Dawn Defeo - profile

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by VintageBoy91 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Btw.do we know when and why Dawn changed the school and started going to the local High School and not to St. Martin of Tours anymore? Why did she not graduate at the catholic private school?

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:58 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:Btw.do we know when and why Dawn changed the school and started going to the local High School and not to St. Martin of Tours anymore? Why did she not graduate at the catholic private school?
It is a k-8 grammar school not a high school. The closest Catholic High School in Suffolk County is in Brentwood which was a dump then and is still a sh!thole today.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:46 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
VintageBoy91 wrote:Btw.do we know when and why Dawn changed the school and started going to the local High School and not to St. Martin of Tours anymore? Why did she not graduate at the catholic private school?
It is a k-8 grammar school not a high school. The closest Catholic High School in Suffolk County is in Brentwood which was a dump then and is still a sh!thole today.
Thanks for your answer scipio! :-)
I didn't know that.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm viewing a flat tomorrow that has a st. Martin of tours church round the corner.
The first thing that came to my mind was, 'Ah, I'm sure thats the name of a catholic school in
amityville.'
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:07 am

Do we know the name of the schools in Brooklyn which Ronnie and Dawn attended before the family moved to Amityville? Ronnie and Dawn were already students in elementary / middle school before 1965 so I wonder if there are class photos existing from their Brooklyn time? Maybe the schools there have an (online) archive and we can find new pictures? We just have to know the name of the schools.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:38 pm

You can find out the school catchment areas by knowing the street name or
location in Brooklyn the family stayed. Catchment areas change over time to
accomodate more or less students so it would just be a case of searching up
what schools served the area the Defeos lived in.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:51 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:Do we know the name of the schools in Brooklyn which Ronnie and Dawn attended before the family moved to Amityville? Ronnie and Dawn were already students in elementary / middle school before 1965 so I wonder if there are class photos existing from their Brooklyn time? Maybe the schools there have an (online) archive and we can find new pictures? We just have to know the name of the schools.
Catholic Schools did indeed take class photos and have year books but you are not going to find them online. Nor will you find any archive information. School libraries had yearbooks form a few years prior but that's about it so you are unlikely to find anything even by personally visiting the school. Now that I dashed your hopes, the school was St. Jerome's

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:50 am

Boshagirl has a friend who knew Ronnie and Dawn and he described Dawn as "weird", but wouldn't elaborate on that.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Boshagirl has a friend who knew Ronnie and Dawn and he described Dawn as "weird", but wouldn't elaborate on that.
I heard about that too. Booshagirl wrote about him a few years ago. But since then I never heard something new from her friend. I wonder what he means with Dawn was weird? He didn't say an exact definition of weird. :think: ;)

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:03 pm

The article has numerous errors but as far as the photos go they seem to be more recent than many floating around. Looks like Dawn began losing her baby fat and Allison isn't by any stretch beautiful.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B-LiOWHSedc/T ... rders_.jpg

litown
Amityville Member

Post by litown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:05 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:The article has numerous errors but as far as the photos go they seem to be more recent than many floating around. Looks like Dawn began losing her baby fat and Allison isn't by any stretch beautiful.

I don't believe that's actually the DeFeo family, I think that's something that was created for the 2005 movie.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:51 am

scipio-USMC wrote:The article has numerous errors but as far as the photos go they seem to be more recent than many floating around. Looks like Dawn began losing her baby fat and Allison isn't by any stretch beautiful.

Good one, Corporal Scippy. Of course it's more recent, those photos were taken a decade ago and are not the DeFeo's. Same your breath, you were just kidding here? Right? :fp: :roll:

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 am

Too bad that we don't know if Dawn attended the secretarial school voluntarily or whether her parents forced her to attend it? It would interest me. We know that the Florida story is a lie but maybe she reallly had other dreams or wanted to go away and live a free life, like it is the dream of many young girls.
I would also like to know what her favorite subjects in high school were. Too bad its hard to find answers for this.
I would like to see an interview with Grace Fagan, but I think that will never happen.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 am

litown wrote:

I don't believe that's actually the DeFeo family, I think that's something that was created for the 2005 movie.
I didn't see the 2005 movie so didn't know they made a whole fake newspaper. If they bothered to go through using the real gun you would think they would use the real photos. No wonder the kids looked so much older since it wasn't them. Also explains why they got the names of some of the kids wrong.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:02 am

I would like to hear from Grace too. She would be an interesting interview. We could hear the true story and not what people just think Dawn was like. Grace hung out at the house too so she would have an insider's view of the DeFeo's life.

t00nCiNaToR
I Kick Ass for the Lord!

Post by t00nCiNaToR » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:21 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
litown wrote:

I didn't see the 2005 movie so didn't know they made a whole fake newspaper. If they bothered to go through using the real gun you would think they would use the real photos. No wonder the kids looked so much older since it wasn't them. Also explains why they got the names of some of the kids wrong.
Hahahaha They made Death certificates as well... lol
"It happened so quick. I mean, it was boom, boom, boom. From the first killing to the last, it never took any longer than seven seconds,
it would be alot, that would have been alot. Seven seconds." - Ronald J. DeFeo Jr.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:38 am

t00nCiNaToR wrote:Hahahaha They made Death certificates as well... lol
I thought it was a movie about the hauntings I didn't realize it was another Montelli possession film.

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Post by Mary23 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:55 am

Scipio, It is a movie about the hauntings and the Lutz family story but the movie start with the murders and through the film, the DeFeo family is mentioned, there is where that fake article about them that you posted, appear.

Regarding Dawn, I think that speculate about her too much would feed the confusion even more, she just seems a quiet girl and Allison too, even though, I also wish an interview of Grace to know the family more.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Mary23 wrote:Scipio, It is a movie about the hauntings and the Lutz family story but the movie start with the murders and through the film, the DeFeo family is mentioned, there is where that fake article about them that you posted, appear.

Regarding Dawn, I think that speculate about her too much would feed the confusion even more, she just seems a quiet girl and Allison too, even though, I also wish an interview of Grace to know the family more.
I don't know if she was quiet or not and honestly don't care since it makes no difference, she didn't deserve to be murdered in either event.

he simple fact is that peopel curious what she was truly like will never know. The best chance to get accruate tales is Fagan or the family but even that is subject to the memory limitations and subjective opinion. I only remember a handful of things about people I knew growing up. The incidents I could describe to try to let other make their own decision instead of giving my own are very limited. So I have my doubts Fagan could at this late date give many examples to illustrate what she was like.

I personally don't think Allison was that cute let alone beautiful. But it is all relative, Gerladine is an ugly hag so to her just about anyone is beautiful. Again though since she didn't even know the victims and is just making crap up there is no reason to believe the claims at all. Just like all her tales about the DeFeo parents are made up by her.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Post by VintageBoy91 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:34 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:
Mary23 wrote:Scipio, It is a movie about the hauntings and the Lutz family story but the movie start with the murders and through the film, the DeFeo family is mentioned, there is where that fake article about them that you posted, appear.

I don't know if she was quiet or not and honestly don't care since it makes no difference, she didn't deserve to be murdered in either event.

he simple fact is that peopel curious what she was truly like will never know. The best chance to get accruate tales is Fagan or the family but even that is subject to the memory limitations and subjective opinion. I only remember a handful of things about people I knew growing up. The incidents I could describe to try to let other make their own decision instead of giving my own are very limited. So I have my doubts Fagan could at this late date give many examples to illustrate what she was like.

I personally don't think Allison was that cute let alone beautiful. But it is all relative, Gerladine is an ugly hag so to her just about anyone is beautiful. Again though since she didn't even know the victims and is just making crap up there is no reason to believe the claims at all. Just like all her tales about the DeFeo parents are made up by her.
But Dawn was not just a classmate of Grace. It is normal to forget some classmates after 40 years. But Dawn and Grace were best and close friends from what I have heard and read. And Grace also knew her family and saw the daily life at the DeFeo household. I could imagine she still knows some details about Dawn and her family even after 40 years. You never forget your best childhood friend. She must have been very close to the other family members too, if she even appeared on some family photos (the photo in front of the swimming pool).

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Post by Mary23 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm

VintageBoy91 wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:

But Dawn was not just a classmate of Grace. It is normal to forget some classmates after 40 years. But Dawn and Grace were best and close friends from what I have heard and read. And Grace also knew her family and saw the daily life at the DeFeo household. I could imagine she still knows some details about Dawn and her family even after 40 years. You never forget your best childhood friend. She must have been very close to the other family members too, if she even appeared on some family photos (the photo in front of the swimming pool).
Yes exactly, she wasnt just a classmate or some girl that she knew and is hard to forget things of close friends, if other people that met the family remember things about them, is possible that Grace remember something too , maybe not everything but most of it that can help to clarify a lot of things. And is true, it makes not difference, but since everyone here is investigating the case, the personalities of the members of the family are intriguing and thats why everyone wonder how they were and what they liked to do. Personally, that is not something that interested me a lot because yes it makes not difference, but in the end, I hope to know more about them someday.