Amityville Look Alike Houses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
amityville 815
Amityville Member

Re: Amityville Look Alike Houses

Post by amityville 815 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey thats a nice one :love:
[color=#0000FF:2q8v26bi][b:2q8v26bi]Life is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff[/b:2q8v26bi][/color:2q8v26bi]

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 pm

I think I must buy that house and change the attic windows... lol that's VERY VERY close to the movie house, the roof looks perfect, too. I don't think I've ever seen a house as close as that one.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Yea this is the closest I've seen so far and very close. I use to have to pass by this house frequently and have known about it for years. Only pic I was only able to get back when I lived in Jersey was the blurry one I've posted before. I always tend to look at other houses and try to find one the looks like the Amityville house...the movie house anyway. Seeing this for the first time passing by, my heart had just dropped and immediately had goose bumps! Lol. Other pics of this house, if anyone wants to see can be found in the "dirty jersey" thread.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:19 am

I do the same thing... I remember a house in Seaside that resembled the movie house a lot, but it had that dark brown wood chip siding.

But I don't think I've seen anything this close. :)
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Even wood chip siding is ok. Cedar shake siding even. After I start on the siding on my model, I'm not going to paint it for a while like I did my last one. I like the natural wood look and that goes for anything.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Duel truck driver
Amityville Member

Post by Duel truck driver » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:44 pm

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Very cool. 8-)

amityville 815
Amityville Member

Post by amityville 815 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:56 am

Duel truck driver wrote:Image
I don't know why but that house gives me the creeps :horrormovie: Oh well thanks for posting ;)
[color=#0000FF:2q8v26bi][b:2q8v26bi]Life is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff[/b:2q8v26bi][/color:2q8v26bi]

darksea13
Amityville Member

Post by darksea13 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

Here are a couple from my Instagram account. The first is in Manchester, NH and looks like the movie house and the current Toms River house meshed together.

This next one I've been by countless times in my hometown of Savannah, GA. There are actually quite a few Dutch Colonials in Savannah including a rival "most haunted house" on East St. Julian St.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 am

Wow, I love the white house. It does remind me of the Toms River house used for filming The Amityville Horror.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm

kathyM wrote:Wow, I love the white house. It does remind me of the Toms River house used for filming The Amityville Horror.
Which white house? Theres quite a few lol

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Nice to see some coloniels down here in Georgia. Savannah is one of the most haunted cities in America.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm

I like the most recent white house picture on page 4, pages 1 thru 3 are old news. :)

anthonyh46
Amityville Member

Post by anthonyh46 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:34 pm

that is cool,certainly looks like the movie house,thanks for sharing

darksea13
Amityville Member

Post by darksea13 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:21 pm

I think the reason why both the real and movie houses are so striking is that there aren't really any homes that look exactly like either one. Either you don't have the gambrel roof, you don't have the eye windows, or you don't have the small dormers and instead have a large shed dormer.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:00 pm

darksea13 wrote:I think the reason why both the real and movie houses are so striking is that there aren't really any homes that look exactly like either one. Either you don't have the gambrel roof, you don't have the eye windows, or you don't have the small dormers and instead have a large shed dormer.
Kinda like the one I know of in South Jersey with the big dormer and no quarter round windows. The gambrel roof though is dead on! I've always loved that house even before I knew there wasnt anything like it anywhere else. I just dont know what it is to pinpoint why. It maybe a local thing for me because I grew up not far from the movie house.

rtrose
Amityville Member

Amityville Doppelgänger

Post by rtrose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 pm

A few years ago, I came close to buying this Dutch Colonial home. It looked a lot like 108 Ocean Avenue, only scaled down. I see look-a-likes pretty often where I live. Does anyone have any look-a-likes they would like to share?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey welcome -

I've added you to the look-a-like thread!

rtrose
Amityville Member

Post by rtrose » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Here is some more info on the house:
http://www.trulia.com/homes/Indiana/For ... e-IN-46807

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Wow - it looks tiny!

kathyM