Amityville Model On eBay

For Discussion Of Amityville Photographs
antny000
Amityville Addict

Amityville Model On eBay

Post by antny000 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:01 pm

I've seen this model a few times on eBay, I was wondering if anyone had purchased one? Just curious if there are rooms/furniture on the inside.

My partner has told me I should make replicas of the movie house and sell them, I would consider doing it, but on a smaller scale and not the dollhouse sized one I currently have. Probably something closer to the size of this house.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows what's on the inside of these models this guy has been selling, if I didn't have my own model I would buy one of his!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amityville-Horr ... 4ac169f4cc
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Re: Amityville Model On eBay

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 am

No there is no inside. These things do not open up and certainly not worth the money hes charging. I give him an E for effort though. :clap: I read from someone who has gotten one of these and said they do not open. I couldnt help but contact the guy whos selling these on Ebay for the guy who makes them and told him that he seriously needs to watch the movie again cause it is WAY off from what the movie house looks like. I got a reply that I was being rude. lol Oh well, I was being honest. On the other hand, I checked on what the maker of this model did for other houses. Turns out he makes a lot of other famous houses and they look awesome but just cant get the Amityville house right. :hammer:
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 am

The model isn't even built yet. You pay that guy $400+ dollars, and in 6 weeks or so he'll send you a model that looks like it was made with popsicle sticks. If I was going to spend that kind of money I'd give it to one of you two. At least your models would be worth it.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 am

Lmao quotes! It does look like popsicle sticks. If I were to charge that much, I would do a much better job and do the interior as well. Thanks for the compliment! :)
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks! I've been building Amityville houses for so long, it's great to finally see I have one that's (near) finished. Most of them got ruined or left behind during a move... or just never completed.

This house isn't horrible, but, I didn't look at the price when I had posted the link last night... and yeah, that's a bit much for a model that size and isn't exactly detailed.

I wouldn't mind building mini replicas of the movie house myself, and I would make sure they matched the house. Not sure how much it would cost off hand though, I would have to figure out how much supplies would cost.

I think some of us on here could do a more accurate job for that kind of money lol

I'd seen them up on ebay before... I thought someone on here had purchased one... hmmmm I'm gonna have to do some searching on the board now!

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm still trying to find that thread. lol I know someone on here bought one, and posted photos.

I remember the eBay listing said it had something "special" and when the person recieved it, it turned out that there were two tiny red eyes, much like the ones Kathy sees in AH79, in the attic bedroom.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Yea theres 2 red eyes in one of the windows. I think its in one of the quarter-rounds. He gives the option of either having LED lights by fiber optics or none at all. He didnt turn out so great on the Amityville house but did awesome on some other houses he did. If I can ever find them, I'll post the pics. I think one was of the psycho house, another of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation house complete with all the Clark Griswald lights and Randy Quaids motor house emptying his shitter into the storm drain. lol Another is the house in Alone at home...i think.

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Nevermind the Psycho house and the home alone house. I thought it was one he did but isnt. There are others that are much better listed below. This one is of Michael Myers house used in the first Halloween Movie. I checked on this house out of curiosity and found that it does still exist in South Pasedena, Ca. and is now used as a doctors office. This house also has been moved from its original location and now is located closer into town in a commercial district. This house also has a replica built by a huge Halloween fan modified the interior to todays living standards and currently lives in it in North Carolina and even offers tours on Halloween. After finding all this out, I wanted to see if anyone had created a replica of the Amityville house (lifesize) which had brought me back onto this board and back into the interest of Amityville and building another house. Otherwise my templates from my last house would still be in a box in the attic.

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Clark Griswald Lives on!!

All lit up...

Family dude....Family Dad....NO! Its Family Guy! lol

Freddy Krueger visits here often.

Last but not least ( and I love this one), the Poltergeist house! Theres more pics of all these houses but I only grabbed a few to show you all. This one in the back view even has the dug out pool. lol Out of all these, I just dont get why he didnt get detailed with the Amityville house. :x