I See Something In The Home

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Re: I See Something In The Home

Post by DC Fan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 pm

ICghosts wrote:DC, are you looking at the picture of the house that is on the homepage of the website? It is the third window on the right, under the balcony. The entity's face takes up the four window squares at the top left. It is pretty clear, and you do not have to look hard to find it. Let me know if this helps.
IC: I'm using the same Newsday photo to which Sherbetbizarre has posted a link. I have a downloaded version that I never edit. That section has been interpreted in a different thread as resembling the nose and snout of some kind of animal and what I see there is more along those lines.

Sometimes I see what someone else sees and sometimes I can't. That's the nature of Pareidolia. This is compounded by the fact that sometimes a figure can be ambiguous, such as Batman's logo that is sometimes seen as a bat and sometimes a mouth.

So I really don't dispute that you see some kind of demon. What I would dispute is a conclusion that there exists some entity corresponding to it in real time and space looking out the window. Is this what you beleive?

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:50 pm

DC Fan wrote:
ICghosts wrote:DC, are you looking at the picture of the house that is on the homepage of the website? It is the third window on the right, under the balcony. The entity's face takes up the four window squares at the top left. It is pretty clear, and you do not have to look hard to find it. Let me know if this helps.
IC: I'm using the same Newsday photo to which Sherbetbizarre has posted a link. I have a downloaded version that I never edit. That section has been interpreted in a different thread as resembling the nose and snout of some kind of animal and what I see there is more along those lines.

Sometimes I see what someone else sees and sometimes I can't. That's the nature of Pareidolia. This is compounded by the fact that sometimes a figure can be ambiguous, such as Batman's logo that is sometimes seen as a bat and sometimes a mouth.

So I really don't dispute that you see some kind of demon. What I would dispute is a conclusion that there exists some entity corresponding to it in real time and space looking out the window. Is this what you beleive?
I also think it's just an reflection. It looks creepy because the photo is black-white. But I'm sure it's just a normal photo with no ghosts or demons and no Jodie.

Anarane
Amityville Member

Post by Anarane » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:34 pm

I have looked and looked and LOOKED at this image, but I just cannot see anything. :/

I don't believe in the supernatural at all, so maybe it's my closed mind prohibiting me. Heh. :P

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Anarane wrote:I have looked and looked and LOOKED at this image, but I just cannot see anything. :/

I don't believe in the supernatural at all, so maybe it's my closed mind prohibiting me. Heh. :P
Welcome :)

I agree with you. There isn't anything strange at this image.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Anarane wrote:I have looked and looked and LOOKED at this image, but I just cannot see anything. :/

Maybe, but I'm skeptical too and I see things. I just don't assume that what I see has to be an accurate depiction of reality, but it can still be fun. Maybe the problem is that you're just looking for something scary like this :twisted:

I find that I can't see just anything I want. I've been trying for a while to spot Scooby Doo in there because I think it would be hilarious, although I can see how some believers might not find it so funny.

The dog puppet in the quarter moon window on your left is best seen at 200% magnification. The pane at 30 degrees clockwise from bottom goes between his eyes near the outward edge.

Galatea
Amityville Member

Post by Galatea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

sswusfc wrote:Name is Nat, new to the board.
On the website of the late George Lutz (God Bless the Dead) is what George Lutz claimed is a Newsday file photograph of the house taken immediately after the murders. Lutz claims he saw "entities" on the photograph.
First, it must be emphasized that if you stare long enough at any photograph, you'll see virtually anything you want to. Second, I try very hard not to get caught up in this hysteria.
Third, the phoograph is obviously imperfect, an old printed photograph that was scanned.
However:
If I look under the right quarter moon window - the most famous quarter moon window in the world - at the window below it, when the photo is normal sized, it appears to me to look all the world like a middle aged man in a suit from the late 19th or early twentieth century. Much as I want to shrug it off, I simply cannot. The face appears to cover the entire top half of the window, the suit vest and tie the bottom half.
More to come on other things, but does anyone else see it?

Nat
Hi! Why don't you edit a copy of the photo, with all of the above things you mentioned circled, for other people to see?

sswusfc
Amityville Member

Post by sswusfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't have the software to edit it. But I see it nonetheless

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

sswusfc wrote:I don't have the software to edit it. But I see it nonetheless
If you have Windows you can edit it using MSpaint. go to your start button, then type "paint" or "mspaint" in the run field. when you open paint up, click under file, new then navigate to the picture.From there it's pretty simple to figure it out. :)

when you are done, click "save as", name the new photo then save as a ".jpg"
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

sswusfc
Amityville Member

Post by sswusfc » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks fo the tip.
i'll fool around with it on Sunday

Ectoplasm41
Amityville Member

Post by Ectoplasm41 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 am

I think everyone is reading too much into the picture of the house. I see what appears to be a man in a suit and a head, BUT, I also see what appears to be reflections of the light and tree branches in the window. Those two things alone can cast images that can make you see something that is not there. I've pointed this out many times on the Lizzy Borden Bed and Breakfast house. The only thing I can see that caught my eye (in which I can't explain--yet), is in the center window of the porch, top right. It appears to be a face with eyes and a nose, and maybe a beard when viewed with a picture viewer under magnification. Also, if you invert the color (white to black-black to white), then it may change your view on what you thought you saw. The two black lights in the window (inverted color) could be part of a candelabra, as I doubt they are part of the lights on the sign post outside. You be the judge.

pfl
Amityville Member

Post by pfl » Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm

just seems to be a person reflected fromt the street and perhaps lights from a news crew? I mean, after all this was the site of a massacre and i'm sure the next day there were cops, reporters and looky loos all around the house.

just my opinion.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 am

Winnebago!!! Nope... House... damn...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 am

TrainDispatcher wrote:I know the DeFeo's had mirror tiles on that wall, and did they have the window covered with mirrors, or was it exposed? (I never look at that picture of the bedroom since their bed was against that wall).
Yes they did, totally sealed up... This always bothered me about the Lutz's, why go on TV and say look at this picture, it moves around and sometimes there's spirits to be seen and other times not or whatever, as well as the Ghost-Boy photo and how it makes an unborn baby kick and whatnot, to me it almost makes them appear to be either delirious or hucksters... silly...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

Julabard
how strange...

Post by Julabard » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 am

I have looked at this picture for ages, several times and can still see nothing questionable.
This is similar to seeing animals in the clouds. I find it interesting not so much what people can see, but that different people see different things.
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!

Julabard
how strange...

Post by Julabard » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 am

The link to the Newsday picture has broken?? I need to see it :|
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!

AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 pm

I looked at the photo and I do see like someone standing there but it could be a reflection. I honestly can't say if it's a ghost or not. I mean it can be explained but I honestly don't think anyone will ever know for sure.