Post Sandy Original Amityville Movie House+Toms River

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Re: Post Sandy Original Amityville Movie House+Toms River

Post by VampireKen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Amity108 wrote:
antny000 wrote:
VampireKen wrote:The Price took a big hit from the flooding, last time i checked it was $800,000 something. Also, it looks like there was some work going on a few months ago.
Funny how it's $800,000... if I'm not mistaken, Kathy in the first film says "But honey, $80,000? I mean... it may as well be $800,000."

I could be wrong though...

lol yup. She did say that may as well be 800,000. Heh, may as well be! Drop it down another 700,000 and I'll deal with the flood damage lol I'll even put the facade back up and Dover Township can kiss it! :D
They changed it to Toms River Township about 6 years ago ;) I can see the house dropping dramatically if nothing gets cleaned up soon.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re: Post Sandy Original Amityville Movie House+Toms River

Post by Amity108 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 am

VampireKen wrote:
They changed it to Toms River Township about 6 years ago ;) I can see the house dropping dramatically if nothing gets cleaned up soon.
Toms River Township...heh who knew? Was easier to say and even write Dover. Ocean County has gone through tremendous changes over the years, why not a name change too? lol I sure hope someone gets in there and takes care of it. I cant see it going into foreclosure with the amount of money the owners must have to only use it as a Summer home. Then again, divorce could change all that around. Its going to take money to fix it back up and I'm not just talking about the outside. No doubt water also seeped into the first floor....at least a few inches and that alone is enough to have to rip out at least the bottom portion of the walls, the whole floor to the joists, appliances, and insulation on the first level.
Friend of mine down in Tuckerton had to do all that and their house sits up as high as the Toms River house from the water. The first level took on 8 inches of water. Insurance didnt give much but for the structure itself...not the contents. Contents even meaning the appliances. FEMA is nothing more than a joke too.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!