Post Sandy Original Amityville Movie House+Toms River

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post Sandy Original Amityville Movie House+Toms River

Post by VampireKen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 am

Here's some post-Sandy photos of the movie house and Toms River. These were taken the day after Sandy made landfall (Tuesday).

"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

antny000
Amityville Addict

Re: Post Sandy Original Amityville Movie House+Toms River

Post by antny000 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Well hopefully it was just the basement, which would still probably need work, but I would think not as much work as the first/second/third floor might need.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 pm

hurricane Sandy really wreaked havoc...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:23 pm

I'll be posting some more later

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks for posting these pics.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:29 am

Really good pictures!
Thankfully the place looks relatively undamaged. I wonder what this has done to the value of the property, if anything?
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 am

It looks like maybe a little roof damage.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am

The roof has been needing replacement for years! The house most likely had the basement completely submerged as well as at least 8 inches of water on the first floor. That house sits at the same height as my friends house on the water 30 some miles south of there. House in Amityville, no doubt, same thing. I'm just happy to see that there were no boats colliding into either houses as others around there werent so fortunate. :(
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 pm

The Price took a big hit from the flooding, last time i checked it was $800,000 something. Also, it looks like there was some work going on a few months ago.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Yea they will be at it for a very long time I'm sure. All the drywall/plaster will have to be replaced on the first floor at the least. Even just a few inches taken on the first floor will require it all to come out because of mold as with all the houses near the water at the shore are going through. The basement no doubt is a total loss.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 am

Just took a little stroll down Brooks Rd, and the house looks like it has fallen into total disrepair. The fence is broken and the gate swings back and forth, the roof looks pretty bad, also the house is more visible from water street now as there's no trees blocking the view, also the boathouse is visible now too from the street.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 pm

That's a shame, hopefully it gets fixed or someone buys it and fixes it up again. =(

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:59 pm

antny000 wrote:That's a shame, hopefully it gets fixed or someone buys it and fixes it up again. =(
To be honest, im not even sure who owns it right now. The "For Sale" sign has been taken down again, and the house looks pretty empty. The PODS trailer is still in the driveway but thats about it. Im not even sure which of the Fragrasso's own the house (since they kept saying it was the wife's house). Unless the bank has taken it over (which is strongly doubt). But if the house stays in the conidition it is, the price is going to keep dropping. My guess is that the family just wants to get rid of the house and dont feel like paying to beautify a house they dont want.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Well maybe someone will buy it and fix it back up, I sure hope so! I would if I had millions of dollars lol

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 pm

antny000 wrote:Well maybe someone will buy it and fix it back up, I sure hope so! I would if I had millions of dollars lol

Only $915,000 ;)

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:38 pm

For 915,000, with a bad economy, a house that size which now days, isnt really that big anymore, with flood damage and god knows what else, that kind of money isnt worth it. Only thing that is worth not even that kind of money is the property itself. NJ is so overpriced and overtaxed it makes me sick :x

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Amity108 wrote: NJ is so overpriced and overtaxed it makes me sick :x
All new houses in Toms River are built for Upper class families, many of the smaller houses that used to be around, especially when they filmed the Amityville movies have been bulldozed and replaced with Mcmansions.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes I know. Moving 6 Brooks Rd. over to being 18 Brooks Rd. was just the start of it. I remember back when Rt. 37 was only a 2 lane highway up to the Parkway headed east until they widened it back in the 80s. Had alot of memories in Toms River, Island heights and Seaside heights. I grew up 45 minutes inland in the pines (Chatsworth) I'm sure you've heard of it if you live in Ocean County. Spent many times (down the shore). :)

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 pm

VampireKen wrote:The Price took a big hit from the flooding, last time i checked it was $800,000 something. Also, it looks like there was some work going on a few months ago.
Funny how it's $800,000... if I'm not mistaken, Kathy in the first film says "But honey, $80,000? I mean... it may as well be $800,000."

I could be wrong though...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 pm

At first I thought you were talking to me! lol! I think they did say that in the movie.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 pm

antny000 wrote:
VampireKen wrote:The Price took a big hit from the flooding, last time i checked it was $800,000 something. Also, it looks like there was some work going on a few months ago.
Funny how it's $800,000... if I'm not mistaken, Kathy in the first film says "But honey, $80,000? I mean... it may as well be $800,000."

I could be wrong though...

lol yup. She did say that may as well be 800,000. Heh, may as well be! Drop it down another 700,000 and I'll deal with the flood damage lol I'll even put the facade back up and Dover Township can kiss it! :D