Attempting to ebay one of my balls...from Amity house

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Attempting to ebay one of my balls...from Amity house

Post by AmityPhotos » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Times are tough this Holiday season (thanks to good ol property taxes), and I'm going to try and throw a few things on ebay. Going to throw on one of the decorative balls that I bought at the Amityville House at the tag sale. There always seemed to be an extra one in the bowl anyways. They all had bees on them (kind of look like flies), and for some reason one has dragonflies on it. I'm going to throw one of the flies up. I also have the photo from the tag sale website that I saved right after and should have a copy of the receipt somewhere in my files as well. Not sure if anyone is interested, but people seem to sell items 'supposedly' from the house all the time.

Here are a couple photos:

http://amityphotos.zenfolio.com/p393771501/e25b5888c

http://amityphotos.zenfolio.com/p393771501/e33787abc

ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0656624073
www.AmityPhotos.com

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Re: Attempting to ebay one of my balls...from Amity house

Post by VintageBoy91 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Nice

I like the "flies".

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:55 pm

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 am

That's awesome! Everything looks accurate, except for the ban on body parts. Type in 'human skull' and look at the highest priced
www.AmityPhotos.com

TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Post by TigresMeow » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 am

AP -

The title of your thread gave me a giggle....... :P
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:54 pm

I've seen that Amityphotos!

I wish I had been the first person to bid. I'm weird about eBay, I hate outbidding people unless I'm the first bidder, because I feel guilty/bad.

But if I see it gets more than one bid, I may try, or heck I might try even if it doesn't get more than one bid. I'll definitely keep an eye on it!:)

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:12 pm

AmityPhotos wrote:That's awesome! Everything looks accurate, except for the ban on body parts. Type in 'human skull' and look at the highest priced
Image ;)

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Um, that hasn't stopped anyone, not that I would know or anything. As long as the seller puts up 'for medical use'
www.AmityPhotos.com

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:01 pm

AmityPhotos wrote:Um, that hasn't stopped anyone, not that I would know or anything. As long as the seller puts up 'for medical use'
Seems kind of silly to be debating this since I was only joking about you selling human parts in the first place, but anyway just for the sake of knowledge...

Well see you can only sell medical use skulls and skeletons, nothing else. And they have to be of the obvious medical type. Meaning the bones are all professionally strung, wired and bolted together, the skull cap has the little metal clasp inserted etc. Like in this ad...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMAN-Skeleton- ... 53ea66a6de

Anything else isn't legal according to Ebays rules. Doesn't stop anybody from posting the banned items for sale since Ebay doesn't check what you post. But a lot of people will report you if you sell a banned item. Guns, lock picks, drug paraphernalia, etc are all banned as well, and you can find those posted on occasion as well but they never last long before getting reported and yanked.

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

I knew you were joking. Its just funny that you wrote the 'human remains' part. Cause something in my avatar may have been purchased on ebay and it wasn't the mouse. I heard they've gotten really strict, and you can't blame them. I bought a skeleton foot for an art project, it didn't go too well when my ex came home and found it in her high heels.

Here's another shot of it (had to photoshop away the wiring):

http://amityphotos.zenfolio.com/p172937638/e28133f91
www.AmityPhotos.com

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

AmityPhotos wrote:I knew you were joking. Its just funny that you wrote the 'human remains' part. Cause something in my avatar may have been purchased on ebay and it wasn't the mouse. I heard they've gotten really strict, and you can't blame them. I bought a skeleton foot for an art project, it didn't go too well when my ex came home and found it in her high heels.

Here's another shot of it (had to photoshop away the wiring):

http://amityphotos.zenfolio.com/p172937638/e28133f91
Nice foot! ;)

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm still really wanting to bid on that.......I wish someone else would outbid the first bidder, or just bid, so I won't feel like I'm being a bitch for outbidding the first bidder. :P

And I happen to like the design on the ball as well.....I like things with bees on them.....

Darn, why didn't I see it first?XD

I'm sure AmityPhotos would like more than one bidder though, so yes, I'm definitely wanting to bid, closer to the end of the auction (but not like a sniper...I hate the sniper bidding thing).

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Nice foot!
Thanks, I give all credit for the one on the right to my mom. The one on the left, ummmm....somebody else's mom.
I'm sure AmityPhotos would like more than one bidder though
Yes I'm sure he would as well. ;)
www.AmityPhotos.com

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:I'm still really wanting to bid on that.......I wish someone else would outbid the first bidder, or just bid, so I won't feel like I'm being a bitch for [sic] ...I'm definitely wanting to bid, closer to the end of the auction (but not like a sniper...I hate the sniper bidding thing).
That's all crazy talk, no offense meant, but you really have nothing to feel 'bad' about for bidding. Out bidding each other is the nature of auctions. Get in there and bid, you're doing nothing wrong out bidding the first bidder. As far as sniper bidding that's the way to do it , IMO. I always do that. I know the max I'm willing to pay and I literally wait until the last 3-5 seconds before I'll place my one and only bid for that max amount. And I don't always win, often the previous high bidder has his/her max set above mine. But doing it sniper style has three advantages, first you don't get in bidding wars that drive the price up long before it ends. Second you don't give yourself time to think about it and second guess your max amount and end up paying more than you should. And third sometimes you get a great deal by not giving the previous higher bidder time to up his bid if he didn't have it in there in the first place.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:54 pm

I never thought of it that way, eber. I guess I just think about how much it annoys me when people do the outbidding and sniping to me, so I don't want to do it to someone else. :lol:

Well there are more bids on it now so I did put a bid in, just to test the price, it's higher than what I put in, but I won't give up yet. ;)

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Oh my God Amity, your balls must really be something! lol! The bid is up to $61 now and that is for just one ball! Man, if I were you I would be selling all my balls if I had any balls! I bet this could bid up to close to $100 before the sale is over. I was highest bid for about a day!

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:37 pm

kathyM wrote: Man, if I were you I would be selling all my balls if I had any balls!
lol Kathy, I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes. :breakdance:

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:30 am

Balls sometimes command a high price on the ebay market.

If it does go for around $100, i may sell a second ball in a couple months - probably the odd ball with dragonflies on it. Depends on what my piece looks like minus both balls. ;)

Seriously though, I love the piece, so I'm not going to empty the bowl no matter the results
www.AmityPhotos.com

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:56 am

Currently I'm the high bidder but I don't expect that to stay.XD I'm sort of testing the price with my bids.

Well if I don't win this one I hope you will put up another one, not only because I love the house they came from but because I love the design on the balls! :)

Also it's nice to be bidding on something "from the house" from a seller I can trust.

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:58 am

Trust is one of the biggest issues with ebay. I try to do as much research as possible. When that Defeo funeral card was up for auction, I was looking up everything to see if it was real.

I once purchased a Susan Atkins (Manson Family) painting. I usually don't trust stuff like that, but by the seller's full name, I found out that she was doing a prison sentence at the same time it was supposedly painted and the same place Susan was incarcerated. Unfortunately, I've lost the seller's name, and have lost that part of the provenance

With this item, I'm sure I mentioned everything I purchased back when I got them.
www.AmityPhotos.com

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm

I won the auction! :love:

It looks like it was really close!

And it did go for over $100 so maybe you'll want to list one more some time so that whoever else wanted one will have a chance again.:) *kind of feel bad for the other people....^^;;;;;; *

I paid you, I hope everything went okay! :)