So just what exactly was it that...

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
Doc_Foster
Amityville Member

So just what exactly was it that...

Post by Doc_Foster » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 am

...caught the attention of "Mr. John Clontz of the Deadly Shoals Haunted Trail, N.C." in the Newsday photo of the house? What exactly did he see? Has this ever been revealed?

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Re: So just what exactly was it that...

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it George who brought about the
idea that there was a different thing to be seen each day from that
one particular photograph? Maybe that's why it was published in the news?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Doc_Foster
Amityville Member

Post by Doc_Foster » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:26 am

Rokiisun wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it George who brought about the
idea that there was a different thing to be seen each day from that
one particular photograph? Maybe that's why it was published in the news?
Indeed, it was George. If you click on the link I've embedded in my original post (leading to this forum's "Newsday Photo" sticky), he wrote the following:

Something caught John's eye or senses or both and he asked to have another look at the photograph that we are now licensed to present here. We have discovered that there is much more here than just a picture of the "notorious" house and we ask you to examine it for yourself.

However, at least in his above post, George never elaborated on what it was specifically that John Clontz saw in the pic. Hence my question.

sswusfc
Amityville Member

Post by sswusfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 am

While more of a general reply, I believe this may cover the Newsday photograph as well.

The full text of the book is online, and like everyone else who was a teenager/young man in the late seventiies to mid eighties era, read the AH and reread it on the weekend.

The fact of the matter is that there is so much conflicting evidence, so many logical arguments on both sides of the fence, and Anson so thoroughly muddied the waters I don't believe we will ever know exactly what happened.

However - and you can read my other posts on this - the fact of the matter is that I see things in the photo I cannot explain. Other people on the board have called it my mind playing tricks on me. I don't accept that. I know what I see. I see six or seven things I cannot explain away to tricks of the light, shadows, reflection, etc.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:42 am

Stating that a photograph changes from time to time is really far fetched.

sswusfc
Amityville Member

Post by sswusfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:05 pm

I never said that happens. I said I see unexplained things. The same unexplained things

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 pm

A photograph doesn't change. I'm thinking it's linked to psychology where the more you stare at a photograph,
the more your mind reads into it too much. The brain starts to discover things that 'weren't' present in the photograph
before and then creates it as something else because it can't make much sense of the new discovery.

Happens to me all the time when I'm doing photography.
My mind likes to pick out one simple mistake which nobody else may notice but me.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:28 am

I believe the house to be a transformer, only in this pic... sometimes it's the house, then it becomes a Winnebago, then back to a house again... all very creepy... :fp:
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.