Dawn Defeo - profile

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi, I bought a lot of files and documents off of someone from the internet over a year ago now. There was a written interview with Barry Springer over the phone. The things that I have written are what Barry Springer said about Dawn.
You are probably right about them not being true, as when Barry was asked if he had met Geraldine prior to the murders, he said he met her once but he didn't really know her.
This was in 1988 when Ronnie was getting Barry to help him find out where his old friends where. I even have a letter that was posted to Ron from Eileen Hicks saying she did not know where Steve was, but had left a message for him at his work. I have copies of affidavits also saying that they were pressured to say things about Ron to make him seem like an irrational person? I just thought I might be able to share some of this stuff on this forum. I haven't come on here to offend anyone, or get in any arguments. I think Dawn probably was a very nice person.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Anarane » Mon May 02, 2016 1:28 pm

It's okay, Buick - I don't think you're offending anyone! :)

These documents/letters seem fantastic. Can't speak for everyone, but I'd love to see as much as you're willing to share. I know everything has to be taken with a pinch(bucket)(skip) of salt where RDJ is concerned, but it would be really interesting to see some more primary evidence/info.

You bought this stuff a year ago, you say? I know you wish to keep the seller anonymous (and I agree), but it's curious that someone other than people here would have such a huge glut of first-hand Amityville stuff like this. Am really curious about what you have, particularly as you seem to have RDJ letters, original photos etc. Extraordinary find!
User avatar
Anarane
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby scipio-USMC » Mon May 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Buick - 1975 wrote:Hi, I bought a lot of files and documents off of someone from the internet over a year ago now. There was a written interview with Barry Springer over the phone. The things that I have written are what Barry Springer said about Dawn.
You are probably right about them not being true, as when Barry was asked if he had met Geraldine prior to the murders, he said he met her once but he didn't really know her.
This was in 1988 when Ronnie was getting Barry to help him find out where his old friends where. I even have a letter that was posted to Ron from Eileen Hicks saying she did not know where Steve was, but had left a message for him at his work. I have copies of affidavits also saying that they were pressured to say things about Ron to make him seem like an irrational person? I just thought I might be able to share some of this stuff on this forum. I haven't come on here to offend anyone, or get in any arguments. I think Dawn probably was a very nice person.


One issue is that you don't know the files are genuine they can be entirely made up. in court documents must be authenticated to get them admitted.

Another problem is that even if genuine people can be wrong about what others said to them which is why hearsay is not admissible.

Yet another problem is that the documents can have outright lies not merely speculation and honest mistakes. Barry Springer lied consistently in his efforts to help DeFeo and in 2003 admitted he had been lying.

The Night The DeFeo's Died referenced supposed legal documents that were clearly fabricated. They supposedly were notes taken from witnesses by DeFeo's first lawyer. The form of the is all wrong and the contents ludicrous. The explanation of what was done with them was even more ludicrous. Allegedly he filed a disclosure motion to have himself deposed to get them admitted into evidence. The court records reflect no such thing and for good reason there is no such thing as a lawyer deposing himself to get evidence admitted. These records magically appeared after the lawyer's death so he was unable to deny he wrote them.

That is just the tip of the iceberg as far as things fabricated in this case so you could have things fabricated long ago for DeFeo's benefit or recently to cheat you.

Needless to say you need to be careful about relying on them too much.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Anarane wrote:It's okay, Buick - I don't think you're offending anyone! :)

These documents/letters seem fantastic. Can't speak for everyone, but I'd love to see as much as you're willing to share. I know everything has to be taken with a pinch(bucket)(skip) of salt where RDJ is concerned, but it would be really interesting to see some more primary evidence/info.

You bought this stuff a year ago, you say? I know you wish to keep the seller anonymous (and I agree), but it's curious that someone other than people here would have such a huge glut of first-hand Amityville stuff like this. Am really curious about what you have, particularly as you seem to have RDJ letters, original photos etc. Extraordinary find!


hi Anarane, thanks for showing an interest in these letters etc.
The seller was in contact with Ronnie to write a book, the letters also show that Ronnie wanted him to find his old friends etc. The documents I have could have only been obtained with Ron's agreement. Also I have copies of all letters sent, phone records, Original letters with envelopes stamped Sullivan Correctional Facility and dated, family estate documents, copies of Ron's fan mail, copies of letters from Geraldine, court transcripts, letters from Suffolk County and Father McNamara etc.
I took a gamble on these and I'm glad I did.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Buick - 1975 wrote:copies of letters from Geraldine

Does she play it up as being the "wife"?
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:52 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Buick - 1975 wrote:copies of letters from Geraldine

Does she play it up as being the "wife"?


No, the name she has put on the top left of the envelopes are Geraldine Romondoe. I will have to have a good look at the other documents.

Image

ImageImage


Image
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby scipio-USMC » Wed May 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Buick - 1975 wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Buick - 1975 wrote:copies of letters from Geraldine

Does she play it up as being the "wife"?


No, the name she has put on the top left of the envelopes are Geraldine Romondoe. I will have to have a good look at the other documents.


She could not use the DeFeo name because she wasn't married to him. She didn't want to use Gates which would give away she was married to a different man. So she used Romondoe which also happened to aid their bogus tale of nonexistent brother-in-law Richard Romondoe...

It's amusing or putrid depending on whether you are a romantic or not watching them lie saying they love each other. Needless to say I would take anything either claimed with a grain of salt.

Take note that in the documentary Shattered Hopes she was billed in the credits as Geraldine DeFeo-Gates though it is a name she never used. That was done to try to give her credence by pretending she was his wife at the time of the murders. They felt billing her with the last name DeFeo helped to bolster her lies. That just goes to show how full of crap the documentary is that they couldn't even bill her by her real name.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby horsysauce » Sat May 07, 2016 7:08 am

Buick - 1975 wrote:
Anarane wrote:It's okay, Buick - I don't think you're offending anyone! :)

These documents/letters seem fantastic. Can't speak for everyone, but I'd love to see as much as you're willing to share. I know everything has to be taken with a pinch(bucket)(skip) of salt where RDJ is concerned, but it would be really interesting to see some more primary evidence/info.

You bought this stuff a year ago, you say? I know you wish to keep the seller anonymous (and I agree), but it's curious that someone other than people here would have such a huge glut of first-hand Amityville stuff like this. Am really curious about what you have, particularly as you seem to have RDJ letters, original photos etc. Extraordinary find!


hi Anarane, thanks for showing an interest in these letters etc.
The seller was in contact with Ronnie to write a book, the letters also show that Ronnie wanted him to find his old friends etc. The documents I have could have only been obtained with Ron's agreement. Also I have copies of all letters sent, phone records, Original letters with envelopes stamped Sullivan Correctional Facility and dated, family estate documents, copies of Ron's fan mail, copies of letters from Geraldine, court transcripts, letters from Suffolk County and Father McNamara etc.
I took a gamble on these and I'm glad I did.


I wouldn't say that these are probably the real thing. There is quite a lot of phony documents regarding the marriages and things of that nature and these are probably one of them.
horsysauce
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:20 pm

These are honestly genuine. I have genuine letters from Suffolk County and documents which could only be got with Ron DeFeo's signature. Letters from Father McNamara and copies of letters from Fox News that Ron photocopied himself.
Complaint letters to Geraldine Gates. This is a large boxful of old documents that are not on the Internet. Crime scene/morgue photos also that are not on the Internet.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat May 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah, these are definitely real, and coming from a time documented in The Night The DeFeo's Died (the only interesting thing in that book)

What were the complaint letters about?
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks Sherbetbizarre for saying that you can see that the documents are genuine, I was getting a bit frustrated reading that they may be fake. These documents as you have seen are impossible to fake, people wouldn't have the information for starters.
The typed document I am looking at now about Geraldine must have been craftily typed to try and make Ron's Romondoe lies look more believable. As a little of it says: Mr. Жжжж, Geraldine Gates is deliberately withholding evidence involved in a mass murder which happened on November 13, 1974 and Richard Romondoe her brother was present with myself when the alleged crime happened, and who can clear me of the murders.
There are other letters where he is complaining about her taking some burial plot and saying she told him Peter DeFeo died.
There is a lot of really good stuff in my opinion in this box. All I wanted to do was share some of it. I know there are a lot of liars about but I am not one of them. Thanks.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat May 07, 2016 3:20 pm

It's interesting to speculate whether Ric Osuna had this material when he was writing his book - because he certainly kept quiet about Ronnie and Gerri falling out over this! I guess she verbally agreed to help Ronnie win a new a trial, but then backed out at the last minute.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:35 pm

I think it is very likely he had some of this stuff. I remembering hearing somewhere about some documents allegedly taken from Barry Springer when he fell asleep. I know Barry Springer had a copy of the interview I put up on here - maybe he got that. It is interesting reading these letters where Ron is saying bring Barry with you when you come and visit me, or go to the video store and meet Geraldine etc.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat May 07, 2016 4:18 pm

It's funny to think Ronnie was trying to coordinate all this from prison, and even Geraldine had stopped helping - which appears to be the very reason she got involved with him in the first place!
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:38 pm

It is quite surprising the amount of people who were helping Ron with this. I don't know how far Geraldine went out of her way to help Ron. I have a letter from Grace Fagan that is obviously typed by Ron, it has the usual apostrophes in the wrong places and certain words underlined like in his handwritten letters. The letter is in a small envelope and could have been hidden in a larger letter. I think Geraldine probably received this smaller letter in a larger envelope and then posted it to look like it was from Grace Fagan.
Also there is a letter from Geraldine to Ron talking about how her brother will win his case for him etc. It is like they were hoping that people were checking the letters to Ron, so that people might think there was some truth in the Romondoe story. Also giving out these letters to people who could help Ron, so as to make them believe the lies.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby jimmysmokes » Sat May 07, 2016 6:47 pm

how could it be from Fagan if typed by ron?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun May 08, 2016 3:55 am

Buick - 1975 wrote:I have a letter from Grace Fagan that is obviously typed by Ron, it has the usual apostrophes in the wrong places and certain words underlined like in his handwritten letters.

In her 2002/3 emails to me, Geraldine still claimed to be good friends with Grace, even faking an email from Grace to her, complete with the same spelling mistakes, sentence structure and unique font (she just changed the colour!)
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby horsysauce » Sun May 08, 2016 5:34 am

Buick - 1975 wrote:These are honestly genuine. I have genuine letters from Suffolk County and documents which could only be got with Ron DeFeo's signature. Letters from Father McNamara and copies of letters from Fox News that Ron photocopied himself.
Complaint letters to Geraldine Gates. This is a large boxful of old documents that are not on the Internet. Crime scene/morgue photos also that are not on the Internet.


A lot of those documents such as affidavits from certain parties involved, have been proven false and doctored by others working for Ron. So once again I would say that these letters from this Geraldine Gates are probably bogus.
horsysauce
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby Buick - 1975 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:11 am

the copies of Geraldine's letters were photocopied by Ron himself and given to the man that wanted to write the autobiography of Ronald DeFeo.

here is a copy of the letter Ron sent to Grace Fagan

Image
Image
Image

Then here is the supposed letter from Grace Fagan which I think was really typed by Ron and then probably sent to the writer, by Geraldine or Barry

Image


Image
Image
Image

Strange how Grace Fagan has all this information, also I read on this forum that she went to secretarial school with Dawn.
Buick - 1975
Amityville Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun May 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Cheers for that - I edited the last part in its correct place - and yes, definitely not written by Grace... I wonder how Ronnie thought he'd get away with it.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun May 08, 2016 3:20 pm

horsysauce wrote:A lot of those documents such as affidavits from certain parties involved, have been proven false and doctored by others working for Ron. So once again I would say that these letters from this Geraldine Gates are probably bogus.

Yes, he's saying these are genuine original documents from Ronnie's late 80's attempt to free himself - but the content is indeed fabricated by Ronnie and Gerri.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 10:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group