Pictures of inside the house 2010

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs

Pictures of inside the house 2010

Postby gazz123 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Hey guys.
Not sure if anyone's already seen these, but here's a link to photos of inside the house 2010.

http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/view ... =5&t=72572
gazz123
Amityville Member

Re: Pictures of inside the house 2010

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks. Yeah, these are the pics from when the house went up for sale. It was the public's first glance inside the house since the 80s or so. But for some reason I don't recall seeing that bottom photo of the kitchen before now. Maybe I just forgot...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Rokiisun » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:30 pm

I've seen these before. I know the walls to the original master bedroom and TV room have been knocked down to create the one giant room, but I'm still trying to figure out where the location of where Wilson's master bedroom was - looks like Ronnie's old room... but I could be wrong.

I also notice with the kitchen photograph there is a small portable television and no other televisions appear in the other photographs. I'm guessing Brian isn't a big television fan... :think:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Rokiisun wrote:I've seen these before. I know the walls to the original master bedroom and TV room have been knocked down to create the one giant room, but I'm still trying to figure out where the location of where Wilson's master bedroom was - looks like Ronnie's old room... but I could be wrong.

I don't understand. Are you saying you think Wilson slept in Ronnie's room instead of the revamped (larger) master bedroom?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Victoria Principles » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:15 am

Those photos look a lot like the ones that AmityvillePhotos took. The original poster admitted these pictures aren't his and lifted (ie stolen) them from a website. Most likely Amityvillephoto's website.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Anarane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 am

It's such a beautiful home. Easy to see how some can overlook it's gruesome past; a home that beautiful needs to be loved and enjoyed. :)

It is a rare picture of the kitchen, though - not seen that one very often (whereas the others are all over the place!). Also remember seeing a picture of Allison's room, which is now a study. Can't find the link now (if anyone has it, please share). I don't think they're AmityPhotos' shots, though; pretty sure these are the official real estate shots (correct if I'm wrong, AP.)

It took me AGES to place that huge master bedroom btw! For the life of me I couldn't get to grips as to where it was in the body of the house. Soon as I realised it was the old master and TV rooms knocked together, it fell into place. :)

p.s. You talk of 80s photos, Dan - any links? :)
Anarane
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Anarane wrote:You talk of 80s photos, Dan - any links? :)

Just talking in general terms. I think the Cromartys were the last to "open" their home to the media, and that would have been during the 80s. No specific photos in mind -- just various shots found in newspapers/magazines, like the shot of the Cromartys in the living room (which is part of an article we have in our newspaper archives). Which article? I forget offhand, but it's in there. And you might run into others as well.

Also, there could easily be photos from the 90s that I am either forgetting about or unaware of.

Anarane wrote:pretty sure these are the official real estate shots

I think you're right.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby elijah95912 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:37 am

Rokiisun wrote:I also notice with the kitchen photograph there is a small portable television and no other televisions appear in the other photographs. I'm guessing Brian isn't a big television fan... :think:

There is one other television in their master bedroom.
"Maybe I'm just chasing shadows"
elijah95912
Amityville Member

Postby Victoria Principles » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:01 am

The DeFeos were the ones that had a TV practicially in every room...in the days when most families just had one TV.

Brian Wilson really did a good job at renovating the house. It really wasn't that well taken care of (at least on the outside) before he bought it.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:06 am

My Mom keeps her TV inside a cabinet, and then opens the cabinet doors when she sits down to watch a program. Perhaps the same sort of thing is going on here, with the TV sets "hidden." Or maybe the house was "dressed up" expressly for these real estate photos, with the TV sets temporarily moved out of the shot and furniture rearranged.

I think it's a common practice for people to rent nice furniture in order to make their home look nicer to prospective buyers. So along those lines, maybe they decided the TVs kinda looked out of place, and had them removed?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Rokiisun » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I don't understand. Are you saying you think Wilson slept in Ronnie's room instead of the revamped (larger) master bedroom?

I was thinking so, but now that you mention it, I'm guessing the room with the double bed is a guest room?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby Dan the Damned » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Of course I have no idea, but yeah, I would imagine it was being used as just another bedroom (maybe a guest room). I just don't see any reason why Brian would have used any other bedroom as his own other than that large master bedroom.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Mary23 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 pm

I really like the pictures , the house is beautiful ... and I thought that the Defeo family were the only one to had a boat in the boat house but now I see that the the Wilson family had a boat there too ... I definitely want to live there in a future :P .
Mary23
Amityville Member

Postby Howard64 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Beautiful home! So nice in fact that one could find it surprising
that people were killed there once. It is a little too fancy for me,
I would be afraid I would break something. Not to mention I would be
obsessive about people taking their shoes off when they came indoors.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Anarane » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 am

FOUND IT! Here's that picture of Allison's room I was talking about:

The room I'd most love to see though? That infamous "sewing" room ...
Anarane
Amityville Member

Postby VintageBoy91 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 am

Thank you for the pictures. I already knew them but anyway. Today's house looks very beautiful. I would love to visit the place and the house someday.
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 am

Anarane wrote:FOUND IT! Here's that picture of Allison's room I was talking about:

The room I'd most love to see though? That infamous "sewing" room ...

I thought this would have been Missy's/Jodie's room since it's overlooking the boat house. I thought the sewing room would be on the opposite side.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby Anarane » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 am

Yeah, it is. :) Sorry if I wasn't clear - I didn't say that this room was the sewing room. I just said that I'd love to see what the room looks like now. Apologies for any confusion.
Anarane
Amityville Member

Postby Howard64 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 am

I still find it hard to picture ol butchie face walking around that very house
and murdering his family. It boggles the mind.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:36 am

Anarane wrote:Yeah, it is. :) Sorry if I wasn't clear - I didn't say that this room was the sewing room. I just said that I'd love to see what the room looks like now. Apologies for any confusion.

From what I read, the sewing room is part of the master bedroom. Brian Wilson knocked down the wall separating the two rooms and created a huge master bedroom taking up the entire half of that side of the house. There are photos of the master bedroom in a thread somewhere here.
Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 am

No, the wall of the TV ROOM was knocked down, and is now part of the Master Bedroom.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Next

Return to Amityville Photographs