Amityville Models/Dollhouses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re: Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Post by Amity108 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:29 pm

antny000 wrote:I can't help but think of the opening to Amityville 3D with that last photo.
I know right! Has that same glare.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:00 am

Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:18 am

Amityville 3-D is my favorite Amityville film! :D

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:58 pm

I actually just did a post on my facebook page about Robert Joy and all of the different horror/thriller films he's done. lol

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:41 pm

The possession is my favorite because I think it's scarier. As far as the houses' interior, I like the first one better.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

I've been addicted to 3-D since they've been putting it on the Encore stations. I think it's a pretty good story for something totally made up about the house, and it's also campy fun.

I think if I ever get the DVDs I may watch The Possession first and then the other two next, since that one is basically the DeFeo story and I think seeing that first might make the '77 movie scarier.

My favorite interior for the house is The Possession. The first movie's interior is creepier I guess because it's kind of run-down looking in the sewing room and attic, but then I always felt like it was kind of strange that they thought the house would look like that considering people had just lived in it recently. The DeFeos did not have it as a fixer-upper as the real estate agent calls it in the movie.:D

I wonder why they always had the basement be ugly instead of the way it was in reality, a nice finished club basement. I guess they thought it made it scarier to have it unfinished. Still, I hope if they ever do another AH version, or DeFeo family version, they will make the house as accurate as possible just to see how it translates on screen.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Dining room wallpaper. Looks a bit intense to me but it is what it is. I guess once its closed up, itll look better. Original trim and wainscoting is light blue but I'm going with a light grey.

As for the dining room chandelier, I am going to make that or rather similar to it. That one has 9 arms, the one I have has only 6 so I'm going to give it a try and create one and with LED lights.

This is what I'm gonna start out with....

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:39 pm

First section of waincoting done (almost).

Just have to redo the corner by the livingroom entry and fill in the joints with wood filler then touch up.

The color is called "mushroom" which is a brown with a grayish tint. Its the closest I could get to match the set.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:00 pm

I feel like a broken record every time I respond to your picture posts lol but it's coming along great, of course!

I'll be doing a few small things with my current project so seeing these gave me a little bit more inspiration to get cracking lol

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:15 pm

I thought I woud share how my current project is coming along... I haven't posted pictures in a while.

I covered the outside with brick, put up the porch railing and light above the front door. I also replaced all of the plastic window panes with a more sturdy plastic.

I'll start with the attic - these rooms are extras. I decided one would be a music room with drum set, guitar, keyboard, etc... and the other room would be sort of a mini movie theatre room. I had an old MP3 player, which I turned into a working projection screen.

Here's a short video of the projection screen while it's on. I played a few of my videos, including my visit to the Amityville houses with the main theme used as the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akWG7lRQHhA

Our staircase and living room.

Bathroom & Hallway

The bathroom is a room I made myself and it's removable, behind it is our Dining Room

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 pm

THAT IS AMAZING!! I like how you miniaturized everything! The posters, photos, DVDS....freakin awesome! I may try a few posters with mine. I was already thinking of shrinking some photos and framing them. You have done a lot of work to that house and looks great! Some of the photos was hard to tell if it was real or if it was miniature. Had to look for the dollhouse window lol

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Bathroom sink and tub....where did you get those? Is the sink actually a kitchen sink or was that sold as a bathroom sink? All the bathroom sets I come across, I dont like. I'm not a fan of pedestal sinks. I like something more modern like you have there. I'm going to have 3 bathrooms to do in this house when I get to the 2nd floor. The sinks are my biggest thing. Also want to find not only the tub like that, but a shower stall...possibly all glass. May have to make my own though. May even do it in miniature granite tile.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Oh and at the top of your staircase (the real one) is that an orb above your amityville house or is that a light that isnt on? Looks more like an orb to me.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks! I've been working on the house little by little. I got a gift certificate for Christmas and my bonus, so I bought a bunch of stuff. Lately I've been focusing more on the outside, because it's cheaper to get done lol I need to buy corner trim to cover up the corners and edges and I'll be adding a base with mulch, grass, hedges, BBQ Grill, etc... as far as the inside, I still need some light fixtures, then once I have all of those, I want to finish furnishing each room one by one and once that's done I'll do the kitchen. That whole room is a project on it's own with all of the cabinets and appliances I have to buy to match ours.

As far as the furniture, I tried to find whatever I could that's closest to what we have. Some things look really close and other things are similar but different color or shape, etc... but so far, I'm happy with it. There's a few other houses I'd love to build, but we have no room for anymore houses.

The bathroom sink was a separate piece, and yes, it's actually under "kitchen sink". They have 3 to choose from -

Stainless Steal - http://www.miniatures.com/Modern-Stainl ... 20821.aspx

Oak - http://www.miniatures.com/Oak-Kitchen-Sink-P19450.aspx

White - http://www.miniatures.com/White-Kitchen ... 19453.aspx

They also sell this one, but it's part of a cabinet set and you have to buy the base and sink separately.

Sink - http://www.miniatures.com/The-Kitchen-C ... 17327.aspx

Unassembled - http://www.miniatures.com/The-Kitchen-C ... 17306.aspx

Partially Assembled - http://www.miniatures.com/The-Kitchen-C ... 17305.aspx

The bath and toilet came with the pedestal sink you were talking about, I don't like the tubs with the legs on the bottom. The toilet, too... all of the ones I see have the wooden toilet lids and have flower designs on them, which I don't like, either lol however, this toilet does not open and close at the lid, like the others.

http://www.miniatures.com/Updated-Basic ... 23218.aspx

Also, they do sell shower stalls. Here's a few.

http://www.miniatures.com/Search.aspx?k=shower

And yes, that's an orb. I seem to catch them a lot on my picture camera. The first time we rented a cabin, some of the photos had a lot. I also have a video my partner took of our dogs with his phone and you can clearly see orbs floating in it. So it's not just my camera, it's his phone that they show up on, too.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Thank you! I'll have to get some ideas and start gathering after I come back from Jersey in a few weeks. I gonna try to get over into TR to get some updated pics of the house since there hasnt been any since last year and Ken hasnt been around.

I have a friend of mine that has some wild ass orbs in some of her photos. I'll post a couple here to show. The first one very much shows evil with the shadow. She says they dont bother her and theyve been in the house for 15 years. Dont know the history though and looks as if its been built in the early 60s.

And this one which I really like...

Its nothing she sees, she just gets a feeling and starts snapping pictures from the phone. I told her she should get a team of paranormal investigators in there.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:02 am

wow those are cool... yeah she should get someone in there to check it out, I've grown up in a few places where supernatural things have happened, I don't mint it as long as it's nothing like The Amityville Horror or anything like that lol

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:08 pm

antny000 wrote:wow those are cool... yeah she should get someone in there to check it out, I've grown up in a few places where supernatural things have happened, I don't mint it as long as it's nothing like The Amityville Horror or anything like that lol
I could handle Amityville anyday but certainly not anything like Poltergeist.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Hey Amity108, because I have an account for that dollhouse website with the bathroom sets, they send me monthly deals and coupons. They currently have 50% off 100+ select items and one of those items is the updated basic bathroom you wanted, with the modern looking tub and toilet.

It goes for $31.95 normally, so it would come out to around $15.97, which really isn't a bad deal, if you buy two, you'd basically be paying two for the price of one. Let me know if you want the coupon code, they send it to my mail and it's only valid until 7/14.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:36 pm

I came across some photos of that Jon Stewart model of the Amityville house. I don't think I've seen these photos or details before, but there's "Jodie" eyes in one window, "flies" on the window in another window... the wall of the staircase on the first floor has blood running out the wall and an upside down cross and I see a clock with 3:15...

I still think the house isn't detailed enough for the p rice it's being sold for, but it's still pretty cool.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=218213&page=7

I also found this photo on google image search, but the site it's apparently on doesn't work.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm

antny000 wrote:I came across some photos of that Jon Stewart model of the Amityville house. I don't think I've seen these photos or details before, but there's "Jodie" eyes in one window, "flies" on the window in another window... the wall of the staircase on the first floor has blood running out the wall and an upside down cross and I see a clock with 3:15...

I still think the house isn't detailed enough for the p rice it's being sold for, but it's still pretty cool.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=218213&page=7

I also found this photo on google image search, but the site it's apparently on doesn't work.

I think I've seen that before somewhere. Thats definitely a model and may even be one thats posted here before

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Bit of an update....All walls for the first floor are in place. Foyer and dining room wallpaper are done. Just have wiring to do inside the walls then detail. Last couple days I've been working on the dining room chandelier. I was going with a miniature replica of the '78 version. I'm posting pics of that now then I'll get pics of the 1st floor when its close to being done.

This is while I was working on it. Was not easy by any means. I went through 2 sets of lights. They are LEDS btw and will run off the 12V transformer with the other lights and turn on and off by light switch.

This is the chandelier in the dining room from the '79 movie.

And this is what I came up with.

I think the easiest part of doing this was the crystals.