Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 pm

msmart112 wrote:
lizzyloo wrote:This photo was not taken in the T.V. room. If you look at the crime scene photos, the area in the photo looks like the foyer.
The picture was taken in the southeast corner of the living room.
But I have never seen a crime scene photo which shows the exact location. Maybe it's because the crime scene photo's of the living room have a very bad quality. (?)

User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1921

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by msmart112 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Here is a pic looking from the foyer into the living room...

Image

...this is definitely the west (living room) side of the foyer because on the east (dining room) side of the foyer...the carpeted stairway baseboard extended all the way to the dining room door frame.

In the above pic...you can see part of an octagonal table in the living room.

Here is a pic of the living room...

Image

...while double exposed...you can still make out a loveseat with an octagonal table on either side.

You can also see a window with a radiator below it.

The window is the first window to the left of the front door (if looking at the house from outside).

Not only was the picture of the kids taken in this location...but this is also where Dawn and Allison were situated for their portrait...as well as where Mr. DeFeo and Ronnie were situated for their portrait.
Image

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:12 am

Thank you for the pictures. :D :rotate:

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member
Posts: 82
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by ChristinaRenay » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 pm

This pic was taken 5 years prior to the murders for those of you who are unsure..

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 am

ChristinaRenay wrote:This pic was taken 5 years prior to the murders for those of you who are unsure..
How do you know? Sorry, I can't believe the picture is really from 1969. Ronnie looks much older than 18 and Dawn looks older than 13.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3101

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:07 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:
ChristinaRenay wrote:This pic was taken 5 years prior to the murders for those of you who are unsure..
How do you know? Sorry, I can't believe the picture is really from 1969. Ronnie looks much older than 18 and Dawn looks older than 13.
But the youngest boy does look like he is 4. There are many people who look older than what they are when around 18 or even 13.

User avatar
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989
Posts: 1184
Location: Scotland

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by Rokiisun » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:50 am

There are also people who look a lot younger than what they actually are too. I'm 22 but I still get mistaken for a teenager. Could be the same case of the kids in the picture too.

It's my guess they are about 11, 10 and 6 years old even though they look younger - but the only person who can give us a rough idea of the photo's age is Ronnie. I would guess 1971 (or between 1970 - 1973).
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member
Posts: 82
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by ChristinaRenay » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Yeah what they said ^ lol. I think they all look 5 years younger.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Rokiisun wrote:There are also people who look a lot younger than what they actually are too. I'm 22 but I still get mistaken for a teenager. Could be the same case of the kids in the picture too.

It's my guess they are about 11, 10 and 6 years old even though they look younger - but the only person who can give us a rough idea of the photo's age is Ronnie. I would guess 1971 (or between 1970 - 1973).
I would say the picture is from 1971 or 1972.

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member
Posts: 82
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by ChristinaRenay » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Does anyone know when the portraits of the family were made?

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 am

ChristinaRenay wrote:Does anyone know when the portraits of the family were made?
I don't know but I would say they were made around 1972.

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member
Posts: 82
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by ChristinaRenay » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 pm

I had just read somewhere that they were made in the early 70's. Which (I just noticed) but if you look closely on Allison & Dawns portrait you can see the year '1971' written next to a signature.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 pm

ChristinaRenay wrote:I had just read somewhere that they were made in the early 70's. Which (I just noticed) but if you look closely on Allison & Dawns portrait you can see the year '1971' written next to a signature.
Really? Do you have a good link of the full-size portrait? I've never seen a signature on the portrait before.
But perhaps I was just "blind". :)

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member
Posts: 82
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by ChristinaRenay » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:58 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:
ChristinaRenay wrote:I had just read somewhere that they were made in the early 70's. Which (I just noticed) but if you look closely on Allison & Dawns portrait you can see the year '1971' written next to a signature.
Really? Do you have a good link of the full-size portrait? I've never seen a signature on the portrait before.
But perhaps I was just "blind". :)
Here's the link:
http://www.amityvillemurders.com/portra ... ydawn.html
If you look in the top left hand corner you can see it. You might have to zoom in a little.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:17 am

Wow, you are right. There is a signature. Strange. I've seen the portrait so often but never noticed the signature and the year ("1971"). Thanks Christina! :)

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 am

Now we know the DeFeo portraits were made in 1971. And we know the age of the children, when the portraits were made.
So Ronnie was 20, Dawn was 15, Allison was 10, Marc was 9 and John was 6.
Louise was 40 and BigRonnie was 41. Good to know.

User avatar
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict
Posts: 687

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:Now we know the DeFeo portraits were made in 1971. And we know the age of the children, when the portraits were made.
So Ronnie was 20, Dawn was 15, Allison was 10, Marc was 9 and John was 6.
Louise was 40 and BigRonnie was 41. Good to know.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't it funny how the people on this board do WAY better research than those OTHER people?

ChristinaRenay
Amityville Member
Posts: 82
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by ChristinaRenay » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:57 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:Wow, you are right. There is a signature. Strange. I've seen the portrait so often but never noticed the signature and the year ("1971"). Thanks Christina! :)
In most of the pictures of that portrait online they have it cut out or the quality of the pic isn't that great, that's probably why. Your welcome! :)

User avatar
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict
Posts: 805
Location: Putnum County/Westchester County, New York

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by Jacobmarley1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 am

VintageBoy91 wrote:Now we know the DeFeo portraits were made in 1971. And we know the age of the children, when the portraits were made.
So Ronnie was 20, Dawn was 15, Allison was 10, Marc was 9 and John was 6.
Louise was 40 and BigRonnie was 41. Good to know.
God - Big Ronnie was 41. I"m 41, and my oldest child is 9. I couldn't imagine having children as old as Ronnie and Dawn today. Or five children. Or all that pressure. I'm surprised it wasn't the father who wiped eveyrbody out.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 am

Jacobmarley1 wrote:
VintageBoy91 wrote:Now we know the DeFeo portraits were made in 1971. And we know the age of the children, when the portraits were made.
So Ronnie was 20, Dawn was 15, Allison was 10, Marc was 9 and John was 6.
Louise was 40 and BigRonnie was 41. Good to know.
God - Big Ronnie was 41. I"m 41, and my oldest child is 9. I couldn't imagine having children as old as Ronnie and Dawn today. Or five children. Or all that pressure. I'm surprised it wasn't the father who wiped eveyrbody out.
I agree. Having 5 children (or more) must be a lot of pressure and effort.

Purka
Amityville Member
Posts: 3

Re: Picture of the DeFeo children / Location?

Post by Purka » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:13 am

Blackbic50 wrote:
Julabard wrote:The child in the middle looks creepy, like the face is pushed up against glass
Actually if you look closely the child looks like he may have some sort of actual physical affliction/ disability.
look at his hands and how they are bent in, and his legs/lower section.
I have a nephew who has some type of cerebral palsy and his physical appearance<not actual looks> doesn't differ too much from this childs.
I have not read much on the defoes does any one know if any of the children, this boy inparticular, did have any physical disabilities?

It's very obvious that all the three children in the background is just having fun infront of the camera. Get real !

Post Reply