Katzenbach's Ronni Chasen documentary

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Ryan's Katzenbach's next victim...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... rks-428236

Ronni Chasen Murder Documentary in the Works (Exclusive)

Ryan Katzenbach plans a made-for-cable movie about the investigation of the 2010 killing of the Hollywood publicist, which he calls incomplete.

And he's probably the only one calling it "incomplete"...

A documentary about the 2010 murder of Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen could be coming to TV next year.

Ooh, that's if he doesn't tell the networks where to go again...

Ryan Katzenbach, an ad exec who has directed a trio of self-distributed docs on the 1974 Amityville killings, tells THR he’s working on 6:38: The Death of Ronni Chasen, a reference to the time between Chasen’s last cell-phone call and the response by the Beverly Hills police. Chasen was shot to death in her Mercedes-Benz while driving home on Sunset Boulevard from the premiere of the film Burlesque.

Katzenbach believes the Beverly Hills Police Department’s account of the killing is incomplete and says Chasen’s life might have been threatened before the shooting, based on his talks with “many of Chasen’s friends and associates, eyewitnesses at the murder scene and those who know Chasen’s alleged killer, Harold Martin Smith,” who killed himself before he could be captured by police.

...blaming the incompetent police again I see.

So who's on his side? --

Katzenbach declined to reveal the names of any of the friends who are cooperating with him. Chasen’s former business partner tells THR he is not participating. Katzenbach says he has several other close friends who will go on camera. However, he says it is premature to give out their names because he is still researching the project.

We've been down this road before... I wonder if he's dug up an equivulent of Geraldine yet?

One of Chasen's very closest friends, Vivian Mayer, on Wednesday said she has been contacted by Katzenbach and declined to participate. She said other close friends of Chasen that she knows have also told her they will not participate.

Good for them. Ryan adds to this:

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:....I have a new fan of my work, too! Vivian, as you will read, adores me and my Amityville body of work! Love it!

So this is what he thinks of one of the victims "very closest friends"? Disgusting.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Mayer said: "This filmmaker has contacted just about everyone, and many of them in turn have contacted me. They said that, as a true friend, and in honor of Ronni, they have no interest in participating in a documentary that will, most likely, be about appealing to people's morbid curiosity. The police solved the case and, I for one, based on the solid evidence they provided me, was satisfied. That said, everyone is entitled to their beliefs and thoughts, and even those who may not be satisfied, if they were true friend's of Ronni's, I would imagine (Ronni) would not want to be a part of the documentary as they know she would disapprove of a filmmaker whose credits include, Shattered Hopes: The True Story of the Amityville Murders, doing a documentary about her."

:clap:

Chasen was a veteran press agent specializing in representing producers and film composers. Her death in such a violent and mysterious fashion has intrigued Hollywood.

Numerous questions remain unanswered: Was the gun that supposedly killed Chasen and Martin stolen from a police officer?" Katzenbach asks. "Was BHPD working leads to locate a witness to the shooting? Did Smith receive a payoff for the 'hit?' Why was Chasen’s most updated will never revealed during probate? Was Chasen actually working on a new will and trust at the time of her death? And more importantly, why was no one, including any member of the police, able to locate Chasen's extensive notes, said to exist in her preparations to revise her latest will?”

We've been down this road too - I'm sure there are some unanswered questions, but, as usual, Ryan is making a conspiracy out of them all.

The $250,000-budgeted doc is funded by private investors

Mum and dad again? And how much???

and Katzenbach, who intends to research the case for the rest of this year and film re-enactment scenes next summer. Katzenbach intends to shoot the documentary in “film noir” style, he says.

Lol, black and white and all moody? Instead of hitting a button saying "Grindhouse", he'll just hit one saying "Film Noir" and voila!

The goal is to have the documentary — probably running two hours in length — ready to show in time for the fourth anniversary of Chasen’s death, in November 2014.

I'm getting my prediction in before Dan!
4 hours, 20 minutes... in 2016!

Katzenbach says several cable networks are interested in the project but he declines to name them.

Because he knows it won't happen -- he's too much of a self-styled "maverick" to fit into their schedules.

He said if he can't sell it to a cable network, he intends to make the documentary anyway and take it out on the festival circuit.

...like he did so successfully with Shattered Hopes.

Anyway, I'm glad there are better people than us to deal with him - it's a fresh case and he'll have to face the family and friends of the victim (not just guys and gals from a message forum) if this all goes south again.

A direction one close friend already thinks it's going in :doh:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Shattered Hopes (film by Ric Osuna & Katco)

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Katzenbach declined to reveal the names of any of the friends who are cooperating with him. Chasen’s former business partner tells THR he is not participating. Katzenbach says he has several other close friends who will go on camera. However, he says it is premature to give out their names because he is still researching the project.

Right. Premature to reveal the names, but not premature to announce that the police case is one big lie. :roll:

Katzenbach intends to research the case for the rest of this year and film re-enactment scenes next summer.

Great plan. Though most of this year will actually be taken up with him getting Part III of 'Shattered' finished and released.

2016 you say, Sherb? I'm gonna double-down and bet that this whole project falls through, with 2016 marking Ryan's next bankruptcy...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby kathyM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 pm

OMG! He is nuts to go after this. He has talked to everyone involved and they dont want anything to do with him. He is making a pest of himself already.

This is not like the Amityville case where it was so old that nobody cared or was even alive to comment on the doc. This is a recent case and he is messing with bigger players. They are not going to let him get away with this. He will definitely make a name for himself but it will not be good. There was no conspiracy in this case anyway.

Who is giving him this money? Especially after he bombed with his first dud. :fp:

Just when you think he couldnt do anything more stupid, he turns around and proves you wrong.
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun May 19, 2013 3:20 am

In at #3... And still upsetting people with little evidence, is...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 am

Same old song and dance. Ryan has nothing and goes after the police dept. yet again. The police dept. wont cooperate so it must be a conspiracy! Who keeps giving him money for these projects? geeze.

Ryan needs to stop looking up in the air with his eyes and look at the camera. It makes him look like a dork.
kathyM
Princess

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 am

kathyM wrote:Same old song and dance. Ryan has nothing and goes after the police dept. yet again. The police dept. wont cooperate so it must be a conspiracy!

That's pretty much what I was thinking as well. Would have been great if Ryan would have answered that first question with, "Well AJ, I haven't seen any of the evidence in this case and Ronni's friends won't talk to me -- so I'm just pulling this crap straight outta my ass..."

kathyM wrote:Ryan needs to stop looking up in the air with his eyes and look at the camera. It makes him look like a dork.

Now that was uncalled for. You know damn well that Ryan would look like a dork either way... :P
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby kathyM » Sun May 19, 2013 11:38 am

So true :lol: :lol:

I am not a fan of his Mohawk or cupie doll like hairstyle either. :(
kathyM
Princess

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 am

Faux-hawk. A mohawk for wimps too scared to shave their hair. Stupid trendy hairstyle for wannabe losers. He so wants to fit in with the filmmaking crowd. Unfortunately for him, his latest film (about the murder of Ronni Chasen) is going to alienate him in Hollywood. He's in the process of stepping on some very powerful Industry toes.

"Aww, I don't care..." he might claim (as he did in a few of his anti-Hollywood rants a couple of years ago). But he does care. It's very evident that he cares a whole lot -- and all this anti-Hollywood BS is akin to an upset child not being picked for the team.

"Yeah, we'll burn that bridge when we come to it." Mistake or motto?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby kathyM » Mon May 20, 2013 6:22 am

Hmm, he wants to be a filmmaker? I always thought he wanted to be a lawyer when he grows up. :lol:
kathyM
Princess

Postby BooshaGirl » Tue May 28, 2013 8:47 am

He has a "thing" with "Ronnie's," doesn't he?
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:07 pm

kathyM wrote:I can see there would be some interest for the Amityville documentary but I cant imagine there being any interest whatsoever for the Ronni Chasen doc. I don't think anyone even knows who she is or is interested in this non story. :?

Well, he could always manufacture some controversy...

Not content with taking a pic of her grave the other day, he's now after her autopsy report...

6:38 : The Death of Ronni Chasen • A Documentary wrote:We've been attempting for months to obtain the Chasen autopsy. After repeated phone calls, emails and requests pursuant to the California Public Records Act, the Coroner's Office has finally advised us that they will not release the document due to a "security hold" by the Beverly Hills Police.

We currently have an email into the BHPD to find out why a security hold still remains in effect since these, in the words of the Deputy Chief of the L.A. Coroner's Office are only done when there is an active investigation. Something feels rather amiss here....

It's another police cover-up, folks.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Them police are just covering up right and left and it is up to Ryan to save the day! :) (cue hero music). :dance:

Arent we all lucky to have ace investigator Ryan uncovering the truths and stopping all this injustice! :lol:
Did he ever get his gun back? You know, the gun that was the shocking discovery that solved the case of the DeFeo murders? :fp:
kathyM
Princess

Postby scipio-USMC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:07 am

kathyM wrote:Them police are just covering up right and left and it is up to Ryan to save the day! :) (cue hero music). :dance:

Arent we all lucky to have ace investigator Ryan uncovering the truths and stopping all this injustice! :lol:
Did he ever get his gun back? You know, the gun that was the shocking discovery that solved the case of the DeFeo murders? :fp:

No, nor will he.

As I pointed out disposal of a gun in that manner is a crime. It thus is evidence of a crime. The same rules do not apply to finding $10 on the street and finding something that must be licensed. He has no legal right to it. Filing with the NY Attorney General to get it back for him was hysterical.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby kathyM » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Yeah, I didnt think he got the gun back as he would have probably been bragging about it if he did.

You are so right, his actions were hysterical. He was going raise hell until he got that gun back but I thought he had signed something before the water search that said anything found was the property of the police anyway?

The whole saga of him making this documentary is more fun and interesting than the doc itself! :)
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Good to see bloodlust for crime scene pics has carried through to the next project...

6:38 : The Death of Ronni Chasen • A Documentary wrote:In the next few weeks, we will be launching the film's official website - http://www.ronnichasen.com. Stay tuned for more updates.

BHPD has released some of the Chasen crime scene pictures to us. They continue, however, to refuse to release the rest. This is a picture of Ronni Chasen's Mercedes after the stricken Hollywood publicist crashed it into a concrete light post on Whittier Drive, Nov. 16, 2010, after being shot multiple times...

:wall:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Probably because it is the only way he can get anyone to check out his doc.
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:12 pm

RyKat and his "extensive research" on the TV...

6:38 : The Death of Ronni Chasen • A Documentary wrote:Tonight, "6:38" Writer and Producer Ryan Katzenbach will be appearing on the E! Channel's "Hollywood Death Trip." This new series, which debuts tonight, takes a look a famous homicides in and around Los Angeles. Ryan was brought in to discuss his extensive research, thus far, in the death of Ronni Chasen. The show airs at 10p EST.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 pm

I just finished watching this. The show has a bunch of quickie stories about Hollywood deaths. They come up with no new info and no answers and insinuate maybe these murders didn't happen the way they have been reported but they come up with no valid reasons why. Perfect show for Ryan.

They tout Ryan as an Investigative Journalist. Okaaaayyyy :roll: The Mohawk hairdo is not working for him and his eyes look kind of strange like really wide eyed and glaring at you. That is a little creepy. He spent his few minutes time complaining that the police dept wont give him the documents and info he wants. His segment was very short and nothing new was reported. I guess I expected more but hey, this is the E Channel, home of the Kardashians! :lol:
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

kathyM wrote:He spent his few minutes time complaining that the police dept wont give him the documents and info he wants.

Maybe he shouldn't have said this back in March then...

Katzenbach believes the Beverly Hills Police Department’s account of the killing is incomplete

And he wonders why they won't co-operate with him?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 pm

:lol: :clap: :lol:
kathyM
Princess

Postby BooshaGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:41 am

kathyM wrote:Does anyone remember in the movie Carrie when Carrie's mother says to her, ''They are all gonna laugh at you''?

That is what came to my mind when I read that. :)

Hahhhahaaa. I just watched the original "Carrie" with my kids. I'm glad MY mom never told me "your dirty pillows are showing."
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to DeFeo Discussion