The "Amityville Curse" house found !

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Yofriends
Amityville Member

The "Amityville Curse" house found !

Post by Yofriends » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 am

I finally managed to find the location of the house used in the direct-to-video movie "The Amityville Curse" (1989).

The movie was shot in Canada, and the house is located in the street of "Rue du Moulin", in the city of Saint-André-d'Argenteuil (Quebec, Canada).

Here are 2 screenshots of the house (click images to view fullsize) :

The house in the movie :

The house in Google Street View :

I know that this movie isn't very popular, but I think that now we have the location of all Amityville movie houses ! ;)

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Re: The "Amityville Curse" house found !

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:15 am

Good find.

Cool avatar!
"You told me the house was saved now."

TrainDispatcher
Crazy 'bout a Mercury

Post by TrainDispatcher » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 am

I remember watching that movie to about the halfway part, until I figured out who the killer was, then turned it off... Just wondering was this house supposed to be 112 Ocean or a different house that happened to be in Amityville?

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:02 am

Did anyone go through and see if they could see any film flubs where the street signs or business signs were in French?

sf_slayer
Amityville Addict

Post by sf_slayer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:19 am

TrainDispatcher wrote:I remember watching that movie to about the halfway part, until I figured out who the killer was, then turned it off... Just wondering was this house supposed to be 112 Ocean or a different house that happened to be in Amityville?

The book "Amityville Curse" had a team of psychic investigators go to 112 Ocean but the movie had the investigators go to a completely different house that was supposed to be in Amityville.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Little trivia fact about Amityville Curse. It is the only movie in the Amityville series that does not feature the house with a gambrel roof and quarter-round windows.
Every other Amityville movie contains at least one shot of it.
"You told me the house was saved now."

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 pm

You've been doing your homework, that's for sure! :D
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

Yofriends
Amityville Member

Post by Yofriends » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 am

Reg Read wrote:Little trivia fact about Amityville Curse. It is the only movie in the Amityville series that does not feature the house with a gambrel roof and quarter-round windows.
Yes, and I wonder why the producers of this movie decided to shoot in a completely different house?...
They really thought that the audience would make no difference between this house and the the real one?

I feel that they've made absolutely no effort to make this house looks like the one in Amityville...

Especially since I spotted in the same city two houses that look like more the real Amityville house than the one used in the movie!:

So, is it a deliberate choice of the producers or a very poor work of the location manager?... :think:

Axis
Amityville Member

Post by Axis » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 am

Yofriends wrote:
Reg Read wrote:Little trivia fact about Amityville Curse. It is the only movie in the Amityville series that does not feature the house with a gambrel roof and quarter-round windows.
Yes, and I wonder why the producers of this movie decided to shoot in a completely different house?...
They really thought that the audience would make no difference between this house and the the real one?

I feel that they've made absolutely no effort to make this house looks like the one in Amityville...

Especially since I spotted in the same city two houses that look like more the real Amityville house than the one used in the movie!:

So, is it a deliberate choice of the producers or a very poor work of the location manager?... :think:
Both? :think:

mamzou
Amityville Member

Post by mamzou » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:44 am

Hi , I live in Saint Andre and that white house is mine, been here for 18 years now and that is my old car in the driveway.