Amityville Models/Dollhouses

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re: Amityville Models/Dollhouses

Post by Amity108 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:44 pm

antny000 wrote:haha I love it... you've seen my profile pic on Facebook, so you've seen what I did with mine.

I was on youtube and happened to search "Amityville Dollhouse" and came across another version of the house I would love to own - the dollhouse from the dollhouse movie! It looks like someone went ahead and built one and it's pretty spot on in detail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5Dg8ibCvY
lol yea its very close! Funny how the kid even fits right inside it!
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Looking good, Amity108! I like the Christmas lights. 8-)

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:Looking good, Amity108! I like the Christmas lights. 8-)
Glad you like it Brooke! Thank you!
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Amity108 wrote:
antny000 wrote:Whenever I think of Ronnie's room, I think of that "Now Now Darling" image lol
Lol me too but also vision that horrible polka dot wallpaper too. If or when I do the real house version, it will have all that in there though.
YES, you really should do a real house version too! Your dollhouse looks so great. I like the idea that you used Allison's wallpaper. You should really try to copy the other wallpapers of the original house too. It would be so awesome.
But anyway, thanks for your work, your Amityville movie house looks so cool too!!! :-)

And well, I first think of that "Not Now Darling" image too when I think of Ronnie's bedroom, LOL.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:04 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:
Amity108 wrote:
antny000 wrote:Whenever I think of Ronnie's room, I think of that "Now Now Darling" image lol
Lol me too but also vision that horrible polka dot wallpaper too. If or when I do the real house version, it will have all that in there though.
YES, you really should do a real house version too! Your dollhouse looks so great. I like the idea that you used Allison's wallpaper. You should really try to copy the other wallpapers of the original house too. It would be so awesome.
But anyway, thanks for your work, your Amityville movie house looks so cool too!!! :-)

And well, I first think of that "Not Now Darling" image too when I think of Ronnie's bedroom, LOL.
Thank you sir! On this house, the only wallpaper I'll be using out of the real house is Allison's room ( which is complete), Dawns room and maybe the master bedroom. Still not sure on that one but wouldn't be too hard to do. Right now I'm currently working on the back of the house and finishing the exterior without paint. Also had to redo the thickness of the roofline. Sunporch was redone and the kitchen balcony. I added 1/8" plywood so now the entire houses exterior is all wood except the main roof. The main roof will have an extra layer of foam board and all retrimmed all the way around. This will be as close to detail of the movie as i can possibly get it. The only thing I may leave alone is the front door overhang. I'll have pics soon.

themysticalcafe
Amityville Member

Post by themysticalcafe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Do any of you kow a good site to find info on how to do a dollhouse with foamboard?

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:41 am

Unfortunately the only plans I can think of is the paper model that was posted online, which could be made with foam board, but, it definitely wouldn't be dollhouse sized.

With all of the dollhouses being built, it's too bad an actual kit can't be created and sold.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

themysticalcafe
Amityville Member

Post by themysticalcafe » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks, Im not sure how to build with foam I always use wood LOL

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:01 pm

If you go to nearly the beginning of this thread, you'll get an idea. I've posted photos from the very first cut of foam board on this thread.

This was just after the first cut.

This was when I started cutting in for the windows on the front. They are dollhouse windows which have been reduced in size about 1/8 ".

This is how it looks today.

And this is how the back looks but with the siding all finished. I'm currently adding to the roof for a thicker roofline. Once that is finished, I'll then finish all the trim all the way around along with details and gutters on the back. The whole house is made of foamboard but covered with wood siding and pretty much wood everything.

kblur77
Amityville Addict

Post by kblur77 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:30 am

Is Ryan rebuilding his model?

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:31 am

kblur77 wrote:Is Ryan rebuilding his model?
I'd hope not! His crew did a shitty job on the windows. Looked like it was made of match sticks. I could build that creep a model and would be extremely accurate. Will also cost him plenty too! :twisted:

themysticalcafe
Amityville Member

Post by themysticalcafe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:43 am

Amity108 wrote:
I'd hope not! His crew did a shitty job on the windows. Looked like it was made of match sticks. I could build that creep a model and would be extremely accurate. Will also cost him plenty too! :twisted:

Approximatly how wide is your model I was thinking around 50"?

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:40 pm

themysticalcafe wrote:
Amity108 wrote:

Approximatly how wide is your model I was thinking around 50"?
Its a little over 2 ft wide and almost 4 ft in length including the sunporch.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 am

Update:::: I havent been working too much on it lately but here and there. As I was doing the siding on the back of the house and on the kitchen/ second level balcony, I came to realize that the roof line on both the sunporch, balcony and the main roof line of the entire house had to be thicker and trim needed to be redone. I knew the main roof had to be thicker but thought I could get away with it. I probably could have but as detailed as I tend to be, I made it happen.

Starting with doing the siding on the back.

The balcony door was made from scratch. It needs to be rebuilt because the window frame in the door came out uneven.

Trying to compare and just making it easier by setting my laptop on the chimney. Even though the core of the house is foamboard, what is built around it makes it much stronger! You can also see the old roof line and how thin it was.

Starting with the sunporch, I used 3/8" plywood to raise the thickness of the roof. The posts for the railing now seat into the plywood like a locking puzzle.

This shows the thickness on the sunporch roof line.

Now tearing the black cover paper off the roof so I can compress the second layer of foamboard.

The right side shows what I was aiming for. It was an experiment to see how I wanted the thickness to be as well as the trim and the clearance for the shingles. I need a really low profile shingle so they are not too expose from viewing either side of the house. The left side is where I came into an issue with uneven angles at the ridge. I thought I was going to have to redo the entire roof as well as part of the wall. Didnt have to do all that and just added a shim and some extra glue. Saved me from a bigger project.

New layer made thicker.

Front revealing the new eave. Had to made it thicker to match the rest of the house. Gutters had to be partially removed for this process.

Front now finished.

Back is nearly finished. Only thing left now is to locate where the pegs should go, gutters and railing for the back.

After the back side is done, I'll be putting on the shingles and finishing the dormers with siding. Shingles will also be wood and watercolored dark grey. After that, the entire house will have a wooden shell.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 am

Awesome!

Looks like you almost have the exterior done.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm

Great work!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Thank you Sherb! Thank you Anthony! Yes the exterior is almost finished. Still trying to hold back from painting it until everything outside and inside is complete. Only exterior painting done as of now is the windows, doors and the middle ridge front and back.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:54 pm

You're quite the artist! I wish I could make something like that. :)

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:30 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:You're quite the artist! I wish I could make something like that. :)
Thank you Brooke! :D

laflores15
Amityville Member

Post by laflores15 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Love the house I wish I could have one been looking no luck it sucks

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:34 pm

laflores15 wrote:Love the house I wish I could have one been looking no luck it sucks

Thank you! Chances are you wont find one unless you build one or until I ever finish mine and sell it. I havent worked on it since I last posted back in April.