Katzenbach's Ronni Chasen documentary

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Katzenbach's Ronni Chasen documentary

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 am

Strangely, Ryan hasn't even mentioned his Indoiego campaign on either of his Facebook pages, which explains why the amount hasn't risen above $80 as the days tick away...

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/6-38- ... nni-chasen

...and by posting that, I've done more to promote it than he has :D

Onto the "perks" if you contribute...

What's the point in filming in 4K digital and not offer the film on Blu-Ray?

2K would have done the job, as it's doubtful this will see the inside of a cinema. And the price of a DVD is $35!

Also, the perks between a $100 contribution and a $250 one?

All perks previously mentioned, plus "6:38" 27x40" movie poster autographed by Ryan Katzenbach

Yes, that's $150 for a signed poster by Katzenbach.

:think:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Ha ha ha ha! yeah, I have always wanted an autograph from Katzen clown nobody! :dance:
kathyM
Princess

Postby scipio-USMC » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Strangely, Ryan hasn't even mentioned his Indoiego campaign on either of his Facebook pages, which explains why the amount hasn't risen above $80 as the days tick away...

...and by posting that, I've done more to promote it than he has :D

Onto the "perks" if you contribute...

What's the point in filming in 4K digital and not offer the film on Blu-Ray?

2K would have done the job, as it's doubtful this will see the inside of a cinema. And the price of a DVD is $35!

Also, the perks between a $100 contribution and a $250 one?

All perks previously mentioned, plus "6:38" 27x40" movie poster autographed by Ryan Katzenbach

Yes, that's $150 for a signed poster by Katzenbach.

:think:

He would have to pay me to get me to accept anything from him.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Ronni Chasen Documentary Director on Autopsy Revelations, Unanswered Questions (Q&A)

...in which Ryan refers to himself as "some dips--t documentarian"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... psy-665749
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby scipio-USMC » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:18 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Ronni Chasen Documentary Director on Autopsy Revelations, Unanswered Questions (Q&A)

...in which Ryan refers to himself as "some dips--t documentarian"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... psy-665749

I read that this morning and as I read the part about the very preliminary account and how that was naturally subject to change as more information came out all I could think about wa show he keeps saying that there must have been a second gun because police initially suspected it in the Amityville case.

How much do you want to bed that Ryan will be changing his tune about how worthless the initial narrative is when he can't find anything else so has to use that to try to drum up contrversy.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby kathyM » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Well, he got the dipshit part right.
kathyM
Princess

Postby BooshaGirl » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:38 pm

kathyM wrote:Well, he got the dipshit part right.

HA!
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:48 pm

:dance: :lol:
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Ronni Chasen Lawsuit: Beverly Hills City, Police Request Judge's Removal

In a brief court filing Monday, the city and its police department argue that Judge Robert H. O'Brien is "prejudiced" against them as he deliberates a public records access suit filed by documentary filmmaker Ryan Katzenbach.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... lls-665995
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Mary23 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:51 am

Ryan shouldnt make a lot of effort in his documentaries, because they will be so forgotten in 10 years or maybe less. His work is so poor that I just laugh when I see something about it and he is so inrresponsable starting something new when he is working in something else that is not fully release yet. I am pretty sure that this documentary wont be release on television and wont be release soon, but well, I know everybody here think the same...
Mary23
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Definitely. He should have finished up the Amityville documentary before starting another crappy doc. He owes that much to the few people left that have bought his doc parts 1 and 2 and want to see some kind of ending.
kathyM
Princess

Postby PeterPisani » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:38 pm

So lemmy see if I have this correct. Ryan hasnt finished his Amityville opus, listed a budget of 250k, and is currently begging online for another 200...to make another movie? This is a joke right? Gotta be. Just gotta be. Ryan, why dont any of your 11 thousand facey spacey pals help? Or your lawyer pals...or industry insiders? How are you running around talking about making ANOTHER movie when funding is not in place? You really have tenacity. I wil give ya that.
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby msmart112 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:59 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Strangely, Ryan hasn't even mentioned his Indoiego campaign on either of his Facebook pages, which explains why the amount hasn't risen above $80 as the days tick away...

Only $199,660 to go...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby kathyM » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Wonder who the idiots are that gave him even that much money? Maybe he put up his own money to make it look like people are actually donating. :lol:
kathyM
Princess

Postby Mary23 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm

just 340?, it seems that someone won't be able to make it with a real Mercedes or car and that now this documentary will last years just like Shattered Hopes. I think the same that KathyM about the donation, nobody is really interested and he didnt promote it but now I am wondering if he is doing it in purpose to explain why he hasn't finished everything yet because donate $340 in your own cause if you are out of money is kind of weird, something more is behind all these and I am starting to think that maybe this guy really doesn't know how to do anything right
Mary23
Amityville Addict

Postby scipio-USMC » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Mary23 wrote:just 340?, it seems that someone won't be able to make it with a real Mercedes or car and that now this documentary will last years just like Shattered Hopes. I think the same that KathyM about the donation, nobody is really interested and he didnt promote it but now I am wondering if he is doing it in purpose to explain why he hasn't finished everything yet because donate $340 in your own cause if you are out of money is kind of weird, something more is behind all these and I am starting to think that maybe this guy really doesn't know how to do anything right

A test to see what damage happens to a Mercedes when you stop steering and crash is downright stupid. The notion she didn't actually crash after being shot and it wa sjust all staged is beyond absurd. At any rate unless you crash in the same exact spot and manner the damage will be slightly different anyway. Trying to match the damage perfectly is not going to happen. The only bigger morons on this planet than him are his followers.
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby Mary23 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 am

scipio-USMC wrote:
Mary23 wrote:just 340?, it seems that someone won't be able to make it with a real Mercedes or car and that now this documentary will last years just like Shattered Hopes. I think the same that KathyM about the donation, nobody is really interested and he didnt promote it but now I am wondering if he is doing it in purpose to explain why he hasn't finished everything yet because donate $340 in your own cause if you are out of money is kind of weird, something more is behind all these and I am starting to think that maybe this guy really doesn't know how to do anything right

A test to see what damage happens to a Mercedes when you stop steering and crash is downright stupid. The notion she didn't actually crash after being shot and it wa sjust all staged is beyond absurd. At any rate unless you crash in the same exact spot and manner the damage will be slightly different anyway. Trying to match the damage perfectly is not going to happen. The only bigger morons on this planet than him are his followers.

And do it with a real Mercedes is even more stupid to me. I read some articles about that case and I don't see a lot of potential scenarios that can contradict what happened, as he claims, starting with what you said
Mary23
Amityville Addict

Postby VintageBoy91 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:22 am

kathyM wrote:Definitely. He should have finished up the Amityville documentary before starting another crappy doc. He owes that much to the few people left that have bought his doc parts 1 and 2 and want to see some kind of ending.

I totally agree. That he didn't finish his first project shows how unprofessional his work is. If he really stands behind his work he would first finish the Amityville project and then start a new one. It also shows that he is less interested in the DeFeo case. I guess he never really was interested and fascinated with the case like we here at the board. He just used it as a cash cow and wanted to make much money with it. Now that his plan shattered he is not really interested in finishing the project anymore. And his Ronni Chasen documentary won't be much better. His work and his researches are just too sketchy. It's a shame that there are still so many idiots who follow him.
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:54 am

I bet he goes bankrupt again. :(
kathyM
Princess

Postby scipio-USMC » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:24 pm

"$390USD. Raised of $200,000 Goal

9 days left"

He's going to have to buy a Hot Weels Car to wreck instead
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:58 am

If only he knew some publicist who had maybe done a "fantastic job" on another project...
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion