My Amityville movie collectables =)

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Re: My Amityville movie collectables =)

Post by csullivan » Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 pm

antny000 wrote:Here's the vintage electric clock I own, it always reminded me of the clock from the 1979 film that George had when he woke up at 3:15 every night. In the original the numbers "spun" slowly up from one number to the next, in the remake they "flipped", that's why it reminds me more of the 1979 movie clock and not the remake clock.

isnt there speculation that the murders did not happen at 3:15 am...i wake up all the time at 3:15...does not mean anything really

csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Post by csullivan » Sun May 22, 2011 8:26 pm

the only books i have read recently is amityville horror jay anson and high hopes gerard sullivan which i have read both books more than once...i do have more books in my attic but i will not waste my time to go up there and get them..i do admire your work though antny it must be very time consuming to do that

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:35 am

Well I recieved my "Amityville: Dollhouse" pinata bat and my "Amityville Horror (1979)" 8mm movie at work today! Can't wait to display them!

I ordered the rest of the stuff I need to finish my model, once the house is done, I can put all this stuff up! =)
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm

I took some new photos of my entire collection earlier... I recieved my "Amityville: Dollhouse" pinata bat & the 8mm "Amityville Horror" film I bought off ebay. I also bought a crapload of nice frames from Dollar Tree and framed everything up. So now the house just needs to be finished, and once that's done, I can put it in it's place and hang my Amityville memorabilia around it... can't wait!!!

112 Ocean Ave
Somethings in life can't be explained

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Thats such an awesome house model i wish i could model like that lol!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks!! =)

112 Ocean Ave
Somethings in life can't be explained

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey Antny do you know if the picture of the guy holding the windows is real, fake,from the real house or movie house?
possession is nine-tenths of the law

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

That is a nice little collection you have there:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

professor_amityville
Amityville Member

Post by professor_amityville » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 am

How old was the Fortean times magazine article, and where did you buy the books and model? Those look pretty interesting. :)
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
-Jesus Christ

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks for the comments!!!

112oceanave - those are windows from the original movie house, someone had them for sale on ebay and they took a few photos of the windows.

professor amityville - I'll have to check on when that magazine came out... someone bought it for me and I can't remember when, but I'm gonna say it's at least 4 or 5 years old...

The books I bought at a used bookstore in my area, I still need to get some of them though, I'll probably finish the book collection when I finish the model up!

elijah95912
Amityville Addict

Post by elijah95912 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Dont take this the wrong way, but WOW! I never really thought someone could have an Amityville collection. I mean that I never thought of making an Amityville collection, with making models, creating collages. I also never thought of collecting the books and movies. (Shows how much I know). Well, probably because im collecting Chucky at the moment so it nevert occured.
"Maybe I'm just chasing shadows"

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 pm

I have a collection too (nothing like this though), it's mostly comprised of personal photos from filming, newspapers, movies, books, also I will so be the owner of a Amityville 3-D contract (if my neighbor can find it), also, Deleted scenes on that film reel? I wonder if the original ending is on there?
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:12 pm

antny000 wrote:1977 - The Amityville Horror - Jay Anson (The first 28 days of their story in the house.)
1982 - The Amityville Horror II - John G. Jones (Follows the Lutz's to Kathy's mother's house.)
Great books, although the opening of the second book was pretty much the same one from the movie (end of first film, with some changes).

antny000 wrote:1989 - Amityville: The Horror Returns - John G. Jones
Makes too many references to the films, but ironically mentions Patty Duke BEFORE Amityville 4 came out. Also features an intense and very Children of the Damned style fight scene at the end between George and a few ghosts, also....The house talks! Yes, it's finally made into a living, breathing creature, yes the side of the house offically does become a "face" of the house! Also, if you instert the Trans-Siberia orchestra music on the scene where George and Kathy get to the house, it's like the BudWeiser Commericals.....Amitville Edition!
More specifically watch this then read the end of the book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE

antny000 wrote:1988 - Amityville: The Evil Escapes - John G. Jones (A bunch of mini-stories about possessed objects that were sold from the house.)
1991 - Amityville: The Nightmare Continues - Robin Karl (I read some of this as a kid, it was halfway decent from what I remember.)

Haven't read Evil Escapes, but I STRONGLY reccomened The Nightmare continues, it's quite short but a very good read, the ending scared the S*** out of me and I couldn't sleep for a few nights. The epilogue was very weak though, and it seems the author was in a rush to get it done. MANY loopholes though. Robin Karl managed to capture the peer pressure of teenagers too, and I admired that. It's written in a interesting form, obviously a fictional story (ignore the cover), the author makes the book very creepy, and disturbing.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

elijah95912
Amityville Addict

Post by elijah95912 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm

antny000 wrote:(All books I want to be paperback when I find them.)
Book – The Amityville Curse, Hans Holzer (1983)
Book – The Secret Of Amityville, Hans Holzer (1985)
Book – Amityville Horror: Untold Stories, John G. Jones (1985)
Book – Amityville Horror Conspiracy, Stephen Kaplan (1995)
Book – The Night The DeFeos Died, Ric Osuna (2002)
Ooooh! I found all of these books on eBay!
"The Amityville Curse" - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hans-Holzer-AMITYVI ... 5ae1b60c12
"The Secret of Amityville" - http://cgi.ebay.com/Secret-Amityville-H ... 27bbd4b8da
"Amityville Horror: Untold Stories" - http://cgi.ebay.com/Amityville-Horror-U ... 2eb6bef1b1
"Amityville Horror Conspiracy" - http://cgi.ebay.com/Amityville-Horror-C ... 3f0ab1b7c5
"The Night The DeFeos Died" - http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Defeos-Died-R ... 4aac8e6b54

Here. Hurry and click "Buy It Now" before they end!!!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks Elijah! I'll have to see what kind of money I have, then maybe I can buy a few of them!

I would love to see your entire Amityville collection Ken... you have a lot of stuff that I would consider rare!

As far as the 8mm film... I'm not sure how different it is from the film we've all seen, except that it's a "cut down" version of the movie... on the bottom corner it says "Selected Scenes" and I think it's like 48minutes, it says it somewhere on the front cover how long it is.

They have a few other horror films I remember seeing that were also on 8mm... I believe Jaws was one of them.

I WOULD watch it if I had an 8MM Projector, I used to have one years ago when I first saw the 8mm movie on Ebay but lost it somewhere when I moved.

elijah95912
Amityville Addict

Post by elijah95912 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Your Welcome Anthony. No problem. Your poor projector Its probably sitting in your old house somewhere. Lol

michele5196
Amityville Member

Post by michele5196 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 pm

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Wow... how exactly does it feel to lose your mind... :clap:
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 am

OMG you found the snow globe!!! AWESOME!!! I have to debate on whether or not I have the money to get it, but I think I might just have to buy it... god knows when anyone will find it again!!

Thanks so much =)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 am

Currently at $70!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah I won't be winning that bid lol too much money, if I had a lot of money I wouldn't care but... funds are tight lol good luck to anyone who bids on it!