Shattered Hopes III. "Ash" For Your Wednesday!

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Shattered Hopes III. "Ash" For Your Wednesday!

Postby kathyM » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:12 pm

That is who I was thinking of, couldn't remember her name. She must have got paid then. :) Everyone else singing praises for him have jumped ship. What happened to Diver? Does he still think highly of the project?
kathyM
Princess

Postby jimmysmokes » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:27 pm

PeterPisani wrote:First and foremost. ....Once again, if her story was true I wouldn't be here. I was sued as HER SON. I was born Dec 14 1975. (10 days after Defeo was sentenced.)

My sisters and my birth records exist. Property records, blah blah blah. Very simple.....if I exist as her son in order for her story to be true, Defeo would be my Father. He isn't. Its kinda that simple.

And here is the list of my Mothers Bigamy.

Fred Coury was her Husband when she married my Dad
(Fred is the father of my siblings Stacy and Jill)

She was married to My Father when she married Gerald Gates (Fred Coury's cousin)

She was married to Gates when she Married Defeo
(And never divorced. Still together)

Okay, but when did she start banging defeo?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:18 pm

peter, you out there? or are you trying to get ryan to sue you?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby PeterPisani » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:10 am

She started banging Defeo in the mid eighties. And Ryan can NEVER sue me again for ANYTHING related to Amityville.

( His last lawsuit against me was dismissed with prejudice)

So Ryan can go eat a bag of dicks.

(He sued me for being mean. No joke. He told on me to the judge for calling him a lying bitch. Literally. )
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby BooshaGirl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 am

Ryan is a whiny little punk. Peter, I'm so happy you didn't back down from that "bag 'o dicks." Instead of facing and admitting to his outright LIES, he runs like a little rat and then starts digging around NEW trash.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:13 pm

PeterPisani wrote:She started banging Defeo in the mid eighties. And Ryan can NEVER sue me again for ANYTHING related to Amityville.

( His last lawsuit against me was dismissed with prejudice)

So Ryan can go eat a bag of dicks.

(He sued me for being mean. No joke. He told on me to the judge for calling him a lying bitch. Literally. )

that's hilarious! I take it there was more to it than that? were you in court with ryan? how'd that play out?

with all the suits he keeps getting himself in to, that's probably all he'll have to eat!

just as long as they're not spotted, ey sherbetto?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby PeterPisani » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:37 pm

He pissed the judge off. I was actually planning my trip to Cali to defend when I was notified by the Courts.

"Ryan. You my bitch, son. Merry Christmas."
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby PeterPisani » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:42 pm

BooshaGirl wrote:Ryan is a whiny little punk. Peter, I'm so happy you didn't back down from that "bag 'o dicks." Instead of facing and admitting to his outright LIES, he runs like a little rat and then starts digging around NEW trash.

THIS!
PeterPisani
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Did you losers miss Ryan's Titanic debut on Reelz at the weekend?

Check the viewer reviews!

bhackler5 wrote:So bad... soooo so bad.

This is one of the most poorly made documentaries I've ever seen. At times it seemed like a joke.

The laughably bad computer graphics are half finished at times and the dramatizations are so badly acted it's awkward to sit through.

The information presented isn't the worst but the presentation is awful.

Reelz has pretty good historical recreations and dramatizations in some of their other programming so I was highly disappointed in this.

Steer clear.

1/10 would not recommend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5713960/rev ... _=tt_ov_rt

BirdwithaFry wrote:Dafuq I just watch?

I can't believe this was on tv. At least it was reelz where no one even watches. It looked like it was filmed on a phone with painter's lights and seemed like the same old theories as everyone else has. Can't stop staring at the ripples in the fake background.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5713960/boa ... /264977728

kitty-58921 wrote:Very juvenile looking camera work. Very surprised REELZ allowed this on their airtime. Felt like I was watching a jr. high project.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5713960/boa ... /264951012
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:20 am

The Titanic reviews sound depressingly like our reaction to Shattered Hopes...

Edie wrote:This was just another cheap "documentary" with fictional recreations of events no one knows about. Worse than conspiracy theorists. I fear that the real history will be lost because of productions like this.

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/c ... 017.36436/

erikadewitt wrote:The quality made it unbearable to watch and learn from it. Hope Reelz didn't pay more than a shilling.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5713960/boa ... /265045728

Johnny larson wrote:*** This review may contain spoilers ***

Not Worth your time. Information is completely false and assumption based and lost a portion of my life i cannot get back. 3 hours of my life down the drain and Horrible CGI effects and assumption based story without any full evidence to back up the information provided.

Better off going on YouTube and watching fanboy presentations and assumption videos from different up loaders that will tell you one thing different after another.

Thats what this is about but put into 3 hours.

as Mentioned above. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS DOCUMENTARY

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5713960/rev ... _=tt_ov_rt
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 am

Need a where are they now posting. What ever happened to the great filmmaker? Did the final Shat part get shipped? What about the next doc on that woman? The Titantic? Does he only work for Reelz now? :think:
kathyM
Princess

Postby msmart112 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:It used to be an annual event where Ryan would celebrate another unproductive year by firing off a lawsuit... and it looks like those days are back! This time against his own producer!

Ryan Katzenbach et al v. Gail Bleckman

And her complaint against him is:

LOS ANGELES – Gail Bleckman claims Ryan Katzenbach, Katco Media and Amityville Holdings owe her $150,000 for her work on a series of films about the 1974 murders in Amityville, N.Y., in L.A. Superior Court.

http://courthousenews.com/an-amityville-horror-2/

:beer:

Hey Sherb...any word on how that lawsuit turned out?
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 am

msmart112 wrote:Hey Sherb...any word on how that lawsuit turned out?

Yeah, Ryan's counter-suit ended in farce and failure... so no change there.

Firstly, Ryan missed the deadline due to his own ineptitude...

DEAR HONORABLE GUTIERREZ and the CLERK OF THE COURT:

We apologize, in advance to the Court, and throw ourselves to the mercy of His Honor to consider this reply given its tardiness. We realize that we have missed the return date, but hope that His Honor will consider our reply. It was originally due on Friday, May 12th. However, due to a clerical error on our part, this was calendared, instead, for May 21.

It was only after I began to work on the reply this past weekend in an effort to get it ready for the filing date that I realized that said reply was actually past due. I’ve taken some steps to make sure that this will NEVER happen again as I rely so much on the alerts of our calendar to keep us on track with our various deadlines.

We thank His Honor and the Court in advance for His consideration of our reply and, again, apologize to the Court for missing a deadline. Obviously, it is our intent to never miss ANY deadline for any project, and especially for anything due before this Court

The court then points out this whiny introduction was not proper:

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE:
The following problem(s) have been found with your electronically filed document:

First page of document is a letter

:lol:

Ryan - who cannot physically find Gail to serve her - pays $440.00 to OnCallLegal and thinks it's job done-

NOTICE TO THE COURT PERTAINING TO PLAINTIFF’S SERVICE OF PROCESS

4. Plaintiff’s, herein, wish to provide Notice to the Court as to what actions
have been taken to comply with the Court’s Order of May 22, 2017. Plaintiff’s believe that
they have now affected service upon the Defendant.

A. DEFENDANT HAS BEEN PHYSICALLY SERVED VIA HER LEGAL COUNSEL

5. Plaintiff’s retained OnCallLegal of Los Angeles, California, a licensed
California process server, to serve the Defendant at the law offices of S. Michael Kernan who
currently represents her. A copy of the work order is attached as Exhibit “A” herewith.

6. OnCallLegal has advised the Plaintiffs, via telephone, as of 2 p.m. on
Friday, May 26 that the lawsuit was served at Kernan’s office at Beverly Hills,
California 90210 at 9:30 a.m. and was received by an individual
named Scott Bettencourt. OnCallLegal is, additionally, mailing a copy of the summons and
Complaint via first class mail on this date to the same address.

7. Plaintiff’s wish to file this Notice to the Court because Plaintiffs are not
yet in receipt of the required Proof Of Service forms which will be completed and submitted
by OnCallLegal. OCL has advised that, given the Memorial Day Weekend before us, we may
not have the completed proof of service forms until Tuesday, May 30, 2017, at which time the
Plaintiffs will file a copy with the Court upon receipt.

DEFENDANT HAS BEEN SERVED VIA A LEGALLY ADJUDICATED LOS ANGELES COUNTY NEWSPAPER

8. In addition to retention of a process server to physically serve the
Defendant via her legal representation, Plaintiffs also took the additional step of serving the
Defendant via a legally adjudicated newspaper in Los Angeles County and within the City of
Los Angeles.

But the Court are having none of it, and dismiss...

Order DISMISSING Case for Lack of Prosecution

Pro se Plaintiffs Ryan Katzenbach and Diana Maiocco filed this lawsuit against
Defendant Gail Bleckman on October 28, 2016. Dkt. # 1. On April 28, 2017, the Court issued
an Order to Show Cause (“OSC”) to Plaintiffs why the Court should not dismiss the case for
lack of prosecution. Dkt. # 19. Although Plaintiffs had responded to the Court’s inquiries
regarding subject matter jurisdiction in the months after they filed their case, Plaintiffs had not
yet served Bleckman. See id. The Court gave Plaintiffs until May 12, 2017 to file a proof of
service. See id.

On May 16, 2017, Plaintiffs requested a “brief extension” to file service of process. Dkt.
# 20. Because Plaintiffs’ May 16 response demonstrated that Plaintiffs had made several
unsuccessful attempts to serve Defendant, the Court granted Plaintiffs an extension to May 26,
2017. Dkt. # 22. The Court, however, warned Plaintiffs that failure to file proof of service
would result in dismissal of the case. See id.

Plaintiffs filed a timely response to the Court’s OSC on May 26, 2017, but the response is
inadequate for two reasons. See Dkt. # 23. First, the response only describes how Plaintiffs
served Defendant; it does not attach proof of service. Id. In the response, Plaintiffs indicate that
they will file the proof of service by Tuesday, May 30, 2017 due to the Memorial Day holiday,
but they have not yet filed a proof of service. See Dkt. # 23, ¶ 7. Second, Plaintiffs indicate that
they effected service of process through personal service and by mail to S. Michael Kernan, who
is allegedly serving as Bleckman’s attorney, and by publication in the Beverly Hills Courier.
See id. ¶¶ 5-7. These service methods are procedurally improper. An attorney, solely by reason
of his or her capacity as an attorney for a named defendant, is not the defendant’s agent for
purposes of receiving service of process. See Cal. Civ. Code Proc. § 415.10; see also Ransom v.
Brennan, 437 F.2d 513, 518-19 (5th Cir. 1971). The attorney must consent to receive service on
behalf of a client, see id., but Plaintiffs have given no indication that the attorney did so here.
Moreover, although California law permits service by publication or service on an attorney as a
method “reasonably calculated to give notice,” the Court must first determine that “the party to
be served cannot with reasonable diligence be served in another manner.” See Cal. Civ. Proc.
Code § 415.50(a). Plaintiffs have not requested that the Court make any such determination.
Because the Court finds Plaintiffs’ response to the OSC inadequate and the Court has
already given Plaintiffs ample opportunity to file service of process, warning all along that
failure to comply would result in dismissal, the Court sua sponte DISMISSES this case for lack
of prosecution.

IT IS SO ORDERED.

So there we go, another waste of time and money courtesy of KatcoMedia...
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Pete » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 am

I want to know why Ryans Lawsuits go thru Diana Miacoco, 4935 Beverley Boulevard apt 16. (This info is public. Its the addy on this lawsuit, and his last one against myself and the board)

As I was going thru my paperwork (because I don't forgive or forget and its a matter of time now) I noticed the filing against me goes to HER addy.

I find this odd.
Pete
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Maybe he's homeless. Or maybe he lives there with her.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Previous

Return to DeFeo Discussion