Dawn Defeo - profile

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Mary23 wrote:Yes exactly, she wasnt just a classmate or some girl that she knew and is hard to forget things of close friends, if other people that met the family remember things about them, is possible that Grace remember something too , maybe not everything but most of it that can help to clarify a lot of things. And is true, it makes not difference, but since everyone here is investigating the case, the personalities of the members of the family are intriguing and thats why everyone wonder how they were and what they liked to do. Personally, that is not something that interested me a lot because yes it makes not difference, but in the end, I hope to know more about them someday.
Fagan no doubt has had many friends since then. I barely rememeber my college friends (who I was with all day and night) other than in general terms let alone my neighbors who lived across the street from 8-12th grade despite the fact I was constantly over their house and they even had sleepovers. All I remember about the sleepovers was one occasion where we were playing with guns that shot rubber bullets so getting screamed at by their parents for waking them up and making so much noise. The main reason I recall that is his mom had this almost see through skimpy nightgown on with no bra so I saw nipple. Aside from remembering in general terms what we liked to do hanging out I don't have very many specific recollections about them or their family.

My memory of facts is amazing. Not only facts like historical ones or law though, truly useless ones that there is zero point in memorizing because knowing them is even more worthless than being able to name all the presidents in order. Freshman highschool Spanish class our book contained sketches to read to try to teach us dialogue. Each involved 2 people having a coversation. My partner was Tony. He was pestering me to go ski with him in Spanish. All I had to do was read the responses to his pestering. I still remember my lines word for word all 20 lines. The only reason I know he was my partner was because my lines include calling him Antonio (we all had to use spanish names only during the class). The line with his name was, "No, no puedo Antonio por que tengo catarro y ademas no se esquiar muy bien" We got paired together because we sat next to eachother and he was in most of my classes including Gym/study Hall, we always sat next to eachother except he sat right behind me in home room because there it was alphabetical seating. I don't even remember his last name anymore though it had to start with the same letter as my last name or a letter directly after mine. There is a different memory process involved in ordinary experiences on one hand and facts or the like on the other.

Part of my job involves questioning people and memories definitely do fade over time. That is why I keep a skeptical eye when it comes to people writing memoirs. They often make mistakes and confuse things because they did not record their experiences at the time or failed to look over those records before speaking/writing; or worse they change things to how they wished them to be.

The author of Band of Brothers guest taught one of my college classes. He had to change the truth because those telling him the account required it. One of the men deserted during the heat of battle. He returned later though after it was over. The men didn't want the truth published because it would harm him so it was changed to him getting lost. If the truth were published they would not assist him further. The moral of the story is that even when people know the truth they might not tell you the truth.

Mary23
Amityville Addict
Posts: 108

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by Mary23 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:
Mary23 wrote:Yes exactly, she wasnt just a classmate or some girl that she knew and is hard to forget things of close friends, if other people that met the family remember things about them, is possible that Grace remember something too , maybe not everything but most of it that can help to clarify a lot of things. And is true, it makes not difference, but since everyone here is investigating the case, the personalities of the members of the family are intriguing and thats why everyone wonder how they were and what they liked to do. Personally, that is not something that interested me a lot because yes it makes not difference, but in the end, I hope to know more about them someday.
Fagan no doubt has had many friends since then. I barely rememeber my college friends (who I was with all day and night) other than in general terms let alone my neighbors who lived across the street from 8-12th grade despite the fact I was constantly over their house and they even had sleepovers. All I remember about the sleepovers was one occasion where we were playing with guns that shot rubber bullets so getting screamed at by their parents for waking them up and making so much noise. The main reason I recall that is his mom had this almost see through skimpy nightgown on with no bra so I saw nipple. Aside from remembering in general terms what we liked to do hanging out I don't have very many specific recollections about them or their family.

My memory of facts is amazing. Not only facts like historical ones or law though, truly useless ones that there is zero point in memorizing because knowing them is even more worthless than being able to name all the presidents in order. Freshman highschool Spanish class our book contained sketches to read to try to teach us dialogue. Each involved 2 people having a coversation. My partner was Tony. He was pestering me to go ski with him in Spanish. All I had to do was read the responses to his pestering. I still remember my lines word for word all 20 lines. The only reason I know he was my partner was because my lines include calling him Antonio (we all had to use spanish names only during the class). The line with his name was, "No, no puedo Antonio por que tengo catarro y ademas no se esquiar muy bien" We got paired together because we sat next to eachother and he was in most of my classes including Gym/study Hall, we always sat next to eachother except he sat right behind me in home room because there it was alphabetical seating. I don't even remember his last name anymore though it had to start with the same letter as my last name or a letter directly after mine. There is a different memory process involved in ordinary experiences on one hand and facts or the like on the other.

Part of my job involves questioning people and memories definitely do fade over time. That is why I keep a skeptical eye when it comes to people writing memoirs. They often make mistakes and confuse things because they did not record their experiences at the time or failed to look over those records before speaking/writing; or worse they change things to how they wished them to be.

The author of Band of Brothers guest taught one of my college classes. He had to change the truth because those telling him the account required it. One of the men deserted during the heat of battle. He returned later though after it was over. The men didn't want the truth published because it would harm him so it was changed to him getting lost. If the truth were published they would not assist him further. The moral of the story is that even when people know the truth they might not tell you the truth.
Yeah she probably had a lot of friends, but I dont think that she forgot so fast the friend that she lost so fast and tragic, those friends are hard to forget, and is harder to forget the situations you live with them, is true that is difficult to remember things of 30 years ago but it depends of the person and if has something from that time that really remember, like you with your classmate in the spanish class or my grandma that is 60 years old and remember a lot of things from her childhood. Obviously, she had to forget some details or things that lived with Dawn and the family but I think that she didnt forget them completely and that she has to remember their personalities and even a few stories because she met a family that died in a very tragic way and that had a house that become famous after a few years and had famous movies where they are mentioned a bit, so that could make more imposible to forget them. Your point is interesting and is true that the people forget things that lived a long time ago but there is always something that they remember even a little bit. Of course I dont think that Grace could be want to talk about them so is still a mystery what she knows, forgot and still remember.

VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict
Posts: 516
Location: Germany

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by VintageBoy91 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 am

I agree with Mary. I don't think that Grace cant remember anything about Dawn or her family. Maybe she forgot some details over the years but she didn't forget them completely. But I am sure she still remembers their personalities. It would be so interesting to hear her story someday. For some reason I am sure that she would be a good and reliable source.
And like I said, most people never forget their best childhood friend. At least I can not forget my best friend in childhood.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3101

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:30 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
litown wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:The article has numerous errors but as far as the photos go they seem to be more recent than many floating around. Looks like Dawn began losing her baby fat and Allison isn't by any stretch beautiful.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B-LiOWHSedc/T ... rders_.jpg
I don't believe that's actually the DeFeo family, I think that's something that was created for the 2005 movie.
I didn't see the 2005 movie so didn't know they made a whole fake newspaper. If they bothered to go through using the real gun you would think they would use the real photos. No wonder the kids looked so much older since it wasn't them. Also explains why they got the names of some of the kids wrong.
The more recent looking photos (which you noticed) and the fact there was no name on the newspaper could have given you a clue, Corporal Scippy

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:56 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:The article has numerous errors but as far as the photos go they seem to be more recent than many floating around. Looks like Dawn began losing her baby fat and Allison isn't by any stretch beautiful.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B-LiOWHSedc/T ... rders_.jpg
OMG! I'm speechless!! I'm just staring at this and can't believe what was said here and posted as legit.

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Boshagirl has a friend who knew Ronnie and Dawn and he described Dawn as "weird", but wouldn't elaborate on that.
:) silly dilly :)

User avatar
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict
Posts: 693

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by BooshaGirl » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:00 pm

It's true. I have no idea what "silly dilly" word you wrote, but it's absolutely true. He hung out with Ronnie and was at the house often. I met him through a friend on Long Island. He described Dawn as being "weird." Look, I wasn't around...he was. It was the 1970s. My sisters (older) were weird, too. He didn't like Dawn much, but "tolerated" her as Ronnie's sister. He is still upset about the "kids" and wouldn't take me to the cemetery where the DeFeo's are buried because he said that part still upsets him greatly. He says he "can't believe" Ronnie murdered the "kids" because he bragged in the bar about his little brothers all the time. By "can't believe," he doesn't mean that he thinks someone else does it...he just can't believe that it happened at all. He stopped hanging around Ronnie when he got really messed up with the drug scene, but saw him around town a lot. He demonstrated outside of Henry's (which is now a seafood restaurant--or was when my friend took me there) how they used to take guns/weapons from Ronnie and toss them up on the roof. He lived (and still lives) in Amityville, but in a less prestigious neighborhood. He's answered people's questions here to the best of his ability and recollection. I can't prove anything except that I know he was in the same middle school class as Ronnie and in the same high school until Ronnie dropped out. He couldn't explain why Dawn was "weird" to him....she just annoyed him. Don't YOU have or haven't YOU ever had a friend whose younger siblings got on your nerves? Just because people are dead/murdered doesn't automatically qualify them for sainthood, you know. It was a tragedy and a TRAVESTY what happened, but nobody...not even SAINTS, were loved by all.

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:29 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:It's true. I have no idea what "silly dilly" word you wrote, but it's absolutely true. He hung out with Ronnie and was at the house often. I met him through a friend on Long Island. He described Dawn as being "weird." Look, I wasn't around...he was. It was the 1970s. My sisters (older) were weird, too. He didn't like Dawn much, but "tolerated" her as Ronnie's sister. He is still upset about the "kids" and wouldn't take me to the cemetery where the DeFeo's are buried because he said that part still upsets him greatly. He says he "can't believe" Ronnie murdered the "kids" because he bragged in the bar about his little brothers all the time. By "can't believe," he doesn't mean that he thinks someone else does it...he just can't believe that it happened at all. He stopped hanging around Ronnie when he got really messed up with the drug scene, but saw him around town a lot. He demonstrated outside of Henry's (which is now a seafood restaurant--or was when my friend took me there) how they used to take guns/weapons from Ronnie and toss them up on the roof. He lived (and still lives) in Amityville, but in a less prestigious neighborhood. He's answered people's questions here to the best of his ability and recollection. I can't prove anything except that I know he was in the same middle school class as Ronnie and in the same high school until Ronnie dropped out. He couldn't explain why Dawn was "weird" to him....she just annoyed him. Don't YOU have or haven't YOU ever had a friend whose younger siblings got on your nerves? Just because people are dead/murdered doesn't automatically qualify them for sainthood, you know. It was a tragedy and a TRAVESTY what happened, but nobody...not even SAINTS, were loved by all.
Scipio, you reading this? Before I respond I'll let scipio do the honors.

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Seems as if though everyone in amityville hung out at that house or claims to since the haunting/tragedy? Who is your friend? Frank Davidge? Define weird? He would not take you to the cemetery because he's still upset all these years later? Ronnie bragged about a lot of things and also referred to his brothers as a couple of f-ing pigs! Why throw guns up on roofs of bars, note the Kelske influence here. If your friend stopped hanging out with Ronnie because of his drug habits then he would have only been around Dawn when she was around 12 to 13 so I can believe that she might have been a brat a bit but what brother has his male friends at his house and hangs around his kid sister? Sure, siblings can get on your nerves but you said weird. I never said Dawn was a saint.

If you can't prove "anything" then how can you claim it's absolutely true?

I remain skeptical because every time I encounter some one who claims to know the Defeos it turns out they only knew of them or are just running their mouths such as the liars who run the Dawn Defeo fb page!

I know you are only repeating what you were told but I got some questions. Cheers.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9690
Contact:

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:27 pm

I thought you didn't like people tearing into other people on this forum?

:P

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:40 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:I thought you didn't like people tearing into other people on this forum?

:P
Hmm? I simply responded to Booshagirls post here. Added some good comments and questions for her, if she wants to respond? I don't see how I tore into her, used no cursing or name calling and have no intention of picking a fight with her. What I said about people running their mouths was not directed at Booshagirl per say just of what I perceive as people who seem to come out of nowhere to pass themselves off as Defeo friends, then throw out nasty comments about them much like Billy Davidge, etc. Apologies if my posts sometimes seem direct!

Something for thought. I notice that certain individuals on here are always slandered and ridiculed with cursing and graphic insults just for having different opinions than that of the "majority" posters on this site? And yet these are allowed with nary a second look but are soon followed with jeers and jibes?

Again, apologies, but am wondering how to post in here with questions or responses that won't seem like I'm starting an argument when I'm just inquiring?

RowdyRodimus
Amityville Member
Posts: 57

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by RowdyRodimus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 pm

All I know is that I want to create a time machine, go back to when I was 18 and then send my 18 year old self to save the entire family and hopefully get Dawn to fall in love with me. From the first time I ever saw her picture when I was a kid, she has been a constant in my dreams. I'm serious, from the age of 8 or 9 until I was 13 or 14, I was totally in love with her (I know it's a bit sick, but I was a kid) and that led to my complete and total hatred of Ronnie and I normally don't hate anyone. Does that make me weird?

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3101

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 am

BooshaGirl wrote:It's true. I have no idea what "silly dilly" word you wrote, but it's absolutely true. He hung out with Ronnie and was at the house often. I met him through a friend on Long Island. He described Dawn as being "weird." Look, I wasn't around...he was. It was the 1970s. My sisters (older) were weird, too. He didn't like Dawn much, but "tolerated" her as Ronnie's sister. He is still upset about the "kids" and wouldn't take me to the cemetery where the DeFeo's are buried because he said that part still upsets him greatly. He says he "can't believe" Ronnie murdered the "kids" because he bragged in the bar about his little brothers all the time. By "can't believe," he doesn't mean that he thinks someone else does it...he just can't believe that it happened at all. He stopped hanging around Ronnie when he got really messed up with the drug scene, but saw him around town a lot. He demonstrated outside of Henry's (which is now a seafood restaurant--or was when my friend took me there) how they used to take guns/weapons from Ronnie and toss them up on the roof. He lived (and still lives) in Amityville, but in a less prestigious neighborhood. He's answered people's questions here to the best of his ability and recollection. I can't prove anything except that I know he was in the same middle school class as Ronnie and in the same high school until Ronnie dropped out. He couldn't explain why Dawn was "weird" to him....she just annoyed him. Don't YOU have or haven't YOU ever had a friend whose younger siblings got on your nerves? Just because people are dead/murdered doesn't automatically qualify them for sainthood, you know. It was a tragedy and a TRAVESTY what happened, but nobody...not even SAINTS, were loved by all.

kblur77, Corporal Scipio has admitted didn't know the DeFeos nor does he knows anyone who knew the DeFeos. Yet he will call anyone who says anything negative about the DeFeos either being insane or a liar.
If you want to find out about the DeFeos, go read the various press accounts they have in the archives there. Scipio knows ZERO about the DeFeos.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 am

Your record of always being inaccurate remains safe.

I require competent evidence in order to believe a claim because I am a rational sentient being. Thus I dod not believe the various lies about how the family was invovled in ruinning drugs, working for the Mob, that ROn Sr abused his family of any of the other madeup nonsense. I will only trust credible evidence.

What do I care that someone called Dawn weird? He couldn't even articulate why he thought she was weird so what do I care? It has no relevance at all to the murders.

Your posts demonstrate you should seek psychiatric help. I suggest you do so.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3101

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:34 am

And your record of being Captain Narcissist remains perfectly safe.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 1693

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by scipio-USMC » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 am

Victoria Principles wrote:And your record of being Captain Narcissist remains perfectly safe.
At least you got my former rank right...

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
BooshaGirl wrote:It's true. I have no idea what "silly dilly" word you wrote, but it's absolutely true. He hung out with Ronnie and was at the house often. I met him through a friend on Long Island. He described Dawn as being "weird." Look, I wasn't around...he was. It was the 1970s. My sisters (older) were weird, too. He didn't like Dawn much, but "tolerated" her as Ronnie's sister. He is still upset about the "kids" and wouldn't take me to the cemetery where the DeFeo's are buried because he said that part still upsets him greatly. He says he "can't believe" Ronnie murdered the "kids" because he bragged in the bar about his little brothers all the time. By "can't believe," he doesn't mean that he thinks someone else does it...he just can't believe that it happened at all. He stopped hanging around Ronnie when he got really messed up with the drug scene, but saw him around town a lot. He demonstrated outside of Henry's (which is now a seafood restaurant--or was when my friend took me there) how they used to take guns/weapons from Ronnie and toss them up on the roof. He lived (and still lives) in Amityville, but in a less prestigious neighborhood. He's answered people's questions here to the best of his ability and recollection. I can't prove anything except that I know he was in the same middle school class as Ronnie and in the same high school until Ronnie dropped out. He couldn't explain why Dawn was "weird" to him....she just annoyed him. Don't YOU have or haven't YOU ever had a friend whose younger siblings got on your nerves? Just because people are dead/murdered doesn't automatically qualify them for sainthood, you know. It was a tragedy and a TRAVESTY what happened, but nobody...not even SAINTS, were loved by all.

kblur77, Corporal Scipio has admitted didn't know the DeFeos nor does he knows anyone who knew the DeFeos. Yet he will call anyone who says anything negative about the DeFeos either being insane or a liar.
If you want to find out about the DeFeos, go read the various press accounts they have in the archives there. Scipio knows ZERO about the DeFeos.
Good to finally here from you, Victoria. Was wondering when you would get in the game here? I know scipio and how he operates in here, do call him out on some of his posts but you are correct about Defeos. If people have friends that know about them, then I would ask questions and such like I did with my follow up post to bgirl. If someone really knew them I would imagine they would be eager to share stories and memories of them but what I run across most of the time is these " friends" make short, silly comments that can be easily taken apart if one has been following the Defeos like I have for decades now.

I do know a bit about the Defeos from what has been provided from interviews, books, and source info that you brought up to look at. Scipio did state what I did when I questioned Booshagirls friends statement on Dawn being weird, but did nothing to elaborate on his obscure claim? The post I ran across about Dawn just seemed questionable like many others.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3101

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:19 pm

kblur, many people are not willing to comment on stuff like this, especially to total strangers with what they see as an obsession. Why do you think most people who knew the DeFeos have commented on this? Those that did comment on the DeFeos have been called liars or insane by Corporal Scipio as you can see. Bouchagirl's friend will comment to her about it because he is her friend. He doesn't feel right to come on a public message board to discuss the dead, especially with a rabid dog like Scipio around. I am not afraid of Scipio nor does that USMC make him any different than anyone else here.

As for Dawn, if Ronnie was on drugs, Dawn could have been on it as well. Drugs were common in those days. Heroin has made a comeback in today's modern world, and it was quite prevelent in the early 70s and just as powerful and deadly. Not saying Dawn was a heroin addict like her brother was, but any young person from that time could have taken drugs.

PS. I could not respond to your PM because you have a setting that would not allow me to reply. I get this message "Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt."

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Sorry about my pm thing being off, I'll try to fix it here in a bit. I understand a bit what you are saying about strangers and obsessions. This is an amityville forum and the Defeos are part of it. We are all strangers in here but I came here (like others) to posts questions, discuss certain topics and people involved with this whole deal. Yes, I have been in some battles with scipio and do not back down from him either. He's put me straight on some of my errors and I have likewise with him and yes he does not like it but I can take a little name calling and bickering at times like I told sherbet. Makes things fun in here but I've really only had name calling spats with scipio, guess it's just his nature?

One question for you though. Booshagirl stated her friend has been on this forum and has tried to answer people's questions and stuff, so am confused to what you said about her friend not coming on here?

Yes Dawn could have used drugs, not that I really care but the evidence to support this claim is a bit weak I think. If the household were truly abusive (I do believe it was) it suggests to me that there would have been a little something in her body found but nothing was found in her autopsy. That does not mean she never did use but you can see my point.

Thanx for your response!

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9690
Contact:

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Her friend was not on this forum, maybe you misread what she wrote?

User avatar
kblur77
Amityville Addict
Posts: 341

Re: Dawn Defeo - profile

Post by kblur77 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:18 pm

That is what bgirl said.

Post Reply