

antny000 wrote:There's a house not far from my job, it looks like the Toms River house without the facade (triangular shaped roof) but with the windows. It's far off from the road and I don't drive by it too often, but would love to get pictures of it. I have a folder with some other look-alikes I see daily in my town. There's onE house in particular that I've wanted to tell them they should light up the windows for Halloween lol but I'm not crazy enough to do that.

Ha! I'd do it if my house looked like that! Get a bunch of red colored lights and make those quarter moons glow.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Unfortunately there's no chimney and they would be pretty close to each other with not much space in between...

Also, it would be a long while before I could even think of having it done. We just bought the home in January so there's still other work that needs to get done on the house - but once that stuff is out of the way, I'll have to look into it lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Previous

Return to Amityville Photographs