Shattered Hopes III. "Ash" For Your Wednesday!

General Discussion About the 1974 DeFeo Murders and related topics

Re: Shattered Hopes III. "Ash" For Your Wednesday!

Postby horsysauce » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:09 pm

I think that's terrible to take advantage of people in that way.
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Someone's jealous of a certain successful movie this week -

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:So.....has anyone see THE CONJURING 2? I have to ask because I understand that the filmmakers included "Skeptic Kaplan" as a character in the film....which seems to be based on Stephen Kaplan who was the ONLY person who took the Warrens on and challenged their SHAKY credibility..........your thoughts?

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:The Warrens went to the house in 1976 and participated in the media circus, but as the Kaplans later found out, the whole thing was a ploy on the part of Prentice Hall....the Warrens were given a publishing deal for their book "The Demonolgists" in exchange for bolstering the Lutz story.

^Is this even in Kaplan's book? Maybe it was, but he can only speculate Prentice Hall were behind it at best.

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:In honor of my "friend" Lorraine Warren, and to celebrate her newest fictional offering to the box office, "The Conjuring 2," we've decided to give away 25 free rentals on Vimeo of Part 3.1 of the Shattered series....so if you haven't seen it.....here's your opportunity....but it's first come, first serve. The promotional code is "Huckster" -- and the link is right here......ENJOY. https://vimeo.com/r/1Jlg/Qi8uM0dYcj

Not sure if they are any views left, but worth a watch as part 3.2 is probably still at least another year away.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby jimmysmokes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:30 pm

ahh, you didn't put up the juicy parts for our followers who don't frequent his page! that guy is whacked and says that it's fictional bullsh!t, the new conjuring movie. but shat hopes is 100% truth.

yes the old boy came back to life with a fire. sue games a startin again.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:14 pm

the shot of l. warren on his page is a gut-buster though with a nice heading. how true, how true!
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:36 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:So.....has anyone see THE CONJURING 2? I have to ask because I understand that the filmmakers included "Skeptic Kaplan" as a character in the film....which seems to be based on Stephen Kaplan who was the ONLY person who took the Warrens on and challenged their SHAKY credibility..........your thoughts?

He says he 'understand(s) the filmakers included "Sceptic Kaplan"'. I'm guessing he didn't or hasn't seen the movie yet. Or he read someone's review and learned it from there. :D

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:The Warrens went to the house in 1976 and participated in the media circus, but as the Kaplans later found out, the whole thing was a ploy on the part of Prentice Hall....the Warrens were given a publishing deal for their book "The Demonolgists" in exchange for bolstering the Lutz story.

As Sherb said, it is speculation. You cannot make open comments as it is fact, well not without backing it up with hard evidence, anyway.

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:In honor of my "friend" Lorraine Warren, and to celebrate her newest fictional offering to the box office, "The Conjuring 2," we've decided to give away 25 free rentals on Vimeo of Part 3.1 of the Shattered series....so if you haven't seen it.....here's your opportunity....but it's first come, first serve. The promotional code is "Huckster" -- and the link is right here......ENJOY. https://vimeo.com/r/1Jlg/Qi8uM0dYcj

I will wait for more grey hairs to surface, in the meantime.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:04 pm

horsysauce wrote:I think that's terrible to take advantage of people in that way.

don't worry. it's just a delayed orgasm. ryan will deliver. the finale will come...
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby horsysauce » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Too funny Jimmy but I'll take a pass on that one. I did not see the new Conjuring movie yet. Is it any good?
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby jimmysmokes » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 am

Don't waste your time on that garbage
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby horsysauce » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:45 pm

I suppose not! This room sure died. Guess nobody liked it?
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:39 pm

See The Conjuring thread - most of us did like it!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:09 am

Coming this Fall, Katzenbach solves all the Titanic mysteries!

Reelz Unveils Fall 2016 Programming Slate

Titanic: Sinking the Myths Premieres Saturday, October 22 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT

This two hour documentary special is based on the book of the same name by Titanic researcher Diana Bristow and reveals what really happened aboard the doomed liner, including previously unknown facts about the disaster. Titanic: Sinking the Myths shatters the long-held beliefs as seen in popular movie depictions that Titanic's crew fired regulation distress rockets and turned away help from a German liner out of concerns for piracy. The documentary will also explore how cost-cutting efforts made in the design process led to structural deficiencies in the ship and how the captain of another nearby ship ultimately took the fall as the scapegoat of a disaster that cost the lives of 1,503 men, women and children. The story made so familiar in the movies is juxtaposed against world politics and the impending outbreak of WWI, which had both direct and indirect bearing on the tragedy. Titanic: Sinking the Myths recounts the incredible story of Bill Müller who survived the disaster and who had an intimate connection to the ship. Seven-time Emmy(R) Award winner Edward Asner portrays a 96-year old Müller, telling his true account of the disaster for the first time to author Bristow who is portrayed by SAG Award nominee Frances Fisher (who also starred in the 1997 blockbuster Titanic) during her quest to find the truth. Müller served as secretary to a Dutch traffic inspector whose job was to inspect ships for insurance and investment firms and was an invited guest aboard the Titanic from the ship's owners. The interviews between Bristow and Müller will show viewers events as they unfold above and below deck and, ultimately, to the morning of April 15th, 1912 and the sloping decks of the mortally wounded liner. Titanic: Sinking the Myths is produced by KatcoMedia and directed by Ryan Katzenbach. Katzenbach also produced and directed the 2014 REELZ true-crime docudrama The Amityville Horror Murders.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2016 ... 08reelz01/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Rokiisun » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:52 am

Sounds like it could be a decent watch. I've always found the Titanic to be an interesting subject so I would like to at least give it a chance, even though I wasn't too big a fan on shattered hopes part 1. I've seen quite a few good Titanic documentaries, others not so good.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Postby kathyM » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:27 pm

After all the crap he caused, I would never give anything Katzenbach the time of day. :x
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:46 pm

kathyM wrote:After all the crap he caused, I would never give anything Katzenbach the time of day. :x

Let's see what the Titanic crowd make of him.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby horsysauce » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:51 pm

When is this project supposed to come out and what format?
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:40 pm

horsysauce wrote:When is this project supposed to come out and what format?

Which one? He has three on the go!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby horsysauce » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:54 am

3 of them? Well, I'm lost. It says October on the reelz channel. Will this hit then or be delayed like his other projects?

What else does he have? What's he going to show in this documentary that hasn't already been shown? Geez!
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:16 am

I'm sure Reelz will make sure the Titanic project is done in time. But all this is delaying the conclusion of Shattered Hopes (which he does in his own time) plus there's the Ronni Chasen project which may be aborted anyyway.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby jimmysmokes » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm

kblur77 wrote:Years ago prison used to be prison but now it seems like a playhouse for most these days. Just from what I've read about and seen, I've never been behind bars and want to keep it that way. As for Gates singing, did they have karaoke back then? I could see her doing that, drunk, sure.

WTH? That's a sick story! I guess your buddy deserved it though. "Some were so humiliated they vanished". Hilarious! Imagine that, a lawyer in drag? What did this moron find out about the drag "it" and what he (she) did for a living?

Did you notice that in Shat Hopes that at times Gates seems to be looking over and reading off a dummy card??

yes it's been brought up before.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby horsysauce » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Rokiisun wrote:Sounds like it could be a decent watch. I've always found the Titanic to be an interesting subject so I would like to at least give it a chance, even though I wasn't too big a fan on shattered hopes part 1. I've seen quite a few good Titanic documentaries, others not so good.

I don't know what one could possibly add to this, considering everything we know and have seen so far?
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Postby jimmysmokes » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:21 pm

he may have found the heart of the ocean
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

PreviousNext

Return to DeFeo Discussion