The Morning Call pictures on ebay

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
kathyM
Princess

Re: The Morning Call pictures on ebay

Post by kathyM » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 am

What is the building now? It looks like it is empty. What are the places next to it? Are they houses or are they houses that are now businesses?

Amityville_11701
Friendly Amityville Resident

Post by Amityville_11701 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:26 am

kathyM wrote:What is the building now? It looks like it is empty. What are the places next to it? Are they houses or are they houses that are now businesses?
Hi, kathy!

It's empty right now. I'm not sure if there are any plans for it or not.

I'm not sure what's in the two small buildings next to it. I've peeked in the windows on them a couple times, but there's just some stuff piled in the one closest to the old fire station. The large, white building at the end of the street is the "Amityville General Store". It's pretty neat. :)

There's really no residences on this part of Ireland. You have to go further down the road before you hit any houses.
My Amityville, New York Set on Flickr.com.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am

Ok, thanks! I hope I can come and take a tour for myself someday soon.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 am

Amityville_11701 wrote:Oh, I almost forgot about this. I grabbed a friend today and got a picture of that building. See? It's here, in Amityville. ;)

Yeah, that's me pointing at it, like a fool. :P
Nice picture! Thank you for sharing. :)

btw. I guess Amityville is a very beautiful city (from the pictures I have seen). I'd love to visit the place someday. :)

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Got these Off ebay for 14.95... :P COOL!!!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 am

"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Re: Got these Off ebay for 14.95... :P COOL!!!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Not too much to these pics, I have never seen this crime scene photo so if Newsday has misplaced the negative this may be the only one left printed off in the 70's... The door is just the door but I like what was written on the back Supposed door ripped off the hinges or whatnot, this is pretty cool as I presume this is after the Lutzes left but I don't see the aluminum storm door, did they chuck it? hmmmm...
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 am

Is that first picture from the night the police were called? The house seems so dark with no lights on inside. I wonder how come no lights are on. They probably were in the house investigating all night long right?

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:25 am

I know! It looks to me like it's VERY EARLY after the police were called before the forensic team may have arrived, possibly maybe even Butchie is next door at the Irelands(HQ) or that may even be him in the Driveway... Get my magnifying glass on that one... I like that the cop car is on an angle, this suggests that's the first marked car on Scene... very cool 7x9 pic that I have never seen before... :) This may even be one of the first pics taken by a news photographer(Or Bystandard and later sold to Newsday) of the begining of "The Amityville Horror" ever... they may have had a police scanner or were neighbours and were quickly on scene... neat-o...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah I see some people standing at the top of the driveway but cant see who they are. I always thought that all the lights were on in the house but maybe Ronnie turned them all off when he left the house?

Very good picture, thanks for posting it.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah, could be Joe Yeswitt and crew that came over with Butchie from the bar... I am 100% positive of one thing... the bodies are in the house...

The offical phone call logged by the Suffolk County Police Department came in at 6:35 p.m. on November 13, 1974.

It was surely dark by the time the police arrived, taped off the area etc... Maybe that's Butchie pounding the hood of the car and the guys are consoling him... heh heh... cool...

Shaggy isn't even in the Electra at this point... hmmmm...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 pm

You must have missed this thread!

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... f=8&t=9297

I'll join the two up later.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 pm

So nobody bought them?

That's Nutts! This guy doesn't re-print these pics, just sells the ones he gets from Newspaper Archives... Or so I'm led to believe... hahahahaaha I see that the guy paid $32.00 for it... heh heh I got a bargoon!!! hahaha well it's a very cool picture but its a scanned image front and back and have canceled my order... I would really like to find out who that is at the end of the driveway though... ;)

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Wait a minute, he was asking 32.00 but it doesn't say it was sold, just ended, this still could be a one off photo though... Could it not? Think I might take the chance on this one... ;) Just the fact that the only other place anyone has seen this pic is here and with that same ebay company leads me to believe he has only one, and I'm getting it... for 14.95 less than half of his orginal asking price! Bargoon! But if anyone sees it for sale again... post here with the link... :)

heh heh

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Wow, notice on the police car it says schools open. Weird seeing a bumper sticker on a police car.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Talked to the guy, it was definately a re-list, he only has the one... I still believe this to be one of the first Amityville Horror(Crime) pics ever taken... I gotta know who that dude is with the beard at the end of the driveway!!! The tall guy to his left(the pics right) looks like he could be a cop... Can't wait to scan and enlarge(Brighten/Clear) and really see... :)

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:You must have missed this thread!

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... f=8&t=9297

I'll join the two up later.
Just be sure to remove all my arguing with myself... :)

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Looks to me like three people standing there. I think it is a good buy.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:02 pm

tomspy77 wrote:Love these photos! Anybody here know how to scrub off watermarks lol? ;-)
I won't have too soon... :)

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah!! Very excited to see... :) Anyone know when the house was painted white? I think the pic I got of the front door was when the Cromarty's did the interviews to show that the door was not torn off it's hinges... any thoughts?

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:28 pm

kathyM wrote:Is that first picture from the night the police were called? The house seems so dark with no lights on inside. I wonder how come no lights are on. They probably were in the house investigating all night long right?
The lights were reported to be all on at the time of the crime(To clean up I assume) but I'm sure Butchie turned them all off when he was done, he's a freak like that... ahhhh OCD...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 pm

No doubt about that ocd thing. Ronnie was always commenting on how his family were a bunch of slobs but the pics of the inside of the house show a very neat and tidy house. Maybe he was the neat freak.