Dawn DeFeo?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Dawn DeFeo?

Postby msmart112 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Here is a 1966 fourth-grade class picture from St. Martin of Tours School in Amityville.

In theory (unless there was another fourth-grade class that year or she was absent that day)...Dawn should be in this pic.

Click here for a much larger version...and if you’d like...post which girl you think might be Dawn.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Re: Dawn DeFeo?

Postby kathyM » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 am

I think second row from the top. The girl on the end on the left side next to the teacher.
kathyM
Princess

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am

Not sure which one is Dawn, but I definitely see at least 3 demons and a couple of orbs...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby csullivan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:31 pm

i think she might be in the third row....6th one from the left
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Starting from the top....second row down, far left. That's her.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby csullivan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Tim wrote:Starting from the top....second row down, far left. That's her.

i thought that too...KathyM also thinks it is her...could be ...but then i saw the other girl in the third row ...hard to tell really...i dont know
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby kathyM » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 am

CSullivan, your pick looks like it could be her also. The two girls kind of look alike.
kathyM
Princess

Postby # 13 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 pm

kathyM wrote:I think second row from the top. The girl on the end on the left side next to the teacher.

I think that girl would be a good candidate. However, something tells me that Dawn is in the 3rd row from the top (or bottom for that matter), all the way to the right.
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby kathyM » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:14 am

When you are looking for someone, dont all the girls start to look alike?
kathyM
Princess

Postby lindaknight » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:04 pm

I agree. I lived in Copiague as a child on Oak Street and use to play at Petikins Park (In the 70's ) when this happened I was 11 yrs old and am not sure if I have seen the house or not. Can someone tell me how far it is from the park please. thank you.
lindaknight
Amityville Member

Postby # 13 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:36 pm

OK, I gotta ask

Max, do you know who Dawn is or if she is even in this pictures?

Does anyone else here know?
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby shuan6427 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:44 am

Where is Jodie? Jodie was absent that day?
shuan6427
Amityville Member

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon May 09, 2011 6:48 am

# 13 wrote:OK, I gotta ask

Max, do you know who Dawn is or if she is even in this pictures?

Does anyone else here know?

Yearbooks usually have names under the picture.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 am

Is it normal for elementary schools to have a yearbook, though? My elementary school only had a yearbook for the 8th grade. Our local middle school had a yearbook, but that was only grades 6-7-8. Other than that, we just had class photos like the one Max shows -- just a photo with no names. Not printed in a book, but given to each student as a normal photo.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Is it normal for elementary schools to have a yearbook, though? My elementary school only had a yearbook for the 8th grade. Our local middle school had a yearbook, but that was only grades 6-7-8. Other than that, we just had class photos like the one Max shows -- just a photo with no names. Not printed in a book, but given to each student as a normal photo.

Depends on the school size. I went to a school where all grades were in one building (I said building, not room). At smaller schools, yearbooks showed all grades with names. Since this is a Catholic school, the classes are probably are rather small to as it appears to be in this picture.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby # 13 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:Is it normal for elementary schools to have a yearbook, though? My elementary school only had a yearbook for the 8th grade. Our local middle school had a yearbook, but that was only grades 6-7-8. Other than that, we just had class photos like the one Max shows -- just a photo with no names. Not printed in a book, but given to each student as a normal photo.

Depends on the school size. I went to a school where all grades were in one building (I said building, not room). At smaller schools, yearbooks showed all grades with names. Since this is a Catholic school, the classes are probably are rather small to as it appears to be in this picture.

My elementary school just had the class (group) picture and that's it like Dan said (and of course, the individual pictures of each kid if the parents bought them). We also didn't have yearbooks. I wish we did, that would be cool to look at now.
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby hardluckboogie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:45 am

Top row third student from the left
"Do you want to see something really scary?"
Twilight Zone: The Movie
hardluckboogie
Amityville Member

Postby 112 Ocean Ave » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:06 pm

I agree with KathyM :D
112 Ocean Ave
Somethings in life can't be explained

Postby Rokiisun » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 am

I had a yearbook from my final year in high school, but other than that we never got a yearbook during any other milestones of our school education career. The closest thing our primary school (or elementary in America) had to that was a folder in which you kept your best work and photographs in until you left primary school -but unfortunately our teachers forgot to give them to us upon leaving and I doubt that after ten years they'll still have them for our avaliability.

As for the picture. After looking at the girl in the top second row, far left, right next to the teacher - I am 100% certain that she is Dawn Defeo. If you look closely at her nose, cheek and eye shapes whilst smiling and then imagine her with long hair when compare this photo to her facial features in the hall portraits you will definetely see the resemblence.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby AutumnMaidenDove » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:20 pm

When I was in elementary school we didn't have yearbooks but we had class photos with the names of the kids at the bottom of the photo. And this was in the early 90's. We didn't get yearbooks until middle school which was 7th and 8th grade. As for who I think Dawn is, I have no clue.
AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Postby ChristinaRenay » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Well dawn couldve been in a different class. I wish they had the names of the students at the bottom back then like they do now.
ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member

Next

Return to Amityville Photographs